Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Also, I play on PC and it's been confirmed you can hotkey Favorites, so to me it's not going to be a big hurdle.
    This...... I like this.

PC master race =)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

Because all of this was present in the previous games. And the previous games are critically acclaimed masterworks of the videogame industry.

Seriously, you had to pause to issue orders to your squad. You had to pause to change their weapons. You had to pause to change yours if you used more than two. You had to pause to order squadmates to use specific spells in combo with your own. ALL of your abilities engaged in cooldowns whenever you used any move (Which means if you throw a single Overload or Warp, be prepared to do nothing but shooting for the next 5 seconds).

But you're complaining about all of these hurdles in Andromeda, even though you've been dealing with them since the trilogy began.

THAT is why I say you're making a storm in a glass of water.

Wow... just wow. Lets ignore all the bad things, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

Also, I play on PC and it's been confirmed you can hotkey Favorites, so to me it's not going to be a big hurdle. .
    Gosh thank you.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-02-24 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Wow... just wow. Lets ignore all the bad things, I see.
    "Bad things" right. Despite all of these things you complain about, the previous trilogy was fun as hell. The gameplay was enjoyed by pretty much everyone who played it.

Deleted
    "Bad things" right. Despite all of these things you complain about, the previous trilogy was fun as hell. The gameplay was enjoyed by pretty much everyone who played it.
    Yeah, except that is completely untrue and ME1 for example is considered to have extremely bad gameplay.

Yeah, except that is completely untrue and ME1 for example is considered to have extremely bad gameplay.
    I've seen both sides of that fence.

Me personally, yes, I did not enjoy the gameplay of 1 much (though it was less to do with the pause system, and more to do with how pointless/boring most of the skills were, as well as how it tried to be a shooter/RPG, but failed at both). But I utterly adored the gameplay of 2, and 3 only made it that much better. That said, I've seen more than a few who preferred the first game's approach, as it was more heavily focused on the RPG elements, whereas 2 and 3 were pretty much third person cover shooters with some mild RPG bits here and there. The general consensus I've seen points out that yes, 1 is seen as the weirdo in the trilogy when it comes to the gameplay.

Now I have to wonder, did YOU enjoy the gameplay of any ME game in the original trilogy?

- - - Updated - - -

And now a thought occurred to me, a bit of fridge logic.

The Andromeda Initiative departs from the Milky Way, and arrives on Andromeda. But I've seen stated several times that we can't go back. Why? Is there a particular reason? I mean, if we could stay 600 years spent in stasis, what's to stop us from spending another 600? If its resources, what's to stop us from gathering resources in the new galaxy then make the trip back?

If nothing is stopping us, then why hasn't anyone from the previous cycle thought of this to counter the reapers? Just flee the galaxy, don't even have to make it to Andromeda. Just fly away for 300 years, then double-back for another 300. Presto. By the time you arrive, the reaper culling is over, and you can rebuild civilization and hopefully prepare the galaxy for when the next cycle happens. I'm surprised nobody thought of that. I'm surprised the protheans didn't think of that, considering how crazy-prepared they were.

I hope this is addressed and pointed out in Andromeda. But likely wont.

Deleted
    I've seen both sides of that fence.

Me personally, yes, I did not enjoy the gameplay of 1 much (though it was less to do with the pause system, and more to do with how pointless/boring most of the skills were, as well as how it tried to be a shooter/RPG, but failed at both). But I utterly adored the gameplay of 2, and 3 only made it that much better. That said, I've seen more than a few who preferred the first game's approach, as it was more heavily focused on the RPG elements, whereas 2 and 3 were pretty much third person cover shooters with some mild RPG bits here and there. The general consensus I've seen points out that yes, 1 is seen as the weirdo in the trilogy when it comes to the gameplay.

Now I have to wonder, did YOU enjoy the gameplay of any ME game in the original trilogy?
    Obviously, I didn't enjoy every single part of it. Because that would mean I have extremely low standards.

Enjoyed the fact that ME2 was clean when it came down to to the shooter/cover system, I didn't enjoy the fact that it was also extremely limiting at the same time, at everything you could possibly do, it had a story I could get behind though.

If you are asking me whether I've played better games by now, then yes, much better games... with a much better story and writing too. Especially after the ME3 disaster. Which is probably one of the worst I've heard of in recent years... or at least played.
    And quite honestly, from what we know of ME:A, I hesitate to even anticipate better world building and storytelling.

Really feels like they are trying to squeeze in some fan-favorites again, which might end up in a mess, just like ME3.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-02-24 at 06:17 PM.

Might be a stupid question, but when does this game take place, roughly?

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I can go back and play Kotor 1, and still find it fun, and that game has some of the most bland combat ever. The gameplay from ME1 could be much worse :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    When you wake up, ME3 is already 600years in the past or something.
    It's basically a complete reset, Reapers do/did not/never exist in their eyes.
    So basically, you have to keep race-relations in mind to the point how they were at the end of ME2 or in ME1.

Which is a good thing imho.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-02-24 at 06:18 PM.

I mean we have know since the trailer dropped that favorites are hotkeyable. Tbh even on consoles ME:A should still have the most fluid combat we have seen in a me game. On on Pc all our powers are a hot key away, instead of a menu, if anything the game is built with PC in mind. We have to deal with cooldown's after swapping favoites to compensate for the fact that cooldowns aren't global anymore so the game should feel a lot more fluid an fast paced, because you arn't just spamming the best skill over and over again.

