Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess that means CNN was on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It was actually unusual and unexpected, given the magnitude of Watergate. It was not a foregone conclusion he would be pardoned. As I recall, it was even specifically recommended against.

And I don't presume you know anything. Calm down. Don't get so emotional.
    I'm not emotional. I'm about to laugh out of this seat, right on to the floor. Stick to the tech. Insight is not your bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I'm not emotional. I'm about to laugh out of this seat, right on to the floor. Stick to the tech. Insight is not your bag.
    Suuuuure buddy. I think I'm doing rather well.

Suuuuure buddy. I think I'm doing rather well.
    That makes one of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    Yeah to be fair from what I've seen in recent memory Zenkai's been playing it pretty centrist. @Skroe
    Heh. He like to claim as much. But no, he has an obvious lean.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I thought it was common knowledge by now that the American Kaiser was bailed out by Russian oligarchs from one of his bankruptcies.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Posting here is just my anti-Trump hobby, like it is for many of us, as you well know. My anti-Trump activities outside of here are the ones that are me actually "doing something". You're just practice, Ransath.

Enjoy your vacation, Trumpkin.
    You sit on your ass bitching about things on a video game message board. Nearly 12k posts worth. Just accept the fact that Trump IS your president. Nothing you do with change that unless you try to assassinate him. Well we know that libs are all talk anyway and destroy shit in their own lib cities then act tough about it after.

You can say not my president until you die from the lack of breath. Still doesnt change the fact that he IS the President. So if you live in the US he IS your president until he is out of office. And good luck trying to get him out of it early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    You sit on your ass bitching about things on a video game message board. Nearly 12k posts worth. Just accept the fact that Trump IS your president. Nothing you do with change that unless you try to assassinate him. Well we know that libs are all talk anyway and destroy shit in their own lib cities then act tough about it after.

You can say not my president until you die from the lack of breath. Still doesnt change the fact that he IS the President. So if you live in the US he IS your president until he is out of office. And good luck trying to get him out of it early.
    @Skroe actually runs an anti-Trump initiative in real life as well. FYI.

We also both know that you know what "not my president" means, and that it's just a slogan. Playing dumb and arguing semantics doesn't make you look smart or like you have a coherent argument, it just makes you look pedantic and petty.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

You sit on your ass bitching about things on a video game message board. Nearly 12k posts worth. Just accept the fact that Trump IS your president. Nothing you do with change that
    People, remember this quote if/when Donald Dump gets impeached/arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    People, remember this quote if/when Donald Dump gets impeached/arrested.
    So which is it? If or when?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

We also both know that you know what "not my president" means, and that it's just a slogan. Playing dumb and arguing semantics doesn't make you look smart or like you have a coherent argument, it just makes you look pedantic and petty.

Petty? Im not the one breaking windows, setting fires, and crying because the person that I voted for didnt win. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

I work at one part time. I don't run it.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's deconstruct xuros' post a little.
    You sit on your ass bitching about things on a video game message board.
    Actually the vast majority of my posts are relating to Russia/Ukraine/Syria/Space Science since 2011. The international conversation has been fascinating. I rarely talked Trump until August. I only moderately participated in the primaries. Most of my interest here is in foreign policy, not politics.

And more to the point (with respect to what you quoted from me), I work part-time at a 501(c)(4) anti-Trump Group. I started a couple of months ago. My resistance is actions, not just words on the internet. These conversations? They've been tremendously helpful in helping me figure out some approaches in that part time job, and just because it's been interesting. But make no mistake: this is the hobby, that is the work.

Nearly 12k posts worth.
    Since 2009. And many posters have two to three times that. I often only comment a few days a week, or I don't comment for weeks or months at a time. I post often when I'm not busy and rarely or not at all when I do. Hardly "sitting on my ass bitching" lol.

Just accept the fact that Trump IS your president.
    Trump is THE President but not MY President. The difference is meaningful. I recognize he won the election (though I question his legitimacy) through the means in which we elect a President. But regardless of that, I have a problem with the word "My" in two regards. You can either choose to be stupid about this or not. Your choice.

-> "My" connotates ownership, which connotates endorsement. I agree with a handful of Trump policies, just as I agreed with a handful of Obama's. I will applaud them when I think they are right - such as his appointing McMaster as National Security Advisor. But I will not defend, nor take responsbility for his failures, such as the Muslim ban. So why should I use the word "my" if I won't endorse his platform? It makes no sense.

