Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm at 901 and I never reached 1,5mio in my opener. Pre pot/sephuz/loramus/4set. Lol

This is why I call everyone who claims to have a 4 million opener a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    You mean slightly better than cinidaria. Do some research before making such a statement.
    Slightly better still means better. Learn some english before making such a statement
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Slightly better still means better. Learn some english before making such a statement
    You should learn some english too.

You pretty much stated that Shoulders are better than Anger (never the case) which also directly means that it is miles ahead of Cinidaria and not just slightly better. It is also only conditionally better than Cinidaria.

You also stated that Metamorphosis relics are also better than everything which includes Chaos Strike relics. This is almost never the case with the exception of trying to get the Shoulders to actually be a DPS-gain over Cinidaria.

So yes, learn some reasoning skills first before questioning my english.

All means all.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2017-02-24 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netheris2k View Post
    I'm at 901 and I never reached 1,5mio in my opener. Pre pot/sephuz/loramus/4set. Lol

im 892 and reaches close to 2mill on openers if the RNGeezus is on my side, although i never keep 700+ through rough 6min bosses, more like between 400-600k depending on boss and happenings got 4p set and sephus + chest as legendary x.x

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by luciphear; 2017-02-24 at 12:59 PM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...41&end=4425170

A lot of DH can burst 4mil, a lot even go a little over 5mil.

I easily open with 4 million if I get a Foci mastery proc combined with decent DB procs. I could imagine 5 million or even more would be possible if one had a memento too that procced mastery :-)
    <Progress> - Firemaw EU

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...41&end=4425170

A lot of DH can burst 4mil, a lot even go a little over 5mil.
    yeah, if you stretch the graph for meta duration only, obviously there are brief 4-5M spikes when you get two or three crits in a row, I had these very brief bursts sometimes over 8M with prenerf skardyn, without belt. But, looking at the graph like this

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

suddenly, its not that high with peak at 2.8M, I would even say its slightly low, considering the abysmal crit luck, but this is how I usually look at my opening burst.

Not that those numbers arent impressive tho, 30M on adds, im assuming you figured out your pattern to have most of them in one place and aoed them down quickly? I dont think Ill be able to get even close to 800k when we manage to kill it

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    yeah, if you stretch the graph for meta duration only, obviously there are brief 4-5M spikes when you get two or three crits in a row, I had these very brief bursts sometimes over 8M with prenerf skardyn, without belt. But, looking at the graph like this

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

suddenly, its not that high with peak at 2.8M, I would even say its slightly low, considering the abysmal crit luck, but this is how I usually look at my opening burst.

Not that those numbers arent impressive tho, 30M on adds, im assuming you figured out your pattern to have most of them in one place and aoed them down quickly? I dont think Ill be able to get even close to 800k when we manage to kill it
    When you look at overall it's much more inaccurate. Try looking at damage taken, things that show as hitting at 2:35-2:40 were actually an instant hit at 2:36.

Fact is, if you hit 5mil dmg even for a few seconds in your burst, you burst 5mil.

Seems low to me but you need way more mastery personally with food buffs I'm
    40 crit
    37 mastery
    9 haste
    On st pulls I'm going over 2 mill sometimes with the same I leveled and anger and belt

If you cant break 1,5 mln in opener at 901 ilvl you really do something wrong. Im now 895 ilvl and on Krosus with bl at start I was doing 2,7 mln dps at opener. On fight without BL at start (Botanist) I was doing around 2,3 mln. Im pretty sure with mythic gear its really easy to get 4 mln at opener.

