Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    Avpixlat and Fria Tider is like only reading Breitbart or Fox News...
    Now you're being mean. Fox is a bit better than that. Not much better but a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    The BBC News delivers the killing blow regarding rape in Malmo; with GASP - actual facts. Figures and charts disprove quotes from far right leaders.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39056786
    "What about an international comparison?
    It is very hard to compare sex-related offences and rape across the world."

"The 2012 UN international rape rate comparison showed Sweden to have the highest rate of rape in Europe and the second highest in the world, but the report did not contain data for a total of 63 countries that did not submit any statistics, including, for example, South Africa, where other earlier surveys indicated a very high rape rate."

Well you might be right about Malmo, and basically threw the baby out with the bathwater on the topic otherwise. Besides, the capital of something doesn't have to have the most of something.

I will give you credit that this article does a decent job at least stating all the facts it can get its hands on and stating when it doesn't have them.

Here Trump's statement about Sweden doesn't mean much and is already forgotten. Left wing people here pointed at Trump when he made the Sweden statement and said "see, he's wrong!" After which the right wing people found a couple examples of racial conflict in Sweden and said "see he's right!" As for the huge majority of Americans in the middle, most of them shrugged and went on with their daily business but a few were amused.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Obviously a fake news outlet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I still think it´s a lot for a country as Sweden. You can´t say there is a negative relationship between immigration and rape.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as people keep talking about it, again a small reminder that around 2010, Sweden changed their sexual offence regulation. They changed it to be broader applicable, thus more incidents became known as sexual assault than before. Furthermore they also started filing each incident separately (so if X was sexually assaulted 3 times by Y on an evening, it counts as 3 specific, separate incidents. doesn't happen in a lot of other countries).

And while I have no sources for it (atm just too lazy to find it out anyway), I think it's not much of a stretch to count in the relatively strong position women (still prime victims of sexual assault) are in in Sweden. They can afford to live alone or break up relationships/marriages a lot better than in other countries. I think it's very plausible that Swedish women are more quickly inclined to call of a relationship and file for sexual assault if the partner did something wrong, while in other countries they might 'suck it up' because they have less options. Just a thought, but not unreasonable to think imho.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    That's assuming they get rapey during the little vetting process we have which is probably when the rapist actually behave somewhat (we have winter, remember?). 2016 is left out for some reason even though it has passed. Guess you missed the mass sexual assault game the "refugees" had during new years and the amount of harrassment during festivals where the municipals loaded fucking busses full of these unchecked people and just flooded them into the crowd. We know the results...

edit: Hmm, what do we have here? A bigger fraction of people got raped after 2015? Who could've guessed?

If you're seeing anything in this data other than random fluctuation you have a problem. You're looking at random noise and claim it's telling a story. It's not.

If the true "rape rate" is around 70 per 100,000 inhabitants it's basically going to vary between 50 and 90 just from random fluctuation without any trend present: exactly what you witness here.
    Last edited by Edorien; 2017-02-25 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So, you're presented with facts, but because you disagree with them your own "facts" (feelings) supersede them and determine what is the "truth" to you?

Basically, "I reject reality and substitute my own."?

Am I reading your post correctly, or am I misreading somehow?
    I literally said ''no I won't''. Because if this true, and I can imagine it is (while also seeing the sudden increase in all 3 cities since the migrant crisis occured), there still are other numbers than only these ones. You guys try to pinpoint on a few numbers like these as if accepting hundreds of thousands of migrants in a country with a small number of residents like Sweden is culturally enriching, then I can only say just wait and see. And that's what I just did.

TL;DR: Not disagreeing with any facts if true, I know there are other numbers out there and I know accepting lots of Middle Eastern people isn't really culturally enriching, but I think a lot of you people will digress (and won't live in an area with lots of immigrants like I do).

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    yep, nothing going on in sweden: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...aks-out-sweden . Y know I'm starting to get this whole fake news bs trump is getting at. I mean he's obviously uneloquent with his words but you can't say his points are entirely fabricated. It's just more raw, like when talking with your friends you gotto go with what they mean and not always what they say. Obviously not ideal for a president but eh, I guess it takes a certain level of crazy to not go with this endless flow of PC culture and accompanied lefty white knighting.
    When people quote this sort of bullshit news sites, it actually makes me angry. How in the world can a person not see what an utter piece of shit this "news" page is? It takes me 5 seconds on the front page to realize that. Is that really where we have to start, educating people that sources with conspiracy shit on the front page aren't real sources?