-> I'm deeply uncomfortable as a matter of principle with "my president". We're a nation of laws, not people. We're not some ridiculous Eastern European country that has a "Great Leader" strong man. It's the same type of bizarre, un-American weirdness of civilians referring to the President as their "Commander in Chief". No. He is _the_ Commander in chief of the Armed Forces and _the_ Head of State and Head of Government. But one cannot "command" civilians. This language matters because it speaks to the type of country we are and the place of the President in it. Over the last century, the Congress has delagated more and more authority to the President, and if we reach the point where we start almost swearing some kind of fealty to the President, we'll have shredded the last vestiages of republican (small r) values.

My refusal to use the word 'my', frankly, reflects a better respect for our American principles than people who use the word 'my'. Even as a matter of politics, the President is a functionary. If they fail at their jobs, crucify them. If they succeed, praise them. But by using 'my', you imply a kind of investment that would excuse their failure.

For the record, I never regarded Obama or Bush as 'my President' either. I think the idea is offensive. We Americans should be better than that. Let other countries that need strong men to inspire national confidence stoop to that level. America's strength is in it's people, not in it's leaders.

Nothing you do with change that unless you try to assassinate him.
    Or remove him from office via impeachement. Or arrange for his resignation. Nixon ring a bell?

Well we know that libs are all talk anyway and destroy shit in their own lib cities then act tough about it after.
    I'm conservative, not liberal. And my 'lib city' of Boston, Massachusetts runs like a well oiled machine. By the way, my liberal state, has a Republican governor. Why? Because Reformist, technocratic Republicans win among the educated.

You can say not my president until you die from the lack of breath. Still doesnt change the fact that he IS the President. So if you live in the US he IS your president until he is out of office.
    He is certainly THE President. Just not my President.

And good luck trying to get him out of it early.
    Luck? No. A coordinated political strategy is what, nationally, anti-Trump forces are deploying.

And we're winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Petty? Im not the one breaking windows, setting fires, and crying because the person that I voted for didnt win. Nice try though.
    Straaaaaaaaaaaaawman. Can you even argue a single point without resorting to logical fallacies? Add obtuse to the list of things you're displayi

Crazy republicans did that shit too when Obama won, and it was just as bad when they did it. Every side has extremists in it, that doesn't mean that you get to discount the rational people.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-02-24 at 10:04 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm conservative, not liberal. And my 'lib city' of Boston, Massachusetts runs like a well oiled machine. By the way, my liberal state, has a Republican governor. Why? Because Reformist, technocratic Republicans win among the educated.
    Could Massachusetts then do the rest of the world a favor and get rid of Elizabeth Warren in 2018? Because she's contributing to the dysfunction of the country. Doesn't matter what Democrat or Republican that replaces her as long as they are not another partisan fool.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Or remove him from office via impeachement. Or arrange for his resignation. Nixon ring a bell?
    Nixon rings so many bells its silly. Throw in some McCarthy bullying tactics and you have all the elements of Watergate, but with the sinister effort to debunk any would-be Murrow, Woodward, or Bernstein.

There's no point in anyone asking Trump if he has any decency. Everyone knows the answer.

We need a new Declaration of Conscience by Republicans opposed to these tactics, and we need it a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Our intelligence agencies aren't taking him out because Trump opposes them. They're brining to light connections between Trump and Russia (that would have otherwise never be made public) - so deep and twisted, that his entire presidency may be illegitimate. The likelihood that Russia has material on Trump to which he can be blackmailed and influenced is no concern to you? Not to mention his unconstitutional orders, demonization of the press, unstable behavior, psychotic ego, and pathological lying. "Is that the country you want to live in?"

So yes, I can't wait to see his demise. His presidential demise. His personal demise. His political demise. His financial demise. You do realize the word 'demise' doesn't only mean physical harm, right?
    You have made me seen the light. They aren't bring these "connections" to light because they oppose Trump, a hah! they must be doing it because they really, really, like him. How did I miss that?

Yes, I do realize exactly what the word "demise" means and that it can take many forms. I don't really agree with Trump on more than half of what he does. At the end of the day, he is just a man that thought he had a good vision for the country. People elected him.

I don't want to see his personal or political demise just because i don't agree with him. That is really extremists...... I am secure enough in my self that I don't need to see people I disagree with hurt in anyway.