Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What did you think about Warcraft: Chronicle?

Really cool book. Some video's of reading's exist on YouTube, I personally can not Wait for Volume 2.

I don't think it should have taken Blizzard this long to release a constructed and cohesive map of lore though, they made some pretty massive retcons and broad changes in order to finally establish set in stone lore, which is cool and all- it just shouldn't have taken quite so long to do.

Not interested in it.

It is somewhat more logical than the in-game lore (which is the entire point - the chronicles are trying hard to tie it all up), but there is a lot of silliness and pretense at grandeur. It is not a good read, it is a mish-mash of ideas competing between themselves for who is the most epic. Boring.

If the chronicles didn't have the name of Blizzard stamped on them, everybody would roll their eyes at the text and think of it as one more creation of some crazy fan with nothing particularly distinguishing or worth remembering.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-02-25 at 07:07 AM.

what the hell is that video lol

If you want to post a video about WoW, there's already other thread about it.

Anyway - wtf with that weird voice(whispering) and also fat fingers.

Her channel looks like a dream for creepy pedophiles.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-02-25 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

Anyway - wtf with that creepy voice and fat fingers.
    I think shes trying to do asmr?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, asmr channel. Certain people, myself included, get pleasant chills down our spine and in our scalp that relax us when we listen to certain auditory and sometimes visual cues. It has not been scientifically proven to even exist, but It does, and it really relaxes you. I listen to them occasionally to fall asleep. If you listen/watch them too often you can become desensitized to it and will have to wait a few weeks/months for the full effect to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think shes trying to do asmr?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, asmr channel. Certain people, myself included, get pleasant chills down our spine and in our scalp that relax us when we listen to certain auditory and sometimes visual cues. It has not been scientifically proven to even exist, but It does, and it really relaxes you. I listen to them occasionally to fall asleep. If you listen/watch them too often you can become desensitized to it and will have to wait a few weeks/months for the full effect to return.
    Okay, not going to lie - I heard about this first time. But still it creeps me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, not going to lie - I heard about this first time. But still it creeps me out.
    Its actually a very tame Asmr video. I could link you videos that would probably give you nightmares. Just so you know, its not sexual at all. Its all about relaxation/stress management.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway - wtf with that weird voice(whispering) and also fat fingers.

Her channel looks like a dream for creepy pedophiles.
    Im just gonna leave this here.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a very tame video, but thought it might look weird to you. Anyways, sorry for derailing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It is somewhat more logical than the in-game lore (which is the entire point - the chronicles are trying hard to tie it all up), but there is a lot of silliness and pretense at grandeur. It is not a good read, it is a mish-mash of ideas competing between themselves for who is the most epic. Boring.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say anything like that. Yeah, the writing is so-so (lots of word repetition with shit like 'epoch' and others), and it reads very much like an amateur high fantasy (because that's what it is) but it's not bad. It's just a somewhat shame that it's taken them so long to try and establish an actual lore base to their canon.

If the chronicles didn't have the name of Blizzard stamped on them, everybody would roll their eyes at the text and think of it as one more creation of some crazy fan with nothing particularly distinguishing or worth remembering.
    Now you're just entering nerdrage territory lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Also a very tame video, but thought it might look weird to you. Anyways, sorry for derailing thread.
    Video itself isn't even really ASMR, despite being made by someone who makes ASMR videos. I thought it was cool what they were doing (reading it, setting it to music, etc) but I knew there'd be a lot of asslords (most of them not even speaking straight English) that would wiggle out of the MMOChampion dirt and make a bunch of stupid 'wtf so weird cringe asmr dumb' posts ((Despite the fact most of these tools will watch it anyways and enjoy ASMR)).

Also if you want some weird ass ASMR, get yourself some Ephemeral Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Now you're just entering nerdrage territory lol.
    Try and show a piece of chronicles to someone who doesn't know about them without saying where the piece is coming from (ie, to a WoW player who quit a couple of years ago) and ask what they think about it. You will hear something like this: "wtf??? is that fan fiction?"

