Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Was expecting this to be Jaylock, I guess he's banned again.
    Thought the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    WoD's leveling zones were fantastic, this is true. I'd rate Spires of Arak up with Howling Fjord as a best ever zone.
    I would agree Shadow Moon Vallie and Spires of Arak where added to my list of favorite zones. Admittedly it did have a few duds for me as well though (For some reason I really didn't like Talador and Nagrand).

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Best joke this month, WoD-facebook-game is probably THE worst expansion ever, only rivaled by Cata... Thanks for the laugh dude!
    WoD was on the boring side, I admit...but you people who go on about garrison missions being so bad, I don't understand it. It was something that literally took 1 minute to do, if that. I could understand if using the garrison table took a half hour every time you logged in, but basically after doing the few mandatory missions (which once again, took moments to click on) you didn't really have to use the table again unless you wanted easy money. If it was so boring to people to take 1 minute to click on money missions...why didn't they just go out in the world and do actual things to make the money instead?
    People also cry that they sat in their garrisons waiting for queues to pop, and had nothing to do but talk in trade chat while waiting...but, how was it much different from previous expansions where people would sit in a capital city, doing nothing but talking in trade chat waiting for queues to pop? The only difference was you couldn't "show off" the armor or mount you have that hundreds of thousands, if not millions of other people had.
    I find that spending time at the auction house over the course of 12 years has been a million times more dull and facebook-gamey than taking a few moments to click on the garrison table missions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    No grind mode
    No content mode, too.

Fun raids
    Meh. Enjoyed only like 2-3 fights out of BRF and HFC. Highmaul was boring as fuck. Also, only 3 raids across 2 raid tiers, most pathetic expansion in terms of raid content, even worse than Cataclysm. Hell, Wrath had lazy Naxx revamp and lazy Trial of the Crusader and was still better.

Enjoyable story mode and environment
    Doomhammer dying without any story development, Ner'zhul dying in a 5-man, bait and switch with Grom as a raidboss, retarded ending in HFC that makes no sense... the story in WoD was at a lowpoint

Fun class design
    I guess so. Playing the different classes was the one thing that was fun about WoD. Too bad there was barely any content to play your classes in.

Fair legendary system
    Welfare legendary, shitty ring with lazy animation, grindy questchain to keep people busy.

No repetitive world quests
    No world quests at all, you mean? Not even dailies. But repetitive Apexis quests.

Good class balance
    I guess, maybe. I don't know. I don't think there's ever been good class balance in WoW and I don't think there ever will be.

Useful faction hub
    Shitty faction hubs, cheated out of glorious Karabor and Bladespire, getting lazy mudhuts and generic alliance town instead. I'm still pissed.

Ashran
    Was the worst outdoor PvP zone they've ever done. Boring as fuck, no real point to it.

Imagine how much better would Legion be if it had these things?
    Legion right now is awesome. WoD was shit. The less Legion is like WoD, the better. But I get it. You are just janking our collective Schwanz. Nobody would ever seriously post something like this.

Some of the reasons include:

No grind mode
    Fun raids
    Fun class design
    Fair legendary system
    Good class balance
    Useful faction hub
    Ashran

- AKA: Nothing to do instead of grinding.
    - HM and HFC were shit. BRF was okay.
    - If by leveling, then sure, only for the first time.
    - Lolno.
    - You mean the shitty welfare legendary system from MoP?
    - Again, no content.
    - Well you got me there.
    - No.
    - LOLNO.

Man, look how much better Legion is without these horrible things.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

No grind mode
    ie no content at all.

Fun raids
    Not bad, but there are the same amount of raids already in Legion and its still the first tier. Already more bosses.

I personally loved the story, but don't think it was at a pinacle here regardless.

Fun class design
    I did enjoy the class design for sure, but wouldn't write home about it. MoP and Legion were considerably better imo.

Fair legendary system
    Fair as in everyone got the exact same item which only one person could use per, and that would equate for nearly 20 percent of the bosses health when used.

No repetitive anything. There was no content in the game.

Good class balance
    Arcane Mage.

Useful faction hub
    When has there not been? I suppose you are trying to exclude dalaran because its shared?

Ashran
    Ashran had the potential to be awesome, but I'll take your point here as a nod to the systems not working out for PVP in legion and for that I can agree. Ashran was quite a disappointment, but at least pvpers knew what to expect.

