Thread: [Music] Metal

Deleted

Really catchy stuff from the man from Alphabetrium.

Quote Originally Posted by mybackhurts View Post
    What a fucking bummer.

Welp time to get Marduk's entire discography on vinyl. I've always dug them, they were a very middle of the road "okay" black metal band. Never amazing, never bad

Yeah they never really stood out as anything special, just easily accessible black metal. It's perplexing that they draw protests.

This is a band that I'd drop everything to see if they came anywhere close to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    What a fucking bummer.

Welp time to get Marduk's entire discography on vinyl. I've always dug them, they were a very middle of the road "okay" black metal band. Never amazing, never bad
    In my opinion Marduk has some amazing albums; Nightwing, Wormwood, Frontschwein come to mind. Definitely worth getting those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    In my opinion Marduk has some amazing albums; Nightwing, Wormwood, Frontschwein come to mind. Definitely worth getting those.
    They've yet to make a bad album. There's a few albums I like less than the others, but every incarnation of Marduk has been solid at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    They've yet to make a bad album. There's a few albums I like less than the others, but every incarnation of Marduk has been solid at the very least.
    Kind of how I feel about Marduk as well.

Panzer Division Marduk is the album that stands out to me. Wormwood is very meh to me but I REALLY like Chorus of Cracking Necks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panzer Division Marduk is the album that stands out to me. Wormwood is very meh to me but I REALLY like Chorus of Cracking Necks.
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. I think Panzer Division Marduk is an okay album but I like Wormwood, Frontschwein and especially Nightwing a lot more. Nightwing is my favorite Marduk album. Must admit, that besides Nightwing, it has been awhile I have listened to the older Marduk albums with Legion.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2017-02-24 at 04:19 PM.

I'm going to jam their whole discog at some point today. I remember their early albums being actually really good, and then they taper off into just being decent for the rest of their career. That said I've only heard up to Wormwood so I'm missing out on two potential good albums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really cared about Panzer Division Marduk. There's more extreme music about. Wormwood on the other hand is my favourite out of the Mortuus era, Nightwing my favourite Legion album. But even the early stuff like Those of the Unlight is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some crazy Belgians playing some wild black metal

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I never really cared about Panzer Division Marduk. There's more extreme music about. Wormwood on the other hand is my favourite out of the Mortuus era, Nightwing my favourite Legion album. But even the early stuff like Those of the Unlight is great.
    Those of the Unlight is their real standout to me. That transcends them as a band and is up there with the heavy hitters in BM imo. I forget its even by them at times, I didn't even think of it when I said I dig Panzer Division the most.

Edit: Opus Nocturne fucking rules too, nevermind Marduk is awesome.

Deleted

Side project from Kataklysm with a new album. This is the only track on youtube, it's not my favourite.

If you like that, look for 'Cato Major: Carthago delenda Est!' on Spotify from the same album. Much better.

Deleted

First full length arson project is out, and it's amazing, along with "voices" from Wormrot this is another stellar grindcore album and i hope to catch them live somewhere this year
    Last edited by mmocbe6e477c2f; 2017-02-24 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Some crazy Belgians playing some wild black metal
    This is on my to listen list! Can't have enough BM with Dutch lyrics.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is on my to listen list! Can't have enough BM with Dutch lyrics.
    Shame the album isn't really consistent. There's a couple ho-hummers on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the first track is really good but then it *makes fart noises*.

Some nice Hvis Lyset Tar Oss worship right here

I'd forgotten all about these guys, spotify reminded me today