Thread: Efi Oladele

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So either we're completely wrong and she's going to supercharge an OR15 and it's a humanoid robot tank, or she's going to scrap the entire concept and design something new from the ground up (Spidertank).

The tank was the early version of dva.

7+ Year Old Account
    $100 on her being the brains behind whoever ends up becoming the new Doomfist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You are in the demon hunter forum, otherwise known as the 7.0 hype train. Why did you board the hype train if you don't wish to participate in hype train activities?

10+ Year Old Account
    We got so caught into spidertank, maybe it's the big red guy in this early concept art?

The guy on the right, just above Lucio. Clearly not an early Reinhardt, since Rein's on the left there.

The same guy's in this other early cast image;

Right in the middle, there. No Reinhardt around in this one, but it's clear from the first pic that it's a separate character.

We got so caught into spidertank, maybe it's the big red guy in this early concept art?

The guy on the right, just above Lucio. Clearly not an early Reinhardt, since Rein's on the left there.

Right in the middle, there. No Reinhardt around in this one, but it's clear from the first pic that it's a separate character.
    that guy already exists, his pic was in winston's short

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    that guy already exists, his pic was in winston's short
    If you mean in that flipbook of Overwatch agents that he's recalling, an updated version of him is in there, but that just makes it MORE likely. We know there's a bunch of heroes they've been working on since before launch who didn't make it to launch. You can see some of them in those promo shots. We know Sombra was planned well ahead of time, and Ana likely was as well. We can assume the others in that list are all going to pop up, and I imagine they'll exhaust those before moving on, if possible. I'm just pointing out we've got a clear "big defense mech" archetype in those promo images, who could easily be a souped-up OR15.

He "already exists" in the game setting, but not the actual game.

7+ Year Old Account

i always imagined that that's soundquake

Formerly known as Arafal

If you mean in that flipbook of Overwatch agents that he's recalling, an updated version of him is in there, but that just makes it MORE likely. We know there's a bunch of heroes they've been working on since before launch who didn't make it to launch. You can see some of them in those promo shots. We know Sombra was planned well ahead of time, and Ana likely was as well. We can assume the others in that list are all going to pop up, and I imagine they'll exhaust those before moving on, if possible. I'm just pointing out we've got a clear "big defense mech" archetype in those promo images, who could easily be a souped-up OR15.

He "already exists" in the game setting, but not the actual game.
    cant be him, blizzard on twitter said that efi interview was taken in the present day in overwatch universe, meaning she hasnt created her mech yet https://twitter.com/westofhouse/stat...25961520033793
    but from the animated short we can understand that red mech is a former overwatch agent (along with the spiky hair guy on those pictures), that most likely going to be revealed with his own story, just like ana was
    blizzard, ofcourse, can change that any time they want, but they have a plan for their universe and i doubt his pic was put in there by mistake

btw there is a little 4 legged mech in the bottom pic, who knows, maybe he is our guy
    edit: or maybe its just a first version of symmetra's sentry
    Last edited by t1saif; 2017-02-24 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    cant be him, blizzard on twitter said that efi interview was taken in the present day in overwatch universe, meaning she hasnt created her mech yet https://twitter.com/westofhouse/stat...25961520033793
    but from the animated short we can understand that red mech is a former overwatch agent (along with the spiky hair guy on those pictures), that most likely going to be revealed with his own story, just like ana was
    blizzard, ofcourse, can change that any time they want, but they have a plan for their universe and i doubt his pic was put in there by mistake
    Here's the shots for comparison (snagged them for the purpose), along with a bonus of the other mech-like dude in the same Recall short (other than the weird cyclops one);

Also, it seems clear that these Overwatch rosters are relatively current, not just the "old guard". While the "old guard" are in their mid-50s to early 60s, there's also people like Tracer who get pulled up in that scrawl, and Tracer's only 26. Plus, they could bring Efi in to "resurrect" a fallen Omnic friend, or something. Tons of potential, I'm just pointing out likely "bot-like" heroes in promo footage that we've yet to see included. I figure it's way more likely that whatever form Efi's involvement takes, it's going to be pulled from something like this we've already seen.

Last edited by t1saif; 2017-02-24 at 09:58 PM.

I want to play as that spider mecha lady who's shooting a laser!

ok so now the doomfist is missing

we getting 2 heroes? cause like wtf is going on
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ok so now the doomfist is missing

we getting 2 heroes? cause like wtf is going on
    my theory is that reaper and widow got sent again after the gauntlet, succeed this time, ran into trouble and reaper crushes them with the gauntlet.

