Poll: Who do you support?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Not really, I've popped them off with one hand on smaller vehicles. London life /shrug

Edit; those saying it is difficult (quite a few people); DYEL? She's obviously in pretty good shape and it's really not that hard.
    Wingmirrors are designed to come off pretty easily I thought? To reduce the distribution of force onto the vehicle itself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Neither is "Nuh uhn, car mirrors aren't easy to break off!"

Mirrors like that are made to hold up their own weight, and some slight pulling/pushing for adjustment. NOT the full body weight of an adult human.
    As I've stated numerous times, I also happen to be a certified Ford mechanic. I know about these exact mirrors from this exact model from work experience.

It's staged, I can tell because I have the experience from real life and can tell by the video something isn't obeying the expected physics surrounding the materials. Either present something to convince me to the contrary or cease this incessant need to correct strangers on something you clearly don't know anything about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Wingmirrors are designed to come off pretty easily I thought? To reduce the distribution of force onto the vehicle itself...
    Sideways, yes. Not up/down like she's doing. The holes used are oval sideways. She's clearly doing up/down motion in the video.

Deleted
    I'm on the only reasonable side. One scumbagish behavior does not justify another.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    "and reminds us that this treatment occurs all the time without being reported."
    Reported? why would it be. What the heck is there to report?

It's disgusting behavior, but what are you going to say "Mr. Police officer, some men talked to me and said things I don't like".

And how is a single incident being recorded an indication that it happens "all the time". I'm not saying it doesn't happen frequently, but the video I just watched was a single incident, not a 2016 compilation of 100s of incidences.

Also, you're missing a poll option; "neither".
    Maybe it's talking about women attacking people over words, and not about catcalling

But I get what you mean; I bet I can find more videos of people landing (seemingly) impossible trickshots than I can find videos of catcalls. Still we all know it isn't a normal occurence.

All of You who support the driver - I am guessing You are one of these who support the scenario where a victim of the harrassment should humbly accept the harrassment and later report it instead of fight it and teach those bastards a lesson? C'mon. For their behaviour they deserved more punishment than that. I middle ages their behaviour would be met with a proper response and punishment.

Such catcalling and overall mentality of such people should be treated at the same level as rapists or murderers, immediate arrest etc. It's disgusting behaviour and I hope one day we will have an automatic system to detect such sitautions and drones or andorids will immediately react and arrest these men + people would have chips which will detect if they feel under catcalling so the system will know. I can't wait for this to happen.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2017-02-24 at 10:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    One scumbagish behavior does not justify another.
    Which part is "scumbagish"? Asking an attractive woman if she wants your number and/or honking at her to get her attention or insulting her because she assaults you and/or your vehicle for the aforementioned actions? Clearly, she did nothing wrong being a permanent victim due to her having a vagina. If your reaction to words is to get physical, any subsequent words and/or physicality is your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    All of You who support the driver - I am guessing You are one of these who support the scenario where a victim of the harrassment should humbly accept the harrassment and later report it instead of fight it and teach those bastards a lesson? C'mon.
    Asking someone for their number or if they want your number is not harassment. Insulting someone who gets physical with you or your property because you asked for their number is not harassment. You know what is harassment? Chasing down a vehicle and causing physical damage because you're "offended".

Such catcalling and overall mentality of such people should be treated at the same level as rapists or murderers, immediate arrest etc.
    That's a lot of stupid in a single sentence.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-02-24 at 10:04 PM.

I dont really view staged videos of harassment...to be cat calling...but hey folks blow things out of proportion all the time i suppose.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I didnt say she should dress like a Mennonite. But its not appropriate to be riding a bike in public wearing a sports bra and shorts that are so tight that they show every crack. There is a lot of middle ground
    Should we flog her, or tar and feather her as punishment for being a dirty skank?

All of You who support the driver - I am guessing You are one of these who support the scenario where a victim of the harrassment should humbly accept the harrassment and later report it instead of fight it and teach those bastards a lesson? C'mon. For their behaviour they deserved more punishment than that. I middle ages their behaviour would be met with a proper response and punishment.

Such catcalling and overall mentality of such people should be treated at the same level as rapists or murderers, immediate arrest etc. It's disgusting behaviour.
    I'll support it the day the law gives me the right to retaliate hurtful words with physical attacks. Until then I'll stay clear of jail and follow the social contract we all signed by remaining in our respective countries.

I also think people who talk like you online should be treated at the same level as rapists or murderers. Immediate arrest. It's disgusting behavior.