Deleted
    legendarys make a huge difference, i only have aothg as good legendary but have burst 3.7m before at 900 equipped so i can only imagine with belt. but if you cant constantly use chaos strike in opener it will gimp your burst hard, its also very rng based. if you dont get a nice solid crit string then theres nothing more you can do than hope for better luck next time, you also have around 15% less mastery than what people would call ideal which will drastically lower your burst due to chaos blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhzeus View Post
    legendarys make a huge difference, i only have aothg as good legendary but have burst 3.7m before at 900 equipped so i can only imagine with belt. but if you cant constantly use chaos strike in opener it will gimp your burst hard, its also very rng based. if you dont get a nice solid crit string then theres nothing more you can do than hope for better luck next time, you also have around 15% less mastery than what people would call ideal which will drastically lower your burst due to chaos blades.
    Quick question about the opener: I know we choose First Blood as a talent but when actually do we use Blade Dance over Chaos Strike? Specifically only with 2 or more adds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    If you cant break 1,5 mln in opener at 901 ilvl you really do something wrong. Im now 895 ilvl and on Krosus with bl at start I was doing 2,7 mln dps at opener. On fight without BL at start (Botanist) I was doing around 2,3 mln. Im pretty sure with mythic gear its really easy to get 4 mln at opener.
    Depends on your legendaries. If you have good ST burst legendaries (Cinidaria/ring) you can do stupid amounts of burst, if you don't have those, you're not going to be doing 4 million unless you get STUPIDLY lucky with crits and procs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    Quick question about the opener: I know we choose First Blood as a talent but when actually do we use Blade Dance over Chaos Strike? Specifically only with 2 or more adds?
    First blood means Blade dance is your highest ST dps spell. This also extends to Death Sweep during meta.
    If you ignore Foti, anyway.

Get Belt and ring and Jacin's and it is easy. I get 3.5 if I get good CB procs without ring.

same. I have never ever seen a DH over 1.8m tbh, they are all full of shit lmao. post a pic of 4m on krosus and ill give you my account, computer and monitor. and pay shipping. sick set up too. your up.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post

same. I have never ever seen a DH over 1.8m tbh, they are all full of shit lmao. post a pic of 4m on krosus and ill give you my account, computer and monitor. and pay shipping. sick set up too. your up.

Want me to PM my address, or? FWIW there's a fair few over 3.5m on Mythic too (spent all of 30s looking). Considering this was purely about opening burst it really makes no difference. *shrug*

E: Just tagging @Netheris2k as well because you seem to think opening DPS somehow can't go that high. o.O
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-02-27 at 12:21 AM.

Deleted
    there are plenty of logs where a dh bursts 3mill or slightly higher, 5 mill is utter bs on st tho with current average gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    there are plenty of logs where a dh bursts 3mill or slightly higher, 5 mill is utter bs on st tho with current average gear level.
    Burst? it really isnt but its a matter of RNG, im sure someone can burst the 5mil mark, also sure for the next 100 pulls there only 4mil on that burst but its doable.

Also log screen above is burst of what 4.75m or so?
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Ok, just to make sure I'm not screwing up, can you confirm if I'm doing right?

I go in and pop Meta+ CB+ Nemesis (have these all macroed together).
    As soon as I land I imediately pop FotI, Felblade > Death Sweep (and then on cd) > Annihilation spam and felblade procs.

Is it correct? I'm not sure if I should pop FotI right when it lands or if I should Felblade > Deathsweep first.

I'm currently at 875 ilvl, 4 pc bonus, 41% crit, 31% mastery, 5% haste, and the highest I can get is about 1.2mm opening burst, no food, no flask, no bl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    Yeah, with average gear. There are people with better gear than that, that's why it's called average.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
    Ok, just to make sure I'm not screwing up, can you confirm if I'm doing right?

I go in and pop Meta+ CB+ Nemesis (have these all macroed together).
    As soon as I land I imediately pop FotI, Felblade > Death Sweep (and then on cd) > Annihilation spam and felblade procs.

Is it correct? I'm not sure if I should pop FotI right when it lands or if I should Felblade > Deathsweep first.

I'm currently at 875 ilvl, 4 pc bonus, 41% crit, 31% mastery, 5% haste, and the highest I can get is about 1.2mm opening burst, no food, no flask, no bl.
    If you can get 3 Death Sweep off during CB (I kinda doubt you can at 5%), you should do that above all else. This likely means changing your opener to meta > FB > CB+Nem > DS > Foti. Delaying foti by 1 global is fine, since you can still get the same amount off.
    Besides, using CB while you're not in melee range (Which your macro seems to be doing at the start) wastes a second or so of it, which is quite bad, since it's so much extra damage it does