Most of these things aren't even things to be fair.
    You really don't get to complain about having too much to do though. I don't understand why so many people do it here.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    garrisonss

Im trying to resist... Im trying to resist..!!

I can't...!!!

LOL.
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    EN was terrible? Wtf
    EN was fucking garbage imo. Ursoc was Butcher 2.0, Nyth was Kargath 2.0, Illygnoth was boring as hell, Elerenthe was boring, Dragons was meh, Cenarius was crap and Xavius was the worst end boss to any raid in history. Even Deathwing was better than that crap.

I love how 95% of this thread is just people trying to disprove this dude's fucking opinion about the expansion. We get it, MMO-C. You fucking hate WoD. But there's a possibility that in this crazy fucking world we live in, there are people who may have enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I love how 95% of this thread is just people trying to disprove this dude's fucking opinion about the expansion. We get it, MMO-C. You fucking hate WoD. But there's a possibility that in this crazy fucking world we live in, there are people who may have enjoyed it.
    I agree. But I still debate some of the OPs opinions with my own. I don't see a problem with that. I mostly hate WoD because it just didn't keep me hooked raiding wise. Once I had my ring to 795 I just didn't care anymore and even then I was only logging in weekly for that. PvE content is a big deal for me in any MMO.

Wod was the worst patch WoW ever received.

Wait it was an expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    What made WoD so great is the content that came after it. Legion is pretty awesome. So if WoD was shat on to make Legion, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Not this guy though. He's basicly notorious for shitposting about how bad Legion is. Just look at his post history.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    EN was fucking garbage imo. Ursoc was Butcher 2.0, Nyth was Kargath 2.0, Illygnoth was boring as hell, Elerenthe was boring, Dragons was meh, Cenarius was crap and Xavius was the worst end boss to any raid in history. Even Deathwing was better than that crap.
    Now that i think about it you're actually correct, fuck that shit.

7+ Year Old Account

No grind mode
    Fun raids
    Fun class design
    Fair legendary system
    Good class balance
    Useful faction hub
    Ashran

Kinda not grindy, true.
    Raids were fun and Interesting, yes.
    Story was good, I agree.
    Class design still sucked, return to TBC/Wrath style or your class/talent design will remain sucky, Blizz.
    Legendaries were fun.
    Daily Quests were okay to do but didn't have any long term uses.
    Incorrect, classes have always been and always will be unbalanced.
    Ashran and faction hubs were great I suppose...

But you're forgetting these points:

Garrison: A facebook game on WoW where you come In, get gold, logout - which also caused MANY people to pay for their WoW sub for years to come with just gold made from the Garrison and I'm pretty sure Blizzard knows that - It's to keep some people playing the game but not with a sub, but with Gold using WoW Tokens.

There was a LARGE content draught, the largest of all. 14 months total with no content, that's the biggest no-no.

As well as many, many features that were cut Including Farahlon (Or as we know it from Outland - Netherstorm but before the whole big boom thing), some of the stories were lazy though, I mean Orgrim dies just like that, you kidding me Blizz? And Kargath, a big warlord just dies as the first Raid boss In the expansion, kidding me again?

Just to clarify: I'm a giant orc fanboy, and WoD failing was a giant disapointment for me, I wanted to look back Into the past of the orcs, all the clans, their rituals, their origins and while WoD doesn't 100 % reflect the past of the orcs we know from our timeline it was still a fun opportunity, and there's alot of missed opportunity for more story telling that they did not embrace cause "We're already working on the next expansion" excuse.. and how did that end up? Legion Is a giant grindfest with no real rewards and now everyone Is a highlord, deathlord or cringelord... yeeeey.. with a mini facebook game In their order halls.

Also Legion had plenty of content cut as well, you remember that island like South-west Ish but more West of Broken Isles, and North-west Is of Broken Shores? Ofcourse you don't, they cut It before launch and It will never return, they promised another Ashran like place or something, but hey we already have Ashran why make a new and better one? We can literaly queue up for Ashran now Instead - which IS bad by the way, no benefits of doing Ashran for anything but the title.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-02-25 at 11:58 AM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Kinda not grindy, true.
    Raids were fun and Interesting, yes.
    Story was good, I agree.
    Class design still sucked, return to TBC/Wrath style or your class/talent design will remain sucky, Blizz.
    Legendaries were fun.
    Daily Quests were okay to do but didn't have any long term uses.
    Incorrect, classes have always been and always will be unbalanced.
    Ashran and faction hubs were great I suppose...