Try and show a piece of Chronicles to someone who doesn't know about them without saying where this is coming from (ie, to an old WoW player) and ask what they think about it. You will hear something like this: "wtf??? is that some fan prose?"
    Alright buddy, keep the nerdrage flowing. Meanwhile, I'll prefer to give it a more reasonable opinion. I'm not saying Chronicle is great or anything, it's the dreamworks of- sort of like you put it- people who are on the writing tier of WoW fans. But you harbor some unreasonable hate for it, despite the fact all it's doing is reasserting a lot of lore the canon already had (albeit with some retconnings here and there), so what makes this so bad compared to the lore we've had in game for a decade now?

If you were saying all WoW lore was shit, I'd happily tip my hat to your opinion, but you're trying to say the Chronicle book is shit compared to the already established canon, and that's just blatant nerdrage towards Chronicle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hells bells man! That video is the funniest thing I have watched in a while! Good lord above!

Digital style! Digital dancing! Hey this is fun!

Alright buddy, keep the nerdrage flowing. Meanwhile, I'll prefer to give it a more reasonable opinion.
    Instead of writing pointless posts about how I am supposedly nerdraging, try doing what I suggested - show a piece of chronicles to someone who would not be able to guess that it is Blizzard's creation. I would bet money that they will think it is just another fan fiction. (In fact many people who know that chronicles come from Blizzard say that they are on the level of fan fiction - and pretty average one.)

Instead of writing pointless posts about how I am supposedly nerdraging, try doing what I suggested - show a piece of chronicles to someone who would not be able to guess that it is Blizzard's creation. I would bet money that they will think it is just another fan fiction. (In fact many people who know that chronicles come from Blizzard say that they are on the level of fan fiction - and pretty average one.)
    If I showed Chronicle to anyone who didn't know what Chronicles was, they'd think it was actual lore from Blizzard. Your attitude is tiring and I am not baiting this further.

If you were saying all WoW lore was shit, I'd happily tip my hat to your opinion, but you're trying to say the Chronicle book is shit compared to the already established canon, and that's just blatant nerdrage towards Chronicle.
    I said nothing of the sort. I said chronicles are "somewhat more logical than the in-game lore ..., but there is a lot of silliness and pretense at grandeur" and ultimately they are a boring mish-mash.

- - - Updated - - -

If I showed Chronicle to anyone who didn't know what Chronicles was, they'd think it was actual lore from Blizzard. Your attitude is tiring and I am not baiting this further.
    Try it instead of theorizing. Take an excerpt of text and ask people what they think. Count seconds until "wtf did I just read, did you write it yourself? you have a lot to learn".

7+ Year Old Account
    Really cool book. Some video's of reading's exist on YouTube, I personally can not Wait for Volume 2.

I don't think it should have taken Blizzard this long to release a constructed and cohesive map of lore though, they made some pretty massive retcons and broad changes in order to finally establish set in stone lore, which is cool and all- it just shouldn't have taken quite so long to do.

Chronicle only had *1* retcon in it. They retconned the relationship between Aegwynn and Nielas Aran. The prior lore said he was basically some random conjurer at Stormwind's court that she just seduced to make Medivh and didn't care about him otherwise. The new lore has him as a member of the Tirisgarde and them legit falling in love with each other, and him becoming a conjurer at Stormwind after. That is the only retcon in the book.

Contradicting fan assumptions is not a retcon btw.

There was nothing to dislike about the book (cept the price tag).

Thumb nailed turned me off. Video presentation is a lost art.

Not a fan of retconning ever.

This is the book that rewrites Azeroths history so they can sell movie tickets and more video games; right? Sorry I mean, rebrand itself for a more contemporary audience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Not a fan of retconning ever.

This is the book that rewrites Azeroths history so they can sell movie tickets and more video games; right? Sorry I mean, rebrand itself for a more contemporary audience?
    It doesn't rewrite Azeroth's history. There is *1* retcon in the entire book, and it involves Aegwynn and Nielas Aran.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It doesn't rewrite Azeroth's history. There is *1* retcon in the entire book, and it involves Aegwynn and Nielas Aran.
    Fair enough; I am probably labouring under the misaprehension that it follows the plot of the movie (it is after all trying to reconcile all the random lore threads that exist and they spent an awful lot on that movie to have it be "not cannon") which is very much retconned (to fuck, even). I'll be the first to admit I've not read it though, so perhaps it hasn't gotten that far yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.