yep, nothing going on in sweden: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...aks-out-sweden . Y know I'm starting to get this whole fake news bs trump is getting at. I mean he's obviously uneloquent with his words but you can't say his points are entirely fabricated. It's just more raw, like when talking with your friends you gotto go with what they mean and not always what they say. Obviously not ideal for a president but eh, I guess it takes a certain level of crazy to not go with this endless flow of PC culture and accompanied lefty white knighting.
    He is a horrible speaker. He has 80 thousand things on his mind and tends to mix a few together in a sentence. Its why some people dont take him seriously. But the fact is if you dont read headlines and the small soundbites and see everything in context its fine. What he is says is right and its why he was elected. its why he will win again in 2020.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    When people quote this sort of bullshit news sites, it actually makes me angry. How in the world can a person not see what an utter piece of shit this "news" page is? It takes me 5 seconds on the front page to realize that. Is that really where we have to start, educating people that sources with conspiracy shit on the front page aren't real sources?
    Yup, all those pictures and footage are conspiracy theories. Nothing to see there. Totally, 100% fake.

Deleted
    Welcome to the club bro. Let's keep The Netherlands great aswell this march!

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Yup, all those pictures and footage are conspiracy theories. Nothing to see there. Totally, 100% fake.
    The whole site discredits itself on the front page. There is no point whatsoever in reading, quoting or believing anything they post. Sensationalists tend to exaggerate and take things out of context.
    If you can present a credible source however, that's a different story. But that is rarely the case for right-wing propaganda because it foots on preaching hate, fear and lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Section on that near the bottom. Essentially it's difficult to compare between nations because of differences in the law, police record keeping procedures, reporting rates etc.
    Plus changes in the law can account for a lot of large statistical deviations. Sweden's government, for instance, broadened the number of sex crimes that constituted rape in 2005, and launched a fairly substantial campaign to get more victims of rape to report those crimes to the police. The result was a pretty serious uptick in reported rapes between 2006 and 2011 (from ~4200 to ~6300), after which it has fluctuated up and down by a few hundred reports per year.

Anyone notice how that graph doesnt have 2016 rape stats on it? ITS BECAUSE IT WENT UP. 2016 was slightly above 2014.

http://www.thelocal.se/20170112/swed...stats-analyzed

According to Brå's figures, 10,500 incidents of sexual molestation were reported in the country in 2016 – a striking increase of 20 percent on 2015 (when 8,840 were reported).

Those god damn facts!!! BUT THEY WENT DOWN IN 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L-o-L

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I am not a Trump or Hillary fan, I think both candidates were awful

What pleases me however is that Trumps victory has made hysterical people like yourself even more hysterical

Also, gotta love that you are so keen to paint me with a racist alt-right brush just because I disagree with you - being a minority, this is particularly amusing for me

And of course keep pushing for the safe space echo chamber that MMO-C provides, believing yourself the virtuous
    Me? Sitting back here watching the shitshow with a big pile of popcorn?

You on the other hand just don't seem to be your old self. Why I can't remember the last time you made a thread about how the evil feminists are oppressing you. Tired?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Anyone notice how that graph doesnt have 2016 rape stats on it? ITS BECAUSE IT WENT UP. 2016 was slightly above 2014.

http://www.thelocal.se/20170112/swed...stats-analyzed

According to Brå's figures, 10,500 incidents of sexual molestation were reported in the country in 2016 – a striking increase of 20 percent on 2015 (when 8,840 were reported).

Those god damn facts!!! BUT THEY WENT DOWN IN 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L-o-L
    First, the numbers are preliminary. This mostly means it are the rough data sets that they are working with. It's probably not even normalized yet.

Second, take a look at the bottom note:

“The number of crimes reported can depend very much on the propensity to report,” Sarnecki noted.

“In 2016 for instance there was a lot of discussion about sexual assault and the relation between sexual assault and immigration. We know through research that those kind of years with more discussion of those subjects see the number of crimes reported increase.”

"The problem with explaining these figures is that very many variables not necessarily related to crime impact the figures. You have to be very careful, in particular if you look at changes on a year-to-year basis," he concluded.
    It's great that you want to include data in your arguments, it really is. But a bit more research on said data, rather than simply copy-pasting it, wouldn't be bad practice.

That's because police there don't report refugee crimes to prevent local people from claiming "see??? get them out of here"

5920 accounts of rape, what the actual fuck is going on there when Sweden is pretty much taught about being progressive and treating every one equally and no means no.

5920 accounts of rape I'd expect from an entire country that do not treat men and women equally and one as an object, not Sweden.
    Last edited by Fleuria; 2017-02-25 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    First, the numbers are preliminary. This mostly means it are the rough data sets that they are working with. It's probably not even normalized yet.

Second, take a look at the bottom note:

It's great that you want to include data in your arguments, it really is. But a bit more research on said data, rather than simply copy-pasting it, wouldn't be bad practice.
    Ya I agree. Like how rape numbers have gone up every year except for one?