Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    AKA, how I play the game.

Was there really a point to this? Was it requested somewhere?
    Was your reply requested somewhere?

And yeah, its easy to get gold just by playing game. I never break 1 mln gold on my character but Im spending alot on raiding. Dont have any gold problems tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    4. Run all the Mythic +0 for your weekly reset. Disenchant everything for Chaos Crystals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Your point #4 is a bit of a waste of time for the returns.
    Easy, fast WQs for epic items plus d/e whatever drops in lfr and the casual m+ is enough, and then craft high demand neck/ring enchants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Not really, you are doing content that is outdated and gives zero improvement to your character. You are literally farming gold.
    Nothing wrong with that, but it's not just "playing the game normally".

But thanks for the tips
    He's doing a lot more then just "literally farming gold". this is a common misconception... most people don't realize how much you get from mythic +0s
    AP, Bloods, Titanforge chance, Legendary chance, bags full of epics for disenchanting, WQs.

I do a run of all the mythic 0s each week with a geared group 890-910ilvl with 4 dps/1 tank. Each dungeon takes between 7 min (MoS) to 15-20 min (HoV). you can finish all of them within 2 hours.

End up with 20-30 epics to DE, 60-100 bloods, ~1.5 mil AP. mythic 0's are super lucrative and should be run every week if you are interested in AP, Bloods, Gold, or Legendary/TF chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I don't think that's particularly crazy, my guild got like 5 the other night clearing only 9 bosses, and that was a fairly average week.
    then i dont know what game I am playing... !?!

1. Stack professions and do them all concurrently
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-02-24 at 08:55 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only a million?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Till I see a full length "Lets Play" style video on the strategy, I call bullshit.
    So.... a 4-month long video?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    So.... a 4-month long video?
    Am I asking for too much?

I've really gotta step my gold making up, I did good, not great, in MoP and WoD, but I've been insanely gold making lazy in legion, only 1 alt, no gatherers and my main is the worst BS/Mining. I've spent a TON of gold this expansion, gotta stop being so damn lazy.

I normally do something similar to what you are doing, but I run Enchanting/Herbing on 2 or 3 toons, and one Tailor/Alchemist, and just make what I need for raids, sell excess mats in bulk. Then have my bag making going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrewm View Post
    He's doing a lot more then just "literally farming gold". this is a common misconception... most people don't realize how much you get from mythic +0s
    AP, Bloods, Titanforge chance, Legendary chance, bags full of epics for disenchanting, WQs.

I do a run of all the mythic 0s each week with a geared group 890-910ilvl with 4 dps/1 tank. Each dungeon takes between 7 min (MoS) to 15-20 min (HoV). you can finish all of them within 2 hours.

End up with 20-30 epics to DE, 60-100 bloods, ~1.5 mil AP. mythic 0's are super lucrative and should be run every week if you are interested in AP, Bloods, Gold, or Legendary/TF chances.
    I've got to start doing this, I've got a group of people that does M+ and Nightbane runs, we could easily toss in crushing M0s as a 4dps 1 tank group.

made nearly 30million gold spending 4 hours a day on the AH with addons for 2 months /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post

Was there really a point to this? Was it requested somewhere?
    So wait...now in order for people to make posts on here, the topic must be requested by people first? Huh??

Been very tempted to drop alchemy for enchanting to take advantage of all the bloody loot I get that I otherwise vendor. Rank 3 flasks are a myth.

Deleted
    Yep, I pretty much did the same and made 1 million. I would say though, it is too late to start now in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Till I see a full length "Lets Play" style video on the strategy, I call bullshit.
    The 'strategy' is actually running a bunch of dungeons.

1. Play Game
    2. Sell stuff obtained while playing
    3. Profit

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    1. Stack professions and do them all concurrently
    I have one character. I'm pretty much ahead of my entire guild in relations to things like AP (Im maxed) because I don't split my time for ALTs. Actually per WoW progress I'm ahead of the curve quite a bit for my class at least in comparison to my entire server.

I have one profession. Enchanting Level 1 (well I think its 50 now cause of disenchanting).

