Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You cannot end the plea bargain because then you will need to hire ten times the judges and lawyers to avoid the entire system from collapsing. The plea bargains are the only thing that keep the justice system floating. They make a mockery of it, but they keep it afloat.
    Our public defender system would never survive the end of plea bargins.

So, the alt right are vocal = liberuls unhappy
    alt right deplatformed = leberuls unhappy still.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    So, the alt right are vocal = liberuls unhappy
    alt right deplatformed = leberuls unhappy still.
    Who's unhappy that Spencer got thrown out?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Who's unhappy that Spencer got thrown out?
    Actually scratch that, the article I've been reading was about the different person, I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Bannon's speech... his tirade against the Administrative State (really, an assault on the international order, meritocracy and free trade), is remarkably horrifying. Like, I can't even begin to describe what it makes me feel like as a conservative, seeing this shit happen at a conservative conference in front of conservatives. They should be swarming the stage and crucifying him.

Are these people just so fucking unintellectual and beaten dogs in the face of demographic trends, that they're so willing to sell their souls to the devil and abandon their principles? Because Bannon as a leading intellectual of the conservative movement is like the Pope making Richard Dawkins chair of the Doctrine of the Faith (aka the Inquisition).

The bastards need to get up and fight. You know what he is. You know where this leads. And you're still walking that path anyway?
    Dear Skroe, the GOP has shifted so far right that the party you supported a decade or two ago is no longer remotely the same today.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't really legitimately claim to be part of an exclusive party if you disagree with 99% of what they do and are in the tiny <20% minority.

If anything as things stand, you are infinitely more likely to get somewhere by rooting for the Dems and they doing what you agree or can compromise on, because they are much more closer to your ideal of moderate conservatism.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, dog whistling seems to be ok, its when you outright say it, that they have a problem. I also find it humorous that a neo-Nazi thought a Libertarian group would welcome him... they are polar opposite ideologies.
    Neo-Nazis arent known for their intelligence and perception.

These people were taken down on their own. It was just the light of day that tipped them over. That's how the marketplace of ideas is suppose to work.