But you're forgetting these points:

Garrison: A facebook game on WoW where you come In, get gold, logout - which also caused MANY people to pay for their WoW sub for years to come with just gold made from the Garrison and I'm pretty sure Blizzard knows that - It's to keep some people playing the game but not with a sub, but with Gold using WoW Tokens.

There was a LARGE content draught, the largest of all. 14 months total with no content, that's the biggest no-no.

As well as many, many features that were cut Including Farahlon (Or as we know it from Outland - Netherstorm but before the whole big boom thing), some of the stories were lazy though, I mean Orgrim dies just like that, you kidding me Blizz? And Kargath, a big warlord just dies as the first Raid boss In the expansion, kidding me again?

Just to clarify: I'm a giant orc fanboy, and WoD failing was a giant disapointment for me, I wanted to look back Into the past of the orcs, all the clans, their rituals, their origins and while WoD doesn't 100 % reflect the past of the orcs we know from our timeline it was still a fun opportunity, and there's alot of missed opportunity for more story telling that they did not embrace cause "We're already working on the next expansion" excuse.. and how did that end up? Legion Is a giant grindfest with no real rewards and now everyone Is a highlord, deathlord or cringelord... yeeeey.. with a mini facebook game In their order halls.

Also Legion had plenty of content cut as well, you remember that island like South-west Ish but more West of Broken Isles, and North-west Is of Broken Shores? Ofcourse you don't, they cut It before launch and It will never return, they promised another Ashran like place or something, but hey we already have Ashran why make a new and better one? We can literaly queue up for Ashran now Instead - which IS bad by the way, no benefits of doing Ashran for anything but the title.
    This usual nonsense again where people seem to think when Blizzard announce content then cut that content is a "promise". Funny how after they cut the content people spout the "BUT I WAS PROMISED" line. Also I'll happily trade Thal'dranath which was going to be some crappy Night Elf ruins and wait for Argus in 7.3 which is the homeworld of the Draenei and one of the big places occupied by the Burning Legion. Way better trade off. Also Thal'dranath was South East. There was literally nothing on there just like Farahlon. Farahlon had broken Netherstorm assets and Thal'dranath had the world "Thal'dranath" scribbled on it.

Also Ashran isn't meant to be done at 110. Battlegrounds and Arenas are. I'd rather not have another Ashran to be honest because it was the most boring PvP content ever.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-25 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    This is what i remember from WoD.... The Garrison and the portal to Stormshield, i did walk to BRF a few times too. This is about it, great expansion 10/10!

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    WoD was on the boring side, I admit...but you people who go on about garrison missions being so bad, I don't understand it. It was something that literally took 1 minute to do, if that. I could understand if using the garrison table took a half hour every time you logged in, but basically after doing the few mandatory missions (which once again, took moments to click on) you didn't really have to use the table again unless you wanted easy money. If it was so boring to people to take 1 minute to click on money missions...why didn't they just go out in the world and do actual things to make the money instead?
    People also cry that they sat in their garrisons waiting for queues to pop, and had nothing to do but talk in trade chat while waiting...but, how was it much different from previous expansions where people would sit in a capital city, doing nothing but talking in trade chat waiting for queues to pop? The only difference was you couldn't "show off" the armor or mount you have that hundreds of thousands, if not millions of other people had.
    I find that spending time at the auction house over the course of 12 years has been a million times more dull and facebook-gamey than taking a few moments to click on the garrison table missions.
    Grats, you are the minority that liked it, meaning that "us people" are probably right that the expansion sucked and everything with garrisons was pure bullshit. If you and 22 others enjoyed it, grats as I said, but dont come raving that "we people" are whiny when it's the VAST DAMN majority that felt like that. Something IS probably shit if such a huge majority dislike something and it doesn't make it right for us, just because you and 22 others liked it! But superhappy that you like facebook-games, now just let me (and other) dislike what we want yeah? You know, our personal opinions??!