Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    I'm not sure if you're willfully obtuse or if this is just who you are. Two relatively equally skilled players will have a DPS delta if one has BiS leggos and the other doesn't. There's no "play better". There's no "do mechanics better". There is nothing you can do to overcome that delta. This is the problem with the system. Being removed from the "race"(really shitty analogy btw) because of something you can't control is neither fun nor good design. It's the antithesis of both.

This is not about topping meters. It's about being unable to perform to your own standards due to RNG.
    i've noticed my ret pala doesn't do so well with only the belt, retri is great when you've popped wings, other wise it seems pretty mediocre. I dunno if one more legendary is going to give me an extra 100-200k single target dps, i doubt it, some fights like botanist with aoe spec seem really great but on single target fights i might be able to hit 350k dps. seems pretty average to me. aoe fights its more like 500k or so, that is with my alt 872.

350-400k dps seems to be the middle ground dps perhaps the lacking one legendary dps. I haven't played dps enough to get a good overall feel of what is average for me. perhaps when i get a second legend, and reach 890 ill have a better idea.

Yea this legendary system is garbage, the fact that you never want to equip 70% of the legendaries for your spec in ANY situation is asinine and I don't understand why they refuse to admit that. The source of frustration is the fact that 7/10 of these legendaries for nearly every single class would never be equipped under any circumstance if people had a choice because mathematically and experimentally they fall behind the top 3 legendaries in every situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Some players (I am one of them) can't get over being 'forced out of race' (between people of the same class) due to what LFR decided to drop last week.

Call it a personality flaw if you want to, but yea :/
    Well then it is a personally flaw We all have some kind of the with WoW, like i have a persoanlly competition with my girlfriends guild/raid and it budges me, while it does not really have an effect on my gameplay or game experience

But that really makes it a personal problem and not a game problem. Blizzard can do very little to stop us from having these battles and if they did something to remove these battles, something else would proberly lost with it and the game would be poorer because of that.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I wholeheartedly encourage people to continue venting, despite the majority of the replies completely missing the point and failing to understand the mindset of those who are frustrated by the system. Keep making threads, keep complaining.

Blizzard aren't very likely to properly fix the system this expansion, but if there's enough consistent outcry we might be able to salvage the next one from similar shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    Yea this legendary system is garbage, the fact that you never want to equip 70% of the legendaries for your spec in ANY situation is asinine and I don't understand why they refuse to admit that. The source of frustration is the fact that 7/10 of these legendaries for nearly every single class would never be equipped under any circumstance if people had a choice because mathematically and experimentally they fall behind the top 3 legendaries in every situation.

whats asinine is that they've created a system that rewards you over time with different bits of gear that you can swap in and swap out over the course of the entire expansion and the main complaint is 'I want the best ones now'.

entitlement much.

as much as blizzard supports and wants mythic raiding, they cannot support ppl ploughing through the content as fast as they reasonably can. sure a mythic race exists, its not how 99% of the players are playing the game.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-25 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    snip
    So, you are lucky enough to have 4 piece set on multiple characters with decent ilvl and complain that you are not lucky with legendaries drops? Allright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    I wholeheartedly encourage people to continue venting, despite the majority of the replies completely missing the point and failing to understand the mindset of those who are frustrated by the system. Keep making threads, keep complaining.

Blizzard aren't very likely to properly fix the system this expansion, but if there's enough consistent outcry we might be able to salvage the next one from similar shenanigans.
    There is no way they can even contemplate taking the system forward with "use this legendary in every situation" without a targeting system.

Unless they make all legendaries utility (that might have incidental DPS gains).

Like a melee with 10% movement legendary, yes it's a DPS gain but you can't really quantify it, and that is a perfect legendary.

The perspective changes when you're working on content that demands specific amounts of damage, healing and survival. Every minute I don't use the legendarys that amplify one of those characteristics makes the fight that much harder and take that much more time to complete. We are actively trying to get realm firsts and US top rankings where possible and this drags it to a halt on a lot of occasions.
    I'm kind of curious about how many legendaries you have total on your main character... I play in a mythic guild that's nowhere near competitive levels and the majority of people have 5 legendaries, a lot have 6 and a few have 7. It's getting to that point where even with terrible luck, the good ones are just dropping by default because there are no bad ones left in the pool.

The system is poorly designed for sure, but I don't feel like it should affect a guild that pushes ranking as much since they already have to push everything pretty hardcore. I'd assume that unless you rerolled last week, your character has a lot content done and a pretty decent selection. Mythic progression races also tend to be done by people who are severely undergeared for it. Even with split raids it's unlikely that everyone will have their BiS gear but they still manage to push through it in a week or two.

Seems you got 2 decent ones, 1 crap one.

I've got 1 decent one and 2 crap ones.

This whole legendary thing reminds me of the kid who went ballistic because his parents bought him the wrong colour iPhone.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    I'm kind of curious about how many legendaries you have total on your main character... I play in a mythic guild that's nowhere near competitive levels and the majority of people have 5 legendaries, a lot have 6 and a few have 7. It's getting to that point where even with terrible luck, the good ones are just dropping by default because there are no bad ones left in the pool.

