Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    my guess?

that in wpvp it's completely broken, that includes duels with all cds up

in bg it's probably the best melee (aoe matters alot more in bgs)

and in arena while unimpressive if the other team uses defensives/cc optimally, it's very punishing against missplays

also most ranged classes hate it because not only its hard to kite but has a stupid amount of RANGED damage

isn't that pvp for the average player? a couple of BGs, a couple of wpvp encounters and the occasional low-mid rank arena? in all those aspects DH are overperforming + forums attract whiners naturally so the result is what you see
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2017-02-24 at 01:27 PM.

They r just the current fotm hate class. If not dh it will be something else. Ret one shorting ppl with wings. "Unkillable" blood dks. Lava bursting shamans. Etc. it's nothing new really. Every expansion and/or patch has one.

It's because their skill floor is very high - They're always going to be some-what of a threat even in a terrible players hand, that's why. Does that mean they're not harder to master or even weak at high levels of play? No. But most people don't play at high levels of play.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezrex View Post
    Literally all of the talents you just talked about are never used because they are worse than their alternatives 90% of the time.
    No, they might not be used in 3v3 but they are widely used everywhere else. So when i try to complete the weekly skirmish quest as a boomkin/spriest and all i get is demon huntards the game becomes unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    No, they might not be used in 3v3 but they are widely used everywhere else. So when i try to complete the weekly skirmish quest as a boomkin/spriest and all i get is demon huntards the game becomes unplayable.
    No, they really aren't all that used in 2's either. If they take the stun then they have 1 more stun on the same DR. if its 2 DH then all of their CC shares DR. Are you solo qing into skirmishes? If so, try and find a partner so you aren't going in unprepared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Because I sometimes log on my DH alt just for PvP and even though I don't have my skill playing a DH I am destroying everyone easily.

I farmed 100 3v3 wins for a pvp mount on my DH alt without any trouble (actually won many matches playing a 3 DH team... nuff said).
    Must have been pre-nerf because its not viable at all right now. Also, I have trouble believing posts like this without any proof, which is impossible because you could go find any DH with a decent 3's rating and say it was you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    It's because their skill floor is very high - They're always going to be some-what of a threat even in a terrible players hand, that's why. Does that mean they're not harder to master or even weak at high levels of play? No. But most people don't play at high levels of play.
    Unrelated note, I thought low skill floor meant easy to play at a basic level and high skill floor meant hard to play at a basic level. Low skill ceiling meant that it was easy to master, but limits you because high skill ceiling classes can be better at an advanced stage of play. Please help.

Deleted
    Also, exaggerations like twice the damage of other classes doesn't help to make a point. If you are referring to a situation like Socialhealer mentioned, 1v1 in WPvP or alone in a BG, then you should also take into consideration that there is always going to be a class that is going to be the best at 1v1.
    To be fair, they are the only class that can push sustained 3m+ DPS on single target as an opener, for good 20-30 seconds. Fury warriors come close, but even they struggle to breach 2.5m, and it falls off way faster.

Given, that is PvE damage, and in PvP it's considerably lower, but so are the survivability and damage of other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    The snare dot doesnt get buffed by meta, and it depends on the class. But you usually can shut down the chaos blade burst at least. Almost all classes have 1 stun, 1 cc and 1 root (or multiple of the other if they dont have any of the previous) or invulns or similar. If a DH pops every CD he has you should be forced to pop all your cds to live as well.
    What does meta have to do with people losing half their health by a snare/dot while they try to CC the DH? Correct... nothing. And no I totally disagree, if a DH pops every CD he has because he can't faceroll 1v3 or more without selfheal, the 3 enemy players shouldn't be forced to use all their CD's. Sorry but only DHs that are in a hurry, hate you for whatever reason or fighting against multiple enemies at once need meta, it's just beyond stupid in world pvp.

Don't get me wrong, there are other things that are just as stupid, like tank specs in world pvp, dk vs caster, rot damage classes getting bursted down before their damage starts to kick in, several artifacts being totally insane in world pvp and so on...

First, the only DH that are even close to 3m are 900+ ilvl which is finished hugely by PvP stat templates. They also have the 2 bis legendaries which allow that. Legendaries are disabled in instanced PvP so this entire statement is irrelevant. As far as survivability goes, I have more health in instanced PvP than I do normally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lardaoc View Post
    What does meta have to do with people losing half their health by a snare/dot while they try to CC the DH? Correct... nothing. And no I totally disagree, if a DH pops every CD he has because he can't faceroll 1v3 or more without selfheal, the 3 enemy players shouldn't be forced to use all their CD's. Sorry but only DHs that are in a hurry, hate you for whatever reason or fighting against multiple enemies at once need meta, it's just beyond stupid in world pvp.

