Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legion or any expansion will never be better then WoTLK or it's predecessors simply due to the community falling apart with Xrealm, LFG, LFR nonsense.

However Legion has addressed every issue plaguing the game starting with WoTLK.

Mythic+ Dungeons fixes a critical mistake made in WoTLK of watered down Heroics. They are now more challenging (not as hard as TBC Heroics still imo) that can scale as the game goes on. I would rather M+ be more dungeon crawly though then just a speed zerg, makes it more puggable, but Blizzard wants to incentives us playing with friends.

PvP Talents bring back a form of PvP progression. This is far from a perfect system, I'd still rather gear being locked out by rating, but it's something.

World Quest make the world feel alive again. Sadly we still don't interact with people the way we used to. I just have an addon that auto finds me a group in a quest area, and then I leave w/o saying a word.

Professions were addressed initially, they still need an overhaul to be more interesting like in other MMOs. Right now crafting is a joke. but M+ increased the demand for potions.

I actually love how they bought back attunements also. Overall Blizzard seemed very sadistic in Legion, we whined about not having anything to do in WoD so they threw everything at us in Legion.

The RNG loot and Legendary systems has its problems, but it gives you a reason to do stuff. Go and do Kara, EN, ToV and fish for Titanforge Gear and Legendaries, and since your not only relying on a drop, but also relying on Titanforging you don't feel like you need to do it. Casual players shouldn't complain. I can understand if Mythic Raiders can get frustrated.

I think people are having a hard time adjusting to the fact that you can't really "finish" a character for a given Tier, and just gear another one or wait for the next patch. But I love how I'm allowed to LOVE MY MAIN and always having something to get on with when I log on it. It hasn't been this way for me since TBC and I haven't been this addicted to the game since that time (sadly with far less time to play). I've barely had time to PvP this xpac which hasn't been a thing for me since TBC.

In previous expansions I'd have friends with 5+ characters fully decked out that I couldn't even distinguish which toon was their main. I'm glad this World of Alts nonsense we've had since WoTLK is gone. I have one alt with one spec at 37 traits, as opposed to my main with 44 Traits and 35 Traits on the other spec. How it should be imo. Alts are bigger issue for PvP imo.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because they finally managed to make the daily content not grindy at all.
    Is this sarcasm?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Imo because of m+
    What was said above, It's only decent cause WoD was so bad but also this:

Mythic + :Is nothing but a speed run without challange, you AoE everything down you're done. If It didn't have a time limit and you could take your time, I'd love to do them.

LFR raiding Is useless, you get better gear from World Quests, you do It once for the story and then LFR becomes obsolete.

Legendary system:
    Is copied from Diablo 3, lazy development In my eyes and there was no need for Legendaries anyway. We have artifacts for green jesus sake. What Is more epic, having the Ring of Natherezim Sex Appeal drop from a wolf's gut? Or going Into the very pits of hellfire Itself Into the Molten Core, finding Ingots to forge the Hammer of Sulfuros In the very depths of Fiery Hell Itself? Or even finding the Hilt of a broken elven blade, only to find the materials to re-forge the metals and then take It to a dragon, Onyxia herself to have her breathe her magical fire breathe on It and re-forge Quel'Serrar, one of few blades gifted from the Aspects to the Elves long ago?

World quests are just Daily Quests but everywhere, and they take longer to get to, and the travel time to all of them takes longer then their completion, and their difficulty Is laughable. Daily Hubs are still better, as you can spend half an hour on them with a pre-planned route, but World Quests can take hours to complete.

Gear Is dropped left and right and center:, It doesn't feel rewarding, you kick nuts around for 5 minutes and get an epic helmet, or you grow trees as a wisp while avoiding your biggest nemesis: the fish and you get epic boots.

Hardcore; To add upon the World Quest Issue: As a hardcore Raider/PvPer you HAVE to do every single world quest, especially If It contains gear & Artifact Power, so that you stay ahead of the curve and stronger than your opposition.

PvP talent system/Gear problem for PvP: while a fun Idea Is just not useful right now, the talents might be great but the fact we don't get Gear guaranteed from PvPing Is obsurd. And the majority of PvPers are PvPing with PvE gear because It is objectively better and easier to get than spamming Battlegrounds or Arenas and hoping you get a crate that drops a gear piece, and that's assuming you win because you don't get a crate for loosing and hence your time has been wasted.

Artifact Power: Is a useless progression thingie, Gear Is the factor that should be considered as progression, getting It should be rewarding and It isn't this time around because half of the progression In Legion depends on Artifact Power. And both Gear & Artifact Power make It impossibly long and grindy for just ONE character.

Heavily Alt Unfriendly:, the catch up mechanics Introduced In 7.1 are non existant. You still have to spend time to get the Order Res. to get the "Catch up mechanic" so you're still spending roughly the same amount of time catching up. A bit less than before but It's barely anything and does not help speed up your alt progression.

