Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I don't even care who has the best chemistry. I just want the plot to be solidified and romance get together nonsense to end for at least a year or two.
    That could happen if Iris lives. She and Barry have gotten together; the nonsense part of the romance will-they-won't-they is over.

On an unrelated note, it only just now occurred to me that the third season of the Flash is the first one where they changed the intro monologue halfway through. Kinda like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the season is broken into multiple plot arcs with connections between them, instead of one single season-long plot arc (S1 Reverse Flash, S2 Zoom). Interesting.
    Last edited by Khime; 2017-02-10 at 11:21 PM.

So excited for the next two episodes, hope Julian sticks around next season.

so unrelated to the arrowverse, but i find it interesting. soon the cw will have two comic book universes on its channel.

arrowverse, and the archie verse with archie, sabrina the teenage witch, ect ect as they just worked out a new deal with archie comics to make more shows in the archie universe

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/02/...warner-bros-tv
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think Archie does have a thread, but it didn't get traction. I haven't watched any of it, don't feel like overdosing on CWDrama™
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I think Archie does have a thread, but it didn't get traction. I haven't watched any of it, don't feel like overdosing on CWDrama™
    its less drama and more twin peaks for teens. its very weird in a great way. and sabrina is supposed to show up by the end of season 1 so i expect it to get weirder
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

So why couldn't Vibe open a breach closer to Harry?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Or, how did he open one that close, I guess.

I like Jessie, I'd love to see more of her with the main crew, and the budding romance never mattered to me, but asking someone to move to another Earth that you haven't been on an actual date with, that's just silly "movie love" crap.

Maybe start with some long phone calls first. Or short ones, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    So why couldn't Vibe open a breach closer to Harry?
    1) They didn't know exactly where he was, and what they were tracking him by ended up not being where he was anyway.
    2) If they came out too close, they'd have ended up appearing inside whatever cell/prison/etc he's in, which isn't much of a rescue.
    3) Whatever kept him from vibing until they got out of the city might've prevent him from vibing closer.
    4) We've no idea how accurate his power is anyway, except that only 2 out of 3 of his attempts to get to Kara's apartment were on target.

Pick one or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    1) They didn't know exactly where he was *snip*
    If only one of them had the power to vibe in on people to see what they were doing!

My point was, it seemed like they didn't even try, all in the name of giving Caitfoy some screen time.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Burn before gorilla kind!!

I mean, I'm sure I'm not alone in figuring it was always Grodd's plan to get them to instigate the war. I'm not sure why the heroes didn't figure it out, but whatever. But at the least, when asked why they came to Gorilla City, why didn't they say "we came to rescue the guy you guys lured here with a math riddle!" rather than just "uh, we didn't mean to"...

Not that it matters, I guess since even their participation means nothing in the end, but it's still irritating.

Not that it matters, I guess since even their participation means nothing in the end, but it's still irritating.
    To be fair, if Barry didn't keep the Idiot Ball firmly in his grasp at all times, most episodes of the Flash would be over in 5 minutes.

He also shouldn't have been hit by the sleeping dart. Shoulda booked it out of there as soon as he said it was a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    He also shouldn't have been hit by the sleeping dart. Shoulda booked it out of there as soon as he said it was a trap.
    "It's a trap!"
    ::inflash time, slowly watches a dart slowly moving towards him slowly::
    ::thinks to self "I could stop the dart, but then I wouldn't be able to say I told you it's a trap, so..."::
    ::gets hit by dart!::

Especially the dart in the arena, I mean, duh.
    That said, it didn't look like he did the "vibrate into your chest", so much as hit him real hard, so how did he actually defeat the gorilla? And when he said "lighting might work!" and ran around... he wasn't actually throwing lightning, right? He just was running in circles thinking about it?

"It's a trap!"
    ::inflash time, slowly watches a dart slowly moving towards him slowly::
    ::thinks to self "I could stop the dart, but then I wouldn't be able to say I told you it's a trap, so..."::
    ::gets hit by dart!::

Especially the dart in the arena, I mean, duh.
    This is especially infuriating because he was better than this even back in Season 1. Back then, just the feeling of a bullet starting to hit the back of his neck from an unexpected shot was enough to accelerate his reflexes to Flash-Time and let him avoid more than a mild skin irritation. But I guess the writers realized that made him and other speedsters too fast to be beatable, hence why Arrow was able to nail Reverse Flash, and why Cisco and Harry were able to land shots on Zoom and Barry, respectively.

That said, it didn't look like he did the "vibrate into your chest", so much as hit him real hard, so how did he actually defeat the gorilla? And when he said "lighting might work!" and ran around... he wasn't actually throwing lightning, right? He just was running in circles thinking about it?
    I think the punch partially went into Solovar, which is why he didn't immediately jump back up from a simple punch. As for the lightning, he was still building up, since as we've seen in the past the amount of revolutions it takes for him to charge his lightning throw is dictated by plot (i.e. compare how quickly he zapped Firestorm, Atom and Supergirl versus how long it took him to try to zap Solovar or Zoom).

Yeah, I recognize it all depends on plot, still gets silly at times. Especially once it flubs once, it's just more obvious when it flubs after. Heck, Jessie slowly walked back when her father was rescued. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Barry needs to be dumb or there will be no plot.

say hello to black lightning

10+ Year Old Account
    Started binge watching this series a few days ago and I'm now about halfway through season 2.
    It's alright I guess but it does kinda annoy me that someone needs to have some kind of emotional and/or existential crisis literally ever episode so far.

"-I can't do this"
    "- yes you can! I/we believe in you and love you!"
    "-I guess I can do this!"
    "- Yes I/we believe in you and love you!"

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I get that it's to be "expected" from the superhero genre but must they cram in such a moment at least once in every single episode?

/end rant.