I don't personally find farming herbs or mining nodes fun or the patience for maxing out other professions, like smithing or alchemy.. For those that do, more power to them, just my personal preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    1. Play Game
    2. Sell stuff obtained while playing
    3. Profit

Nice!
    It sucks that we are tied to two professions (but I understand why they do it) - hundreds of thousands of gold is just vendored in purple items every day for next to nothing. I think the average purple quest item vendors for 30g. Disenchanting it magically turns it into 400g. (at least on my server)

10.) Always sell BoE epics. I don't care if its an upgrade, generally the upgrade percentage is not worth the loss of potential tens of thousands of gold. (gold is pretty readily available now a days so people will pay astronomical prices for this stuff)
    I swear, when my guild does Nighthold every week, it's always the same people who score the BOEs. I simply do not have any luck in this department. As an alchemist, all the Blood of Sargeras I score end up into Potions of Prolonged power. A stack of 10 (1 blood) regularly sells between 450 - 650 gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    made nearly 30million gold spending 4 hours a day on the AH with addons for 2 months /shrug
    I get some people enjoy this 'playing the game' this way. I just couldn't do this and sit in the AH for hours on end. I'd be scratching my eyes out from boredom. There was once a girl in a guild I was in who did this. Controlled the market on just about everything. Ended up quitting raiding to just play the AH every night. Again, not something I could do.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I swear, when my guild does Nighthold every week, it's always the same people who score the BOEs.
    Is your guild so flush with cash they let people keep the gold from the sales for themselves?

Our guild keeps that gold in-house for raiding supplies and whatever. Only time we split gold to the raid is when we do a carry.

I still can't believe people were paying us 200k gold for a heroic Xavious kill. lol

I have one character. I'm pretty much ahead of my entire guild in relations to things like AP (Im maxed) because I don't split my time for ALTs. Actually per WoW progress I'm ahead of the curve quite a bit for my class at least in comparison to my entire server.

I have one profession. Enchanting Level 1 (well I think its 50 now cause of disenchanting).

I don't personally find farming herbs or mining nodes fun or the patience for maxing out other professions, like smithing or alchemy.. For those that do, more power to them, just my personal preference.

- - - Updated - - -

It sucks that we are tied to two professions (but I understand why they do it) - hundreds of thousands of gold is just vendored in purple items every day for next to nothing. I think the average purple quest item vendors for 30g. Disenchanting it magically turns it into 400g. (at least on my server)
    Yeah, that's why the garrison enchanting hut in WoD was awesome!

I swear, when my guild does Nighthold every week, it's always the same people who score the BOEs. I simply do not have any luck in this department. As an alchemist, all the Blood of Sargeras I score end up into Potions of Prolonged power. A stack of 10 (1 blood) regularly sells between 450 - 650 gold.

- - - Updated - - -

I get some people enjoy this 'playing the game' this way. I just couldn't do this and sit in the AH for hours on end. I'd be scratching my eyes out from boredom. There was once a girl in a guild I was in who did this. Controlled the market on just about everything. Ended up quitting raiding to just play the AH every night. Again, not something I could do.
    I love it, nothing more satisfying than literally going to a mailbox and pulling 300k+ out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Makes my blood boil when I see random plebs popping their augment runes while doing world quests. These masses keep the augment runes price stupidly high by lowering the supply while running around ungemmed and unenchanted but those are luxuries while eating your own augment runes isn't, they came for free, right, right?
    Those are the same people who come with the stupid questions "how do you get so much gold?! I only got 2k, and I play 10 hours each day!".. Making gold is easy, just don't spend it.

Today I sold 60k of materials that I've gained by doing one random HC each day + LFR, normal and HC NH + HC EN for a week or so, and a couple of m+ every now and then when I am bothered.
    Had a total of 5 of the Engineering thingy you get from the shoulder enchant - 5x6k gold, by not doing anything special.
    36 Bloods - bunch of fish (thats what is expensive on my realm)
    Bunch of enchanting materials, I DE pretty much everything I get from WQs and dungeons.
    And Augment Runes from LFR.

Could most likely have earned more if I bothered in creating enchants out of the materials etc, but meh. Making gold is stupid easy, everyone can earn more than enough for game tokens every month if they just bother to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I did that back in WotLK, took control over the gem section. Was a ton of fun seeing all the gold just pouring into my mail box everyday, and all it took was like 30 minutes of game play each day (checking AH every now and then to buy up people who undercut my gems), it takes so little effort when you first get control. Expensive to start with though, actually bought gold from some dude to get started. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore