Open world games will always have issues, even Witcher 3 after receiving dozen's of patches can still crash on PS4. You just have to accept the fact that open world games will always have a few problems that can't be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Open world games will always have issues, even Witcher 3 after receiving dozen's of patches can still crash on PS4. You just have to accept the fact that open world games will always have a few problems that can't be fixed.
    But it's not a problem on the WiiU or mobile mode so.....??????
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I have only seen that one video and a few articles talking about the supposed frame rate dips, many places and youtube channels haven't had any complaints about TV mode performance.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I have only seen that one video and a few articles talking about the supposed frame rate dips, many places and youtube channels haven't had any complaints about TV mode performance.
    Ya I'm just going to wait for the DF video before I judge it personally. Even more so since like you said there is only one video and a few articles.

Its also a unpatched game and good chance the day 1 patch fixes the issue.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

so the $60 price tag was removed from MK8 on the official website and went to TBD

so that might be good news, or they are just trying to cover up the price since everyones kinda been complaining about how everything is expensive.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

So, I've been hearing glowing previews of BotW to the point some people are saying you might need to remember where you were while playing it because it's that good.

My uncle says the Switch is sold out everywhere for pre order in our area. Anyone else experiencing similar? My gamestop even has a sign on their door saying that they are all sold out and wont even get more to sell on launch day. Is this hype or typically nintendo making limited quantities?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The screen probably won't have any Nintendium, but the rest should.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...turistic_racer

Fast RMX will be 19.99 Euro/USD.
    Nice, I honestly think Switch has a good launch day/first couple weeks now. Not fantastic, but not the worst either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It doesn't matter, the WiiU version is also 720p

The reason the switch version is worse is because this is a WiiU game ported to the switch last minute to get it as a launch title for the switch. The game was never designed for 900p but they pretty much "forced" an upscale to drive that the "switch is better" argument so people buy the console over the wii U version.

900p is garbage, locking the console to 720p might fix the issue but we don't know if it downscales the game running at 900p or makes the game run at 720p. If it's the former it won't fix the problem.
    They should have just kept it at 720p but upscaled. I dont know how the Switch is lagging though. It should be getting better performance in handheld mode witht he rumored doubling of clockspeeds on the GPU in that mode. As long as other games dont do it, could be just BoTW like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It should be getting better performance in handheld mode witht he rumored doubling of clockspeeds on the GPU in that mode.
    Umm no.

When its in mobile mode the GPU clock is cut in half and the res is lowered to 720p (or less depending the game). When in dock mode the GPU is at its normal speed and raised to 900p.

This leads to a few things that could be going wrong.

1) The most likely issue is its a rushed port.

2) There is a bug.

3) What we are seeing is not after the day 1 patch and this issue is more then likely fixed day 1.

4) The optimization is shit or really hard to do.

One or all of these things could be the issue.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-25 at 04:04 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    so the $60 price tag was removed from MK8 on the official website and went to TBD

so that might be good news, or they are just trying to cover up the price since everyones kinda been complaining about how everything is expensive.
    39.99? That would make it worth it even for WiiU owners probably. I do think its worth 60 though persoanlly. Im also extremely happy witht he pricing of these newer games like Shovel Knight, Fast, and Binding of Issac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Umm no.

When its in mobile mode the GPU clock is cut in half and the res is lowered to 720p (or less depending the game). When in dock mode the GPU is at its normal speed and raised to 900p.

This leads to a few things that could be going wrong.

1) The most likely issue is its a rushed port.

2) There is a bug.

3) What we are seeing is not after the day 1 patch and this issue is more then likely fixed day 1.

4) The optimization is shit.

One or all of these things could be the issue.
    I meant in docked mode. Obviously the clockspeeds dont raise in handheld mode.. Im sorry, just got home from a grueling day at work. I mean in docked mode I would have thought it would have ran better. Double clock speeds on the Gpu over a smaller resolution bump, but Maybe Zelda is more cpu bound since its an open world and thats why it cant handle it?

I meant in docked mode. Obviously the clockspeeds dont raise in handheld mode.. Im sorry, just got home from a grueling day at work. I mean in docked mode I would have thought it would have ran better. Double clock speeds on the Gpu over a smaller resolution bump, but Maybe Zelda is more cpu bound since its an open world and thats why it cant handle it?
    I though that is what you ment but I wasn't sure so don't take my post as me being a smartass.

Ya it could be likely its a CPU bottleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    My uncle says the Switch is sold out everywhere for pre order in our area. Anyone else experiencing similar? My gamestop even has a sign on their door saying that they are all sold out and wont even get more to sell on launch day. Is this hype or typically nintendo making limited quantities?
    Pre-orders are limited but that doesn't mean that all of the switches that will be available have already been claimed there might be some available to walk in customers on launch. That is what I'm hoping for at least since the pre-orders are all sold out in my area as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I though that is what you ment but I wasn't sure so don't take my post as me being a smartass.

Ya it could be likely its a CPU bottleneck.
    Could also just be that the hardware isn't there. I mean we know its more powerful than the WiiU, but the Switch has a decent bump in draw distance, but from what ive seen of WiiU trailers, it seems more foliage, but I could be wrong.

Could also just be that the hardware isn't there. I mean we know its more powerful than the WiiU, but the Switch has a decent bump in draw distance, but from what ive seen of WiiU trailers, it seems more foliage, but I could be wrong.
    You can tell in the DF video that there is close distance pop-in. So who knows what the final issue is, could be a mix of things.

we dont know that its not an issue in wiiu mode, were just assuming that because mobile is basically a slightly stronger wiiu

- - - Updated - - -

got some news for you guys, really exciting stuff

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we dont know that its not an issue in wiiu mode, were just assuming that because mobile is basically a slightly stronger wiiu

- - - Updated - - -

That's sarcasm right?

Ya I'm just going to wait for the DF video before I judge it personally. Even more so since like you said there is only one video and a few articles.

Its also a unpatched game and good chance the day 1 patch fixes the issue.
    I would bet my left ass cheek there is no day 1 patch or any patch on the horizon prior to dlc coming out. Unless there is some major game breaking bug that slipped the cracks of Nintendo's QA(which almost never happens) they never patch a game unless they are adding in features or dlc. Most of my Wii U library never got a patch period. The ones that did where mostly adding in content or adding support for DLC.

Also if there was some magical day 1 patch coming Nintendo would have told the press to mention it. Every Horizon review was required to mention they didn't have the pro day 1 patch yet for example by Sony. If there is a day 1 patch that's going to make the game better the publisher always lets you know.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't know what performance is on the finished Wii U version, Nintendo isn't giving the press copies of the game to compare. We won't get a good comparison from DF until the 4th or 5th probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Also if there was some magical day 1 patch coming Nintendo would have told the press to mention it. Every Horizon review was required to mention they didn't have the pro day 1 patch yet for example by Sony. If there is a day 1 patch that's going to make the game better the publisher always lets you know.
    Haven't we already spent nearly 150 pages making sure to drive the point of "Nintendo does strange things sometimes"?

I wouldn't rule them being strange enough to not inform people of a day 1 patch out just yet.

Unlikely sure, but not completely out of the question.