The system is poorly designed for sure, but I don't feel like it should affect a guild that pushes ranking as much since they already have to push everything pretty hardcore. I'd assume that unless you rerolled last week, your character has a lot content done and a pretty decent selection. Mythic progression races also tend to be done by people who are severely undergeared for it. Even with split raids it's unlikely that everyone will have their BiS gear but they still manage to push through it in a week or two.
    This is one of the worst replies (no offense), you can summarise it as "you can't be THAT unlucky surely?"... Well, imagine how bad it feels to be that unlucky, have that many and still neither of your BiS, one of which is a make your rotation feel better legendary.
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2017-02-25 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    In rapid succession, my Paladin, Shaman and Warlock all received legendaries that are unusable.

Pally got Justice Gaze, which I will not and cannot replace my 890 tier with, so instead I keep the Boots on, another legendary that does nothing for me.

Shaman got Akainu's Absolute Justice, which do nothing at all and have low/poor stats.

Warlock got the Pillars of the Dark Portal which again, can't replace my 875 tier pants with because the 4 piece is too useful.

Now this is just annoying, but it can be said that "Your next one can't be those, so it will be more useful" Except I'm in deep. I've put a ton of hours on each of the characters keeping up with the Mythic progression schedule we keep and can say I'm only 'barely' on par with the number of legendarys I've received. In fact there is roughly a 4 week gap between receiving them and this means that I won't be likely to see whats next until well after this current raid is over.

This also means that according to the new rules for legendarys being added, I am actually behind for all other specs since I have literally all the cross-spec/class legendarys putting me skewed towards lower chances to get my next for any spec I need to.

I'm so freakishly annoyed at how this system works and just need to complain somewhere. Never in my life have I seen a system that is very much working against the player and a company so adamant that it's the players fault and not theirs.

Bottom line. This system sucks.
    I wouldn't call this unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    So, you are lucky enough to have 4 piece set on multiple characters with decent ilvl and complain that you are not lucky with legendaries drops? Allright.
    Lucky? No luck about it. I spent a lot of time farming all the difficulties available to me. Did so with players I know to ease the randomness a bit. I spent time and got rewarded.

I wish the same could be said about the legendaries, but alas here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky? No luck about it. I spent a lot of time farming all the difficulties available to me. Did so with players I know to ease the randomness a bit. I spent time and got rewarded.

I wish the same could be said about the legendaries, but alas here we are.
    Getting multiple random drops from bosses is as much about luck as about getting legendaries, sorry to break it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Well then it is a personally flaw We all have some kind of the with WoW, like i have a persoanlly competition with my girlfriends guild/raid and it budges me, while it does not really have an effect on my gameplay or game experience

But that really makes it a personal problem and not a game problem. Blizzard can do very little to stop us from having these battles and if they did something to remove these battles, something else would proberly lost with it and the game would be poorer because of that.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? No one cares about your personal dilemma of whatever the fuck you do outside of collecting flowers. This discussion is obviously not aimed at you nor your kind of players.

Next time a thread pops up with a casual scrub crying about not being able to complete Balance of Power inside LFR I'll have my fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting multiple random drops from bosses is as much about luck as about getting legendaries, sorry to break it for you
    Except that legendaries have certain drop chances associated with them.

Deleted
    Tier has 1 dice. You're guaranteed to get x amount of drops when you kill the boss with the dice rolling on what item drops.

Legendaries have 2 dice. A super low dice to get a drop at all, and then a dice of which one you get.

Legendaries should have of those dice removed, either targeted legendary and RNG drop or predictable drop (a grind/quest chain etc) with RNG legendary.

This isn't a pity parade. There is a legitimate problem with the game and people like you who derail this topic by saying "Get over it" or comparing just false information to prove an incorrect point only lets this issue stay hidden.

This. System. Is. BROKEN.

If you disagree then you very obviously either got bailed out by luck or are a 1 hour a week type of player who is not who they should cater to in the slightest.

Deleted
    It's a fucking shit fest of RNG which is the worst thing a game can provide for anyone.
    Competitive PvE ? No, because RNG at the player level and at the boss level.
    Competitive PvP ? No, because RNG can kill someone in 5sec of great luck, or you can do nothing to a guy for 15min of bad luck

Answer ? More grinding. Well, fuck off. If I'm better than 95% of people but perform in the 85% cause these fuckers have good luck, it's a fucking flawed system.
    And maybe you don't care about performing, I don't give a shit, I do care. I'm not satisfied about being mediocre when I know I could be great if I had better luck.
    I'm at my 4th useless legendary and I'm fucking tired of that shitty system.

RNG is a fucking retarded thing to have in a game if you want it to be any kind of competitive whatsoever. And this expansion is ENTIRELY based on RNG (legendaries, warforged, procs, %chance to , etc..). This system has never been flawed to that extent, it's ridiculous.

And the time and money invested in a character to be able to play at a good level are so important that you basically can't change.

The frustration is becoming more important than the fun, and at this point I think it's time to stop.

the game has always been about rng how dense can you get..

I didn't complete all my tier sets when they were current, i didn't get every trinket or loot drop that i wanted off each boss, there were items that didn't drop at all. rng loot has been a thing since the beginning.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-25 at 04:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    the game has always been about rng how dense can you get..
    If this many people are unhappy with a system you can't, in good conscience sit there and say the system is fine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    If this many people are unhappy with a system you can't, in good conscience sit there and say the system is fine?
    There are also people happy with this system. There are always people who dislike something.