Class Balance: At a whim, like at 7.1.5 we had massive class changes, good classes changes Into bad, and bad Into good and the people who spent putting a ton of Artifact Power Into one weapon were sad cause their class got nerfed and now they had to spend more time putting weapon Into an other weapon, at which point they'd become less stronger and more useless for a raid/PvPing enviroment and had to start the grind all over again.

Regular Talents: Still not Improved, there's always going to be the optimal talents to choose from, and they keep saying oh you can switch them on whim depending which is more usefull. Well no, wrong. You still use the same talents over and over because they're objectively better and stronger for you. Quit It Blizz.

Zone stories: The stories are barely connected to the over all big picture and story arc of the Expansion. Each of the four zones apart from Suramar serve no purpose other than World Quests and It's people are no where to be seen helping us out against the Legion. Trials of Valor doesn't count, It's just a stupid little raid with copied tactics and abilities from regular mobs around Stormheim. They only made those 4 zones to cator to fan requests that have been bombarding them for ages: Azshara, naga? Azsuna Is there for Azshara and Naga! We wanted Nightmare, Xavius and stuff? A zone exactly for that. We wanted Vrykul, WoW version of Odin and Valhalla? We got that. We wanted... Tauren apparently? We got that. Suramar Is also just a copied story from TBC, they're the blood elves of this expansion, although I'll admit Suramar City looks amazing. Probably the only amazing feature of the expansion, just the scale and size of It... I wish all capital cities were re-Imagined In this way.

Dungeons are not relevant: Almost forgot about this, Asmuch as Blizzard claims dungeons will be relevant In Legion, Dungeons have lost their challange and difficulty since TBC and to some extend Wrath. You don't use CCing still, and even If you do everyone has an AoE and that's all you do, even tanks and healer just Aoe Taunt/heal and that's all they do, no single targeting, no tactics, no strategy just mindless bruteforcing your way through without a thought. You took your time with dungeons, It was difficult In TBC especially, you could take 30-60 mins running a dungeon, mostly less If you had a good group. What's It look like now? You run a dungeon In 10 minutes, 15 minutes tops. And you don't even stop, at all.. you just keep walking and walking and walking and all you do Is spam AoE. That's not a dungeon experience. You forgot what that means, Blizz.

Utility Abilities: We have lots a TONS of abilitles, utilities and rotation for our classes. From 5-10 buttons we've slowly gotten to the point of Legion, where your rotation Is 3 buttons on average. We've lost utility abilities for example: Hunter Traps, Lichborne for Death Knights (Anti CC/fear Ability which by the way would be useful In Maw of Souls since people seem to be running It for Power Artifact a ton), Mage Abilities - If you're fire, you only use fire. If you're Arcane you only use Arcane... that's not a mage. You utility abilities and spells from ALL THREE SPECS, and only empower one of the specs cause you have talents In that spec. Presence Of Mind used to be more than just an Instant Arcane Blast cast, you could use that to cast a Frostbolt when you had to escape quickly. Stances for Warriors are lost, presences for Death Knights are lost - and yes, they were useful to switch betwenn those at times both In PvP and PvE. This Is a sympthom of the game becoming so casual the game doesn't think you can handle so much abilities and spells, and dumbs down the game, HEAVILY for you. And again that's just off the top of my head.
    Minor PvP related point: Warriors (At least Arms Warriors) have a PvP talent called DUEL which means the targeted player has to attack you who casted the duel, and If they don't their damage Is decreased by 50 % - that Is stolen directly from SW:TOR, where all taunt abilities In Star Wars: The Old Republic would cause the targeted taunted player to deal less damage unless attacking the tank = That Is called PvP tanking. Please use It for all tanks, It SHOULD be available to all classes that can taunt, and taunt should do that by default, perhaps with a larger cooldown to compenstate for PvP Enviroment - taunting was actually useful In PvP In SWTOR and thats' how you make tanks relevant In a PvP enviroment, If SW:TOR solved that Issue 6 years ago, why couldn't you, Blizz? They copy everything from other games anyway. Even the mass-looting from multiple bodies was taken from SW:TOR. Whilst SW:TOR Is currently a bad game, It had good ideas that WoW still Isn't utilizing.