2 heroes at once would be cooler tho :3

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    my theory is that reaper and widow got sent again after the gauntlet, succeed this time, ran into trouble and reaper crushes them with the gauntlet.

2 heroes at once would be cooler tho :3
    Ok so piecing everything together, someone stole the doomfist and tried to escape at the airport and someone used it. So we got the new doomfist and Efi is inspired after the attack to create her robot to stop crime.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

One thing I've enjoyed about this game is guessing the new heroes and the way they've launched them. Makes the world have a little feeling to it, instead of pick class shoot each other.

I'm not a fan of a Spider Mech, but I think that is going to be her MO, and we might not see it until the next patch, and we get Doomfist before. Maybe, this is just a big setup for the hero after Doomfist, especially if the screenshots are accurate. Could take her a bit to create her mech, or maybe she is hurt in the process and becomes a Cyborg/Mech/Mind of the Mech sort of thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    One thing I've enjoyed about this game is guessing the new heroes and the way they've launched them. Makes the world have a little feeling to it, instead of pick class shoot each other.

I'm not a fan of a Spider Mech, but I think that is going to be her MO, and we might not see it until the next patch, and we get Doomfist before. Maybe, this is just a big setup for the hero after Doomfist, especially if the screenshots are accurate. Could take her a bit to create her mech, or maybe she is hurt in the process and becomes a Cyborg/Mech/Mind of the Mech sort of thing.
    we arent gonna kill children, no matter what kind of human/cyborg the kid is.

Mind of the Mech sort of thing
    and this sounds creepy af.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Hell, even Rockstar avoid putting children in GTAs... Blizzard won't even risk this.
    I'm not fussed either way if shes playable or if its a controlled mech,

But you can't use GTA V as a comparison.

GTAV you graphically kill people, torture, gun down, run over, beat the shit out of, stab, explode, hell even light on fire with a jerry can. All of which have animations which is supposed to be as close to the real thing as they can get. For the sake of the argument, we'll leave out the prostitution, drugs, sex, strippers, alcohol etc

Overwatch, yes we're killing the opposite team, but you drop the hp bar to 0 and they drop on the floor. There isn't anything graphic,

She could build the new doomfist or use drones to fight while sitting inside the base.

Efi gets kidnapped by talon to help create a new doomfist but ends up escaping because talon is evil. Overwatch rescues her and with the help of Winston and mercy she finishes the mech. I hope Sombra has something to do with her escape and doomfist is made up of multiple artifacts not just the fist.

Sombra doing Efi a favor fits with her lore.

The rogue robots are getting better tech so why not have a sense of power scaling.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-02-24 at 11:30 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Why do you all assume she has not already built this mech she dreamt of building?
    Maybe she has already created it and just wasn't there to stop whatever happened in Numbani? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the shots for comparison (snagged them for the purpose), along with a bonus of the other mech-like dude in the same Recall short (other than the weird cyclops one);

Also, it seems clear that these Overwatch rosters are relatively current, not just the "old guard". While the "old guard" are in their mid-50s to early 60s, there's also people like Tracer who get pulled up in that scrawl, and Tracer's only 26. Plus, they could bring Efi in to "resurrect" a fallen Omnic friend, or something. Tons of potential, I'm just pointing out likely "bot-like" heroes in promo footage that we've yet to see included. I figure it's way more likely that whatever form Efi's involvement takes, it's going to be pulled from something like this we've already seen.
    Well the new hero clearly isn't an OW member, so wouldn't be a part of Winston's recall. So that rules this guy out, and several others.

A popular theory is that it was Volskaya who attacked and took the Gauntlet, maybe to attach to one of their Mechs. What Efi has to do with that, no idea. Inspired? Redoubles her efforts to build something?

Right.

I'd say that the reason to keep Efi off the battlefield has far more to do with the "African child soldier" thing that I can't believe Blizzard would be so clueless as to normalize (since that's a real, current issue in Africa), not the "child" thing. We get resurrected in seconds anyway, it's not like it's a real "death".

She doesn't talk about "Drones", she talks about robots. She'll be the genius inventor of (probably) the spidertank. And possibly lending it her voice.
    What I am saying is that she doesn't need to be on the battlefield to be on the battlefield, she can be in her bedroom operating the spider tank via remote control. Iron Man has an entire army of armor that shows up and does battle with him or in his place. Iron Man is only limited by his imagination, not resources. If he can imagine it he can figure out how to make it happen.

Effi could be represented by a hologram while she is live on the internet from a bunker. She could have a robot inside a tank that is programmed to do what she would do in combat. People need to stop over reacting and getting triggered so easily over what might happen when they have no clue about whats going to happen. Just wait til Blizz shows us what the character will do.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.