Deleted

Should WarcraftLogs account for Mechanics?

Hi,

Basicly I could write a whole wall of text but I'll keep it short. Some people are completely ignoring mechanics so they can get a high parse on warcraft logs. I feel like this is hurting progression sometimes and if everyone would ignore mechanics we would wipe over and over. Do you think WarcraftLogs is kinda limited? Because it only accounts for you as much DPS as you can wether you ignore mechanics completely or not. Do you think there should be some kind of Mechanics parse that looks if you are actually doing mechanics (dodging stuff, killing adds etc.)?

Cheers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    Hi,

Basicly I could write a whole wall of text but I'll keep it short. Some people are completely ignoring mechanics so they can get a high parse on warcraft logs. I feel like this is hurting progression sometimes and if everyone would ignore mechanics we would wipe over and over. Do you think WarcraftLogs is kinda limited? Because it only accounts for you as much DPS as you can wether you ignore mechanics completely or not. Do you think there should be some kind of Mechanics parse that looks if you are actually doing mechanics (dodging stuff, killing adds etc.)?

Cheers!
    Partly why some guilds don't publicly log so members aren't encouraged to do this.

WarcraftLogs *DOES* exclude damage in the most obvious examples, Scrubbers on Trilliax, Fel Soul on Aluriel etc.

It is your officers job to see if people are padding and detrimenting the raid, not WCL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Partly why some guilds don't publicly log so members aren't encouraged to do this.

WarcraftLogs *DOES* exclude damage in the most obvious examples, Scrubbers on Trilliax, Fel Soul on Aluriel etc.

It is your officers job to see if people are padding and detrimenting the raid, not WCL.
    Lol I was wondering why is our shadowpriest, who was nr1 on Trilliax, is in the bottom 4 dps in the logs.
    "The more you know"

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    Hi,

Cheers!
    WCL actually takes this a lot more seriously than past log sites have. Kihra's gone through a metric shit ton of effort to exclude logs which exploit, logs that pad on things not relevant to the fight (scrubbers on Trilliax being a prime example), etc. Plus, he's developed a great way to analyze the problems you had with mechanics with the Problems tab. Plus he includes stuns on the interrupts tab.

I can't gush more about WCL and the extensiveness of it. You just have to, as a raid leader, know where to find that info and wave it in front of your raiders.

Or you can keep your logs private, but someone's always personal logging and putting it up themselves, just to parse, so there's that.