No really, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    As I've stated numerous times, I also happen to be a certified Ford mechanic. I know about these exact mirrors from this exact model from work experience.

It's staged, I can tell because I have the experience from real life and can tell by the video something isn't obeying the expected physics surrounding the materials. Either present something to convince me to the contrary or cease this incessant need to correct strangers on something you clearly don't know anything about.

- - - Updated - - -

Sideways, yes. Not up/down like she's doing. The holes used are oval sideways. She's clearly doing up/down motion in the video.
    I honestly don't give a shit. Mainly because IT IS how that would work. Again, those mirrors aren;t designed to handle the full force of a fully grown human.

Also, you don't know me, so maybe don't try to correct me, correcting you.

Just the van driver is in the wrong, he shouldn't be distracting other road users by talking to them and certainly not by aggravating them. He should have his license removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Which part is "scumbagish"? Asking an attractive woman if she wants your number and/or honking at her to get her attention or insulting her because she assaults you and/or your vehicle for the aforementioned actions? Clearly, she did nothing wrong being a permanent victim due to her having a vagina. If your reaction to words is to get physical, any subsequent words and/or physicality is your fault.
    Then how can we prevent such situations? How can we protect woman from such pigs? How can we stop them? Your approach means "I am afraid to act against the current (bad) law, I guess woman has to accept verbal and sexual harrassment, after that we can arrest the guy" ... idiotic approach.

You do understand that the current version of the law You obey is not allowing You to prevent prohibited action before it happens? This must be changed and one day it will by the prevention systems, You have no idea whats in the works

Harassment, murder, rape, everything starts in the head and can be detected, somehow.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2017-02-24 at 10:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then how can we prevent such situations?
    How can we prevent men from asking women if they want their phone number?

How can we protect woman from such pigs? How can we stop them?
    Asking someone for their number or asking if they want your number does not make someone a "pig". Also, the implication that women need to be "protected" is sexist.

Your approach means "I am afraid to act against the current (bad) law, I guess woman has to accept verbal and sexual harrassment, after that we can arrest the guy" ... idiotic approach.
    It starts with learning how words work. You should start with "harassment".

How can we prevent men from asking women if they want their phone number?

Asking someone for their number or asking if they want your number does not make someone a "pig". Also, the implication that women need to be "protected" is sexist.

It starts with learning how words work. You should start with "harassment".
    He was grabbing her dude. Asking for a number is one thing, but grabbing a bicyclist out your van window is pretty creepy and wrong.

wot u say m8 il smash ye in ur gabber
    mr pickles

7+ Year Old Account
    He was grabbing her dude. Asking for a number is one thing, but grabbing a bicyclist out your van window is pretty creepy and wrong.
    He reached his hand out to her, there was no "grabbing". And this was after she swung at him twice, the first being a response to his simply asking if she wanted his number. Sure, his behavior had an air of creepiness to it, but her response warranted his subsequent tirade of insults.

No, it's not sexist, because we all need to be protected. Get a grip and do a reality check instead of blindly repeating words and blocking yourself from understanding the situation and how stuff works.

He reached his hand out to her, there was no "grabbing". And this was after she swung at him twice, the first being a response to his simply asking if she wanted his number. Sure, his behavior had an air of creepiness to it, but her response warranted his subsequent tirade of insults.
    If he was normal then her response wouldn't warrant any subsequent tirade of insults.
    Also, that guy touched her, he wanted to stroke her and he even turned his vehicle closer in order to do that just to feel her fit body and she had to move more to the side, so there is that. It's an sexual harassment considering his intentions and his thoughts. Otherwise he wouldn't do that, right?
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2017-02-24 at 10:32 PM.

Looks to me like when the filmer pulls up he is reaching out to her... not only that, he is turning his vehicle into her, forcing her to the side.... so yeah, that adds to the equation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Get a grip and do a reality check instead of blindly repeating words and blocking yourself from understanding the situation and how stuff works.
    You should probably take your own advice.

Looks to me like when the filmer pulls up he is reaching out to her... not only that, he is turning his vehicle into her, forcing her to the side.... so yeah, that adds to the equation.
    I watched it a couple of times, making sure to let it preload to HD quality. His arm was resting on the window sill until she swung at his vehicle. He only reached out just before the part where he took off. He did turn his vehicle more towards her, but he was also partially in the other lane up until that point. Given that this was staged, most of the points here are moot. I just get tired of people exaggerating and making a big deal over words.

Staged. Sick of staged videos made by people desperate for their 15 minutes.

If it wasn't staged, I'd say I take neither side. All morons.