Poll: Who do you support?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Smile Video of female cyclist's revenge on Catcalling London driver goes viral

It’s hard enough to be a cyclist on the busy streets of London without the added burden of sexual harassment during your ride. For one female cyclist, taking the high road and ignore the crass comments did nothing to curb the profane overtures, so she exacted a little vengeance before taking off in a different direction from her harassers’ van.

The video begins as painfully as you would imagine, but her parting shot, coupled with a few choice words from the motorcycle rider taking the video, brings a little satisfaction to an otherwise discouraging exchange.

There’s nothing inspiring or empowering about being objectified to the point of losing your cool, but hopefully her response curbs the future behavior of the two men in the truck and reminds us that this treatment occurs all the time without being reported. Maybe next time we see it happen, we’ll intervene before anger prevails.
    https://www.good.is/articles/cyclist-catcall-revenge

Wow. It's great that we're getting more video of these incidents! Whose side are you on?
    Last edited by Tennis; 2017-02-24 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

https://www.good.is/articles/cyclist-catcall-revenge

Wow. It's great that we're getting more video of these incidents! Whose side are you on?
    I'm on the side that she broke someone property and should be brought to court over it.

If she chooses to submit a counter suit for harassment, then I support that too.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    This is 100% not staged.

Why do we have to take sides? They were both wrong.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Both wrong. Funny video (second part). Both still wrong.

The motorcycle dude says in a posh accent "that's exactly what you deserve you scum"

Looks like it's staged. It would be difficult for a girl to tear off a car door mirror with her bare hands.

I'm sure this video has got a lot of hits.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm on the side that she broke someone property and should be brought to court over it.

If she chooses to submit a counter suit for harassment, then I support that too.
    Interesting that you didn't posit she should sue for harassment.

10+ Year Old Account

So you don't side with her even though she was harassed and physically assaulted?

I admit I laughed hard at the white-knight following them and at how gringey that last comment was.

More on the topic side of things though - regarding who is the 'bigger asshole and whatnot':

This sums up pretty much my stance on the issue.

When will people learn to NEVER feed the troll.. She stooped down to his level by reacting like a child. Both parties are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It would be difficult for a girl to tear off a car door mirror with her bare hands.
    I'm pretty sure any non-cave dweller can easily rip one off.

So you don't side with her even though she was harassed and physically assaulted?
    If you watch the video closely, she physically assaulted him first. Two wrongs don't make a right.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol physically assaulted.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Interesting that you didn't posit she should sue for harassment.
    Not sure what you mean. I did say I support her if she sues for harassment.

That fat ass driver was the instagater and was persistent in his assault. 100% support the cyclist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me the time stamp when she was "physically assaulted".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault

Not a big fan of criminal forms of revenge. Hope she will learn from this mistake.

I'm on this guy's side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The motorcycle dude says in a posh accent "that's exactly what you deserve you scum"

Looks like it's staged. It would be difficult for a girl to tear off a car door mirror with her bare hands.

I'm sure this video has got a lot of hits.
    In her defense, she looks quite fit. I am not in good shape, and not a big guy by any means (5'8", 150lbs) And I can tear off a side view mirror with my bare hands just as easily.