Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion hurts my brain... but made me smarter

I don't know about making me smarter necessarily. But I just wanted to take the time to thank you, some of you, most of you...

Ya the topics can be lame, ya they can get heated, and yes people can be downright stupid. But one thing this community has, is that we talk.

Especially if you are American in 2017 you will see that both ends of the political spectrum simply try to shut down the opposition. There isn't a discussion, there isn't even an out of control argument. There is no dialogue. So again, as nasty as we can be to each other here sometimes (I am culprit of this) in the end at least we are discussing. I will admit that even on a rare occasion (I won't admit it in the thread) I have had my ideals challenged and changed.

I will also say that in my time here and through my discussions I have increased my vocabulary both in an effort to not look stupid, but also to appear smarter than I may actually be. Either way I have learned some new words and phrases along the way.

To the liberal brotherhood of moderators. For a while I felt like there was a considerable effort made to single out and silence conservative ideas at any opportunity. I feel like over the last month or two there has been a noticeable change in that type of impulsive reaction to things.

I guess what I am trying to say is I hate you guys, and I love you guys, and I love to hate you guys.

Deleted
    Even tho a lot of MMOC seems very left leaning, there still some right wingers here. Nice to get both perspectives instead of only the left from MSM.

I just can't comprehend how people have 10,000 20,000 30,000 and sometimes 40,000 & 50,000 posts. Everyone needs a hobby though.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I just can't comprehend how people have 10,000 20,000 30,000 and sometimes 40,000 & 50,000 posts. Everyone needs a hobby though.
    Some people love their 1liners.

Honestly though, some discussions are worthwhile, others are full of tryhards. In here it's wise to choose your battles lol

Seriously trying to talk to people about politics and change their mind is a clear sign of insanity. I avoid political threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am confused as to how I should feel. Should I be happy or sad at this post?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    @Skroe has made me smarter @Tennisace has made me dumber.

You're welcome

Adds up over several years, also it's not that time consuming to drop into a thread and give your $.02.

What *does* become time-consuming are the circular convos that some people like to engage in. Lately people seem more inclined to agree to disagree, which is good because spending 20-30 pages having a back and forth where it becomes apparent that neither person is going to shift position or come to some sort of newfound understanding on the topic is simply a waste of time.

Claiming this place made you smarter is the most brutal of all self-owns.

Deleted
    Your avatar hurts my brain. What is this stupid quick animation? Other than that be welcome.

I'd agree with the OP. I am a long time lurker, but I frequent the OT forums often. It used to make my brain hurt reading some of the ultra left wing view points... I learned over time a lot of the reasons I took issue with what was being said was because I didn't understand that a majority these statements were made by non USA posters. After reading up on politics outside of the USA I was able to understand why so many people here don't agree with USA politics. It also helped me re-frame some of my view points as well. I am a dreaded "independent voter". I truly appreciate the merit of factual discussions, not partisan bashing/ideologues.

I also remembered my login from so long ago to agree with the OP that moderation on this forum in the past few months has improved substantially.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    @Skroe has made me smarter @Tennisace has made me dumber.
    Ditto, @Skroe knows his stuff. Don't know much about the other guy.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Even tho a lot of MMOC seems very left leaning, there still some right wingers here. Nice to get both perspectives instead of only the left from MSM.
    You mean the people in charge have a left leaning right? Because based on posts I would say its 70% right and 10% ultra rightist.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You're welcome

Adds up over several years, also it's not that time consuming to drop into a thread and give your $.02.

What *does* become time-consuming are the circular convos that some people like to engage in. Lately people seem more inclined to agree to disagree, which is good because spending 20-30 pages having a back and forth where it becomes apparent that neither person is going to shift position or come to some sort of newfound understanding on the topic is simply a waste of time.
    It may only take mere seconds to post. But, it takes a minutes to read all those other posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Ditto, @Skroe knows his stuff. Don't know much about the other guy.
    Its prob a good thing you don't know Tennisace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    You mean the people in charge have a left leaning right? Because based on posts I would say its 70% right and 10% ultra rightist.
    Maybe people just seem left leaning because of their incredible hate for Trump.

Even tho a lot of MMOC seems very left leaning, .
    Fun fact: Almost all US politics occurs in the right wing arena, from the centre right Clinton/Obama through to the far right GoP. In addition, Trump is technically fascist, being highly authoritarian/right in government.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe people just seem left leaning because of their incredible hate for Trump.
    Which is ironic in way given Trump is in the process of destroying the GoP, the constitution, small government and trade - all very right ideals.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    Which left and right are you using? The American one or the European? Because as a Euro, I would see myself center right, but to most Americans I'd be more left o.o

I ask questions about things I don't know. I share things that I think I know. I get accused both ways of "doing something on purpose". I am nearly at my end of trying to communicate to anyone anymore. They can all fuck off if all they want to do is assume they know what is in my brain. Lock me up, I don't care anymore.

This crossdressing dinosaur has a point. MMOC is where the cultivated go to flourish.
    Post count is a parameter that can be adjusted. If anyone on this forum has actually posted over 50,000 times in seven year, then I will be the first in line to eat my socks live on Twitch.