We are too powerful: Ever since WoD, we've been Commanders. Now we are the new Ashbringer, the Highlord, the Deathlord, the Cringelord and so on... remember when we were just Adventurers, seeking to go Into the Molten Core to make a hammer for ourselves, get some loot and that's It? When we went to Upper Blackrock Spire to kill the False Warchief who would take Thrall's place? We were simple Adventurers just helping out our people, our faction, we helped Important Lore Characters to do things that would progress the story. We were there when Tirion helped finish off the Lich King. I guarantee you If that happened now, we'd be the ones kiling him with the Ashbringer our selves. Isn't It more fun and Interesting to see us help a lore character to defeat that? And then be able to say "Tirion killed him with the final blow" Instead of "Random Adventurer guy with Ashbringer killed Arthas" - just like we did with Garrosh actually, If we didn't help Thrall and let him kill Garrosh, we wouln't have an epic cutscene and more potential for story for Thrall If It was just us killing him and not Thrall.

And all of that Is just off the top of my head...
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-02-24 at 03:04 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

It's not, stop deluding yourself.

I've seen less brainless grinding in Korean MMOs...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Vindro View Post
    for me it is very simple, i play about 50h a week, in legion i have something i find usefull to do 95% of the time. In precedent xpac i spent half of my time jumping on tiles/roof in ironforge/stormwind.

Im getting worried about 7.2 though, with blue post as "we can help ensure that you're never too far behind even if you aren't spending as much time farming". That s exactly the kind of mindset that ruined wow (and most mmorpg) for me until legion. Since D&D rpg are, for me, all about character progression, when i dont have anything to do to progress my toon because it wouldnt be "fair" to people playing less than me, i just quit.
    Designing expansion around jobless is another reason why it's shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    M+
    Scalable rewards
    Legendaries for hunting something

Raids are.... raids, what else?

I think almost everything is well made. It's hilarious that people complain about rng in wq, dungeon loot and such. Legion without this feature would simply one of the other expansions. WF/TF procs don't have any negative effects if you play the game like you already have, except if you want to have the biggest e-peen. If you want better loot, go further in difficulty to push the base item level. There is nothing new here. The only downside is really if you get a legendary and it's the worst you can get. This can be frustrating.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion isn't the best. The developers haven't prepared well enough for it. The game still lacks so many things that could be easily implemented and would substantially improve things. Legion doesn't feel like a finished product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Is this sarcasm?
    Nah - just reality. Anyone who has played through the last 12 years will see the huge difference between the grind required to do so many things in the past, compared to the absolute lack of any need for grind in Legion.

That's the part I like most about Legion.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's better then WoD but not by much.

Nah - just reality. Anyone who has played through the last 12 years will see the huge difference between the grind required to do so many things in the past, compared to the absolute lack of any need for grind in Legion.

That's the part I like most about Legion.
    Not sure if you're living in some sort of alternate bizarro reverse reality...

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Not sure if you're living in some sort of alternate bizarro reverse reality...
    I live in real reality, and play GAME called WoW... in the current expansion of WoW called Legion - no grind is required.

That fact is why I like Legion so much.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Legion's an odd one I can't categorize.

It has some of the best systems WoW has ever had, and equally some of the worst.
    I'm in the same boat actually. It's a great expansion 100 times better than WoD that's a for sure but at the same time it's one of the worst. So I don't really know how to really feel about it right now.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Systems-wise Legion is a complete trainwreck, the raids range from decent to very good, there's some fun specs but at the same time it removed some of the most fun specs in the game. Overall it's "okay", but nothing more than that.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I live in real reality, and play GAME called WoW... in the current expansion of WoW called Legion - no grind is required.

That fact is why I like Legion so much.
    No grind is required if you play LFR or normal, true. But if you have goals at this level, no grind was required in previous expansions either, so your claims that Legion is "less grindy" is pointless (and wrong).
    If you have heroic or mythic goal, then Legion is more (if HC) or vastly more (if mythic) more grindy. In which case said claim is just wrong.
    In both case, you're blatantly wrong, if we refer to REALITY. Hence you probably refer to some kind of imaginary WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think MoP was the best xpac so far. I had fun every time I logged on.

I'm not that happy with Legion. It's mainly because of how much grinding you need to put into your weapon, and because of how tedious getting alts up can be. It feels like work, which is when I lose interest.
    Yeah, agreed on MoP probably being the best expansion, with Legion being tied for worst with WoD out of the ones I've played(not Vanilla/TBC).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

No grind is required if you play LFR or normal, true.
    Or heroic.

But if you have goals at this level, no grind was required in previous expansions
    Incorrect ... you were required to repeat the same task over and over to achieve normal targets.

Just to get an epic mount in vanilla required a massive repetitive grind.

These days - you play normally, paced and stuff just falls into your lap.

It isn't. I would actually vote it being the worst expansion imo, and yes that includes Draenor.

7+ Year Old Account
    new animations

the rest of stuff is crap
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

At least, Legion will be remember for crappy legendary system and artifact power grind.

Still better memories than Cataclsym.

Deleted
    Haven't had as much fun as i'm having in legion, since probably Burning Crusade, but back then the game was fresh, so content wise i think Legion will end out on top for me.