On my current Me 2 insanity game im just spamming tech armor over and over again because with global cooldown's it just inst worth it to use anything else 90% of the time.

When you wake up, ME3 is already 600years in the past or something.
    It's basically a complete reset, Reapers do/did not/never exist in their eyes.
    So basically, you have to keep race-relations in mind to the point how they were at the end of ME2 or in ME1.

Which is a good thing imho.
    If they had high security clearance then they would know about Sovereign.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, I can go back and play Kotor 1, and still find it fun, and that game has some of the most bland combat ever. The gameplay from ME1 could be much worse :P
    634~ years after ME2. The rest of the citadel races arrived first in 600 years, for some reason we are 34~ years late
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-24 at 06:29 PM.

About 600 years after ME2. The expedition to Andromeda departs between ME2 and ME3, and the journey takes a very long time in cryosleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    If they had high security clearance then they would know about Sovereign.
    Pretty sure Dadryder knows, considering he is N7 and a top scientist hell they may have brought him in to look at the wreckage before he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    634~ years after ME2. The rest of the citadel races arrived first in 600 years, for some reason we are 34~ years late
    Seriously? o_O

where was this confirmed?

its gonna be kinda sucky if we get there 34 years after everyone else has had well over 3 decades to settle in. We're no longer having that fresh "brand new ground" experience if there's been 3 decades of colonization taking place.

Seriously? o_O

where was this confirmed?

its gonna be kinda sucky if we get there 34 years after everyone else has had well over 3 decades to settle in. We're no longer having that fresh "brand new ground" experience if there's been 3 decades of colonization taking place.
    It was on one of the reviews i think, I looked over a lot of shit yesterday lmao. They had to give enough time to have all the languages to be translated, enough time for basic settlements to develop, like the one that Sloan Kelly girl is on, for raider bands to form, and for the Nexus to go from one ward/panel during travel to almost complete. But i know Habatat 7 the starting plant is nice and virginal from the other milky way races.

It was on one of the reviews i think, I looked over a lot of shit yesterday lmao. They had to give enough time to have all the languages to be translated, enough time for basic settlements to develop, like the one that Sloan Kelly girl is on, for raider bands to form, and for the Nexus to go from one ward/panel during travel to almost complete. But i know Habatat 7 the starting plant is nice and virginal from the other milky way races.
    Links!!!!!!!!! I want links!!!!!!!

(not that I don't believe you, more like I've not seen any reviews myself, and would like to see some. The only one I saw on youtube, which was IGNs, was just 4 people yapping incessantly about all sorts of bullshit EXCEPT the game.)

Links!!!!!!!!! I want links!!!!!!!

(not that I don't believe you, more like I've not seen any reviews myself, and would like to see some. The only one I saw on youtube, which was IGNs, was just 4 people yapping incessantly about all sorts of bullshit EXCEPT the game.)
    Ask and you shall recieve https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...ussion_thread/

A redditor even made a handy post about everything new.

- - - Updated - - -

The talk of mutinies makes my Cerberus boner rise

Ohh this is nice: On a New Game+ you can now gender-swap your Ryder.

One of the biggest detractors I had towards playing Bro!Shep (Apart from the fact that Jennifer Hale >>>>>>>>>> everyone else in the planet) was that it meant I had to do everything again, all my progress was reset. I preferred to do my second playthrough via a New Game+ because that way my level, weapons, armor, unlocks, and progress continued and I could experience this story with a super OP character this time around.

The downside of this is that you were locked to your gender.

This time around, you can do the main story as Sis!Ryder, then do New Game+ and choose Bro!Ryder, and have all the level, gear, unlocks and stuff you had when you finished the game the first time.

That's very VERY nice, and will actually encourage me to play different-gendered Ryders on top of different morality ryders (AKA: Mandatory hero playthrough, and mandatory asshole playthrough)

- - - Updated - - -

The talk of mutinies makes my Cerberus boner rise
    I really hope that's not the case. Cerberus has had an almost omnipresent dominance over the story in all the games (Well, not the first, where they were only in a side-quest, but still). Just once I'd like to see a story free of them entirely. Just like I'm still waiting for a batman videogame that isn't all about the Joker. I get it, he's DCs greatest villains, no arguments here, but come on, use someone else from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Having a limited skill set has been a staple of Mass Effect since Day 1. That you can now swap between 4 such skill sets on the fly, putting your skills on CD, is a huge improvement. While it'll certainly work well with consoles, it's a game design choice that makes sense on its own; limiting options is how you force smart and meaningful decision-making.
    Staple? What are you on about? I could get a bunch of skills and bind them to 1-0, that isn't limited. It was just like Dragon Age.

This is inquisition all over again, PC gameplay suffering because of console limitations, when they could easily do it like it was in ME or Dragon Age 1,2 and let you bind spells to all your buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Staple? What are you on about? I could get a bunch of skills and bind them to 1-0, that isn't limited. It was just like Dragon Age.

This is inquisition all over again, PC gameplay suffering because of console limitations, when they could easily do it like it was in ME or Dragon Age 1,2 and let you bind spells to all your buttons.
    You haven't made a case that this has anything to do with "console limitations". ME 2 and 3, gameplay-wise, were pretty clear improvements over ME1, to boot.

It's particularly silly since you GET access to 12 total skills in ME:A. That's sort of the point of the profile system.