Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Isn't it funny that a so called organization named "Antifa" seems to use bully tactics to shut down speech they don't agree with? I'm super confused.
    A lot of them are also anarchists, which for multiple reasons makes their crusade utterly comical. I suppose their communes will have vigilante mobs.

Deleted
    Well I listened to Marduk during their World Funeral times. Still think it's awesome. "God spawned me to kill you all, I am World Funeral!" They lost their vocalist after that and just have grown into other normal old men with families who still love to suck out the money from their former success. Like Dark Throne... Emperor.... Satyricon....

Well Burzum at least became a archdruid or something.
    Last edited by mmocd82a39b843; 2017-02-24 at 09:24 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Antifa are (as the name should have suggested) specifically targeting what they perceive to be fascist groups, were you so desperate to virtue signal using the term "virtue signalling" you forgot to read the OP?
    Are they so desperate to label everything they don't like as fascist that they use it for things (everything) that aren't Fascist?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The bit about bashing skinheads was in response to the post above mine; quote function apparently went a little nutty there. On topic:

Going by the link you posted in the op, quoting your op here:
    "Tonight's (Saturday, February 18) MARDUK concert at the Oakland Metro Operahouse in Oakland, California has been canceled amid security concerns. The venue released a statement from the local police on Friday explaining that "there are groups that believe MARDUK profits off glorifying Nazi imagery and songs about Nazi SS officers and anti-Semitism." Therefore, "based on the riot that occurred in Berkeley in regards to Milo Yiannopoulos [a British journalist, author and senior editor for Breitbart News, a far-right news and opinion web site] speaking at the University [Of California], it is reasonable to believe that there would be a threat to public safety if these groups showed up to protest MARDUK"

Sooooo. Where's the threat to the band? The band feeling threatened and being threatened are two different things.
    For people claiming they are Nazis, they sure do take public safety to heart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Well I listened to Marduk during their World Funeral times. Still think it's awesome. "God spawned me to kill you all, I am World Funeral!" They lost their vocalist after that and just have grown into other normal old men with families who still love to suck out the money from their former success. Like Dark Throne... Emperor.... Satyricon....

Well Burzum at least became a archdruid or something.
    Eh some of the new albums with Mortuus (like Wormwood and Frontschwein) are better than many of those with Legion. And no Marduk is not sucking out any money from their former success. The band is still amazing.

So much misinformation in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Marduk didn't cancel the show:

The Oakland Police Department has decided in the interest of public safety that the Marduk show on Saturday, February 18 at the Oakland Metro Operahouse be cancelled. Refunds at point of purchase. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Eh some of the new albums with Mortuus (like Wormwood and Frontschwein) are better than many of those with Legion. And no Marduk is not sucking out any money from their former success. The band is still amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait what? Just listen to Frontschwein - it's a fucking "uhh you guys remember our old songs?" just with that horrible altered-to-be-as-FUCKING-LEGION-voice? You are fake-news!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what? Just listen to Frontschwein - it's a fucking "uhh you guys remember our old songs?" just with that horrible altered-to-be-as-FUCKING-LEGION-voice? You are fake-news!
    Yeh, no it isn't but you can have your opinion. I personally think Mortuus is much better than Legion. Granted, I do think Nightwing is Marduk's best album.

Deleted
    Yeh, no it isn't but you can have your opinion. I personally think Mortuus is much better than Legion. Granted, I do think Nightwing is Marduk's best album.
    Was just kiddin. Times when I really enraged are as old as Marduk with Legion :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Was just kiddin. Times when I really enraged are as old as Marduk with Legion :P
    Well music is a very personal thing. I do totally understand that people don't like the newer Marduk, but I don't think you can blame them of living off of old success.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And what does that have to do with them taking public safety to heart? They cancelled the show because of a risk to public safety by those Antifa asshats, good on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what does that have to do with them taking public safety to heart? They cancelled the show because of a risk to public safety by those Antifa asshats, good on them.
    eh the Police cancelled the gig, not Marduk? Or are you talking about the police taking public safety to heart? I am a bit confused.

Deleted
    Marduk don't claim to be Nazi's, nor did they cancel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something similar happened here last week in the netherlands. By antifa's logic, we should start arresting everybody who raps about selling drugs as they're undeniably drug dealers. Fucking nutjobs, get lost.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla