Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Helya, how easy is it now?

How easy is mythic Helya with tier sets 54 traits and a 903 average ilevel raid group nowadays?

Is it still quite difficult or doable in 1 raid night of progression?
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Deleted
    it's still a pretty technical fight. one shot lazers in p1. tentacles need to die together in p2. stuff like that. dps makes it easier but it's not like you can cheese mechanics, just to fewer of them.

We went 3/10 mythic then went back to Helya. It's a very precise fight that has to be executed perfectly, but the dps checks are very easy now.

We're at 90 pulls, got it to 16% today. Most of those wipes are in phase 1. Phase 2 took us maybe 5-10 pulls to figure out, wiped maybe 5 times in phase 3.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-02-24 at 06:48 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanically, even though the mechanics of it are easier, it's likely around the difficulty of the four bosses after the first three in Mythic NH. The DPS check is essentially non-existent, but the encounter still has plenty of one shot mechanics.

Orbs still need to be kited, tentacles still need to be soaked, and phase two adds need to die around the same interval. People still need to soak purple void zones in phase three as well.

it's not easy at all. DPS checks are a joke now but the mechanics are still very much in play and no scrub guild will kill it without an actual effort in learning the fight.

it's like a 50 pull fight now if your guild is 900+ and not completely terrible

the hardest parts can be skipped now thanks to dps

you still have to learn to execute slicers and dispels, but that's basically it

and even those are easier with an extra 1mil hp

904 average guild 6/10M.

Took us ~30 pulls with no prior XP on it.

First phase took most of these, sorting dispel timings.

Second phase was an absolute joke, never had any issues or wipes here.

Third phase had some wipes, people need to listen to where they should be at ALL times. It's just about knowing where you need to be. If people are unprepared then you will suffer, if you have somebody to handhold people through it or if everybody knows exactly where to be it will be a breeze.

Still need to developp a proper danse for your raid to handle the orbs and dispels, but that's 1 or 2 nights on her max now. Don't expect to be able to ignore mechanics.

Deleted
    havent done helya but i think aslong you dont fuck up hard on the mechanics she shouldnt be to hard due gear, more traits

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenzedd View Post
    First phase took most of these, sorting dispel timings.

Second phase was an absolute joke, never had any issues or wipes here.

Third phase had some wipes, people need to listen to where they should be at ALL times. It's just about knowing where you need to be. If people are unprepared then you will suffer, if you have somebody to handhold people through it or if everybody knows exactly where to be it will be a breeze.
    Would be my impression as well from farming it in nighthold gear. Second phase you essentially can't wipe anymore because the dps requirements are just that trivial.
    First phase still requires a somewhat decent dispeller and correct tentacle handling but you'll never have an issue with exploding blobs again and you should even be able to survive double orb ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    Still need to developp a proper danse for your raid to handle the orbs and dispels, but that's 1 or 2 nights on her max now. Don't expect to be able to ignore mechanics.
    Danse...
    ?????
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Danse...
    ?????
    Oh, sorry, brain using wrong language sometimes.
    I mean Dance, as in having your raid do the correct movement patern. Mythic Helya, especially during the first kills, was a very fixed fight as far as where and when to move for everyone in the raid ( especially healers ) so it kinda feels like a dance.

And Dance is written Danse in french so, heh, easy mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    Oh, sorry, brain using wrong language sometimes.
    I mean Dance, as in having your raid do the correct movement patern. Mythic Helya, especially during the first kills, was a very fixed fight as far as where and when to move for everyone in the raid ( especially healers ) so it kinda feels like a dance.

And Dance is written Danse in french so, heh, easy mistake.
    I gotcha. I was just poking fun anyhow.
    Enjoy your peanut butter mouth roof, French friend.

Yeah, Helya's movement was very strict and unforgiving early on. It still is part of execution even with surpassing ilvls.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

DPS trivializes P2 moreso than anything else since killing tentacles in time before next wave is no longer even a slight concern. P3 is significantly shorter, and mariners just explode, so the softish enrage of the wave damage isn't a threat. P1 is significantly shorter, so there's less chances to screw up and die. Your guild will still have to learn to do P1 and P3 though, which is a fairly significant number of pulls, since screw ups with orbs or soaking tentacles/purple spots will still wipe the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    How easy is mythic Helya with tier sets 54 traits and a 903 average ilevel raid group nowadays?

If you couldn't kill it before, you probably can't kill it now. DPS is always important but "if you stand in the fire, you will never kill it".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS checks are non-existent now, but you'll still die to the 1-shot mechanics. Gotta learn to dance

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post

Like others said, its a technical fight. I see guilds going back for the Wowprogress points on higher pop servers (ala Imperator in BRF). Killing it in one night is doable, but not a guarantee at all, and you're better off starting work on the next NH boss, which is what the raid probably wants. Odyn and Guarm OTOH are definitely fights you can brute force and one or two shot with 1/3 the raid dead

Update, just got it. Might be a 30 pull boss for a 6/10M guild but for 3/10 scrubs like us took us 119 pulls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ1En3qr6NI
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-02-27 at 07:33 AM.

You are probably better of progressing on mythic nighthold bosses up to Augur and then coming back to Helya mythic. That is if you care about WoWProgress rankings.

We killed it before nighthold released and went back today. We spent 10 pulls on it with about 8 people whom have never seen the fight before. I think it will die in 10 more pulls. The DPS checks are not there anymore but its still a very technical fight. We just have to relearn the p3 dance.