Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelot View Post

Its a shame we dont have trump here in Sweden
    It's a fucking blessing that we don't have Trump here in Sweden, and I'm not even religious.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The money was not given, but was repaid with interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Nope, it was given with no strings attached, some gave it back because of negative publicity, especially when banks were giving their people bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/18/business/18bank.html

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...ilout-20130104

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2009/01/tarp-j16.html

it quickly emerged that the TARP program had been designed by Bernanke and Paulson, the former CEO of Goldman Sachs, to facilitate a wave of bank takeovers and a further concentration of economic power in the hands of a few Wall Street giants. Reports surfaced that some $40 billion of the $125 billion given to the biggest banks would go to pay for the accumulated compensation and pension packages of the banks' top executives.

If this had happen under Trump you would be burning down Trump tower, but since it happened under Obama, it's all good, right?

I put up 3 times, now you can shut up
    https://www.treasury.gov/initiatives...P-Tracker.aspx

looks like so far total give out was 435b and we have gotten back 442b and the number is still climbing.

banks got 245b and paid back 275.4b

if they paid back more then they were given, then they could do anything they want with the money since it was their own and not taxpayers.

if you include Freddie and Fanny

https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/

OUTFLOWS: $623 billion
    $698.3B Inflows

Profit $75.8B (12.2% of outflows)

Seems like quite the good thing for taxpayers and it continues to pay back to this date.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    I will grant you, in the past, unions were needed. They are simply not needed anymore, at least in their traditional sense. You can almost single handedly blame union greed for the wreck that the US auto industry suffered, driving up labor costs so high that it wasn't feasible to produce the vehicles. The same issue occurred with many of the pastry companies, such as Hostess. There are industries, mine included, that have workers wages very competitive without the need for an organized, forced labor group.

- - - Updated - - -
    Its showmen ship. The same was said when Obama informed the world he would close Guantanamo. Those higher up knew that he could never close it, but it was a statement to get people motivated, to make a statement that he didn't believe in it. Doesn't matter if it actually occurs, people in this country have a short attention span. The point is, as you stated, there are lots of regulations that are not required and this is a broad statement, basically saying "I'm closing Guantanamo" so get your shit together.
    Trump has shown, if anything, it is not showmanship. He means at least half the crazy things he says, as we've seen with the attempted Muslim ban (illegal), the Wall (a future financial disaster), and so on. Sure, he's backed off on some things like sending Hillary to jail or draining the swamp, but it's impossible to tell what he's going to go through with. Usually the crazier it is, the more likely he is to do it. His whole 'remove two regulations for every one you get' and 'remove the ability for regulators to prosecute' (or however that one was termed) are strong (corporate) right issues. He is a Republican (sort of), and is very likely to go in that direction

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Trump has shown, if anything, it is not showmanship. He means at least half the crazy things he says, as we've seen with the attempted Muslim ban (illegal), the Wall (a future financial disaster), and so on. Sure, he's backed off on some things like sending Hillary to jail or draining the swamp, but it's impossible to tell what he's going to go through with. Usually the crazier it is, the more likely he is to do it. His whole 'remove two regulations for every one you get' and 'remove the ability for regulators to prosecute' (or however that one was termed) are strong (corporate) right issues. He is a Republican (sort of), and is very likely to go in that direction
    I get what you're saying, I just interpret it differently I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    I get what you're saying, I just interpret it differently I guess.
    That is a very polite response. Thank you!

7+ Year Old Account
    He's your president. Suck it up buttercup! I mean we COULD be stuck with globalist felon pedo Hilary Clinton

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mornic View Post
    He's your president. Suck it up buttercup! I mean we COULD be stuck with globalist felon pedo Hilary Clinton
    The same way all the people against Obama sucked it up, supporting him and not complaining about him at all or coming up with wild, crazy conspiracy theories about him?

Haha, oh boy, someone fucked up. I don't follow politics too closely, and even I can see that flag is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Haha, oh boy, someone fucked up. I don't follow politics too closely, and even I can see that flag is a bad idea.
    I thought it was supposed to be an intentional prank. The joke is that the people taking flags were too dumb to notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Mornic View Post
    Trump is a globalist, even though he railed against globalism. Look at his fucking cabinet.

Hillary isn't a felon. Kinda need to be arrested and tried for that.

And pedo? Nope. If you are saying that pizzagate bullshit, you need to get the fuck out of here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did i say anything about "pizzagate"? quit assuming

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    After vacationing and golfing every single weekend since being elected.

After not banning immigration from any of the countries terrorist actually come from.

Almost everyone on welfare that is able to work, does work.

Legalize drugs and they won't be able to make money from it.

Unless you're muslim (or look muslim), mexican, gay, trans, poor, on welfare or aren't sucking Trump's dick.

Yes, fuck worker's rights.
    OMG this made me chuckle, people really believe this non sense. roflmao

i still cant wait for Trump to build the wall, more jobs for everyone!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    I would love a job picking up apples for $2 / hr or as a construction worker for 40 a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

This is like saying broccoli big at broccoli rally.

Except the millions of people who will lose their jobs from fucking over trade with Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I would love a job picking up apples for $2 / hr or as a construction worker for 40 a day.
    where in the US is the minimum wage $2 an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Except the millions of people who will lose their jobs from fucking over trade with Mexico.
    Mexico cant afford to stop trading with the US. it will end badly for them if they try.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Wow, What a speech!! So inspiring! Some of his best quotes:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...sses-cpac.html

He hit every nail on the head with this awe inspiring patriotic speech!
    awe inspiring? maybe if you're a mouth breathing simpleton.

Sad thing is many people on welfare work fulltime, but the pay is so bad they're still so poor they qualify.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    where in the US is the minimum wage $2 an hour?

Mexico cant afford to stop trading with the US. it will end badly for them if they try.
    Where ever ppl dont report illegals wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.