Don't get me wrong, there are other things that are just as stupid, like tank specs in world pvp, dk vs caster, rot damage classes getting bursted down before their damage starts to kick in, several artifacts being totally insane in world pvp and so on...
    When did anyone say if a DH uses all his CDs 3 other players should have to as well. He was specifically talking about a DH targeting one player.

What makes me particularly mad is that they have an instant cast cyclone-like spell while I, as a feral, had my hard casted cyclone removed.

Other than that they have a low cooldown AoE stun, while I have a longer cooldown single target stun.

Deleted
    As someone who is mediocre in pvp, not the best, but not bad. I'm doing 2s and 3s at 2200-2500 rating and I HATE meeting dh's in 2s more than 3s. In 3s theyre pretty balanced now. But in 2s, it doesn't matter if you cc their healer, the DH can't die if theyre decent. Maybe to casters, but not to me as a melee. It happens, but feels like a fluke. They got blur every minute, jump into the sky every minute, and high self heal every time they go offensive. But yeah, I played a dh myself for most of Legion and it was annoying the flame they got ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrim View Post
    Guys in this thread who complain about pressing 2 buttons are completely out of point basically nowdays there is no class with 20+ buttons or bindings like it was in previous expansions.
    What are you on about here? I have at least 45 action-bar related keybinds that I press in PvP situations on my Shaman. Many of which is macroed together to reduce amounts of keybinds, as well as having focus-versions and mouse-over macroes already built-in to the base button so that I don't have to have extra buttons occupying my action bars (they're hidden usually anyway).

Then, of course, I have other keybinds that do not correspond to action bars but are still combat related, like camera angle swaps, movement et c.

(edit: then again, I am one of those low-rated players that struggle against DHs outside of arenas -- due to not being able to find players to play with because I am too afraid to like, ask people, I've only managed to 2093 since coming back after quitting in Mop-prepatch)
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2017-02-25 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    What makes me particularly mad is that they have an instant cast cyclone-like spell while I, as a feral, had my hard casted cyclone removed.

Other than that they have a low cooldown AoE stun, while I have a longer cooldown single target stun.
    Yes our clone is instant cast, but it has a 30 second CD. What is a short CD for a stun, ours are 1 and 2 minutes unless you don't want nemesis, which is an awful idea.

I wasnt talking about world pvp, which is the most unbalanced thing ever. In a balanced scenario (i.e with templates on) the dot doesnt really hurt you very much on its own. In a BG or a arena you can shut down a DH on your own usually.

Sorry if that wasnt clear.

I wasnt talking about world pvp, which is the most unbalanced thing ever. In a balanced scenario (i.e with templates on) the dot doesnt really hurt you very much on its own. In a BG or a arena you can shut down a DH on your own usually.

Sorry if that wasnt clear.
    Then you failed the topic of the whole thread, the question was "Why there is so much DH rage?" and that doesn't come from balanced scenarios.

When did anyone say if a DH uses all his CDs 3 other players should have to as well. He was specifically talking about a DH targeting one player.
    And I was specifically telling him that no DH needs to pop cd's in a 1v1 situation in world pvp, which this thread is about pretty much, instead I gave him a situation where a DH would probably pop their cd's. There aren't many complaints about DH being OP in arena anymore since the nerf and the question is "Why is there so much DH rage" the only source for that right now is world pvp.
    Last edited by lardaoc; 2017-02-25 at 05:30 AM.

Then you failed the topic of the whole thread, the question was "Why there is so much DH rage?" and that doesn't come from balanced scenarios.
    I disagree, world pvp is pretty irrelevant to most and almost all people do understand that its not balanced at all. People do complain about DHs in BGs and in 2v2 arenas (especially skirms) too. And afaik thats where most of the rage comes from, not world pvp.

world pvp is irrelevant.
    1v1 is irrelevant.

Arena matters and DH are bad in arena. Buff DHs,give them some freaking utility.

I wouldnt say 1v1s are irrelevant, nor are bgs or 2v2s actually. World pvp is irrelevant only because it happens almost never (at least on the servers i play on) and the balance is screwed up because of consumeables/professions (anyone remember the free action potion?) and due to gear differences being extreme. But while 3v3s are what matters for high end pvp 2s and bgs are the most played brackets, and as such should be treated with care.

Deleted
    They shit on everybody 1on1. They have too many CDs and their current survivalbility is too high IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    They shit on everybody 1on1. They have too many CDs and their current survivalbility is too high IMO.
    No they dont, many classes can beat them in a 1v1.

Deleted
    No they dont, many classes can beat them in a 1v1.
    Okay.

10chars