Page 54 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I would send people who "suffer" because of a video game to see a psychiatrist.

Ion obviously has the bigger picture, which all of you refuse to ackowledge. The World of warcraft doesn't revolve around you, or mythic raiding for that matter. And your claim that it is, i cite, "50% of the content", shows how delusional you are. I don't do pvp or pet battles, but i don't complain that they are in game, for some players seem to enjoy it.
    Right, and Ion's bigger picture is this: stay subbed and pay, and shut up about the grinds that we put between you and the content you actually want to do, we put them there because we want you to stay subbed and pay on the way to your carrot.

One great bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Right, and Ion's bigger picture is this: stay subbed and pay, and shut up about the grinds that we put between you and the content you actually want to do, we put them there because we want you to stay subbed and pay on the way to your carrot.

One great bigger picture.
    So Blizzard wants people to stay subbed? Shocking! Here, have a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    I just flat out disagree with this. They have had many caps going back to the inception of the game and there was maybe a handful of people who complained about them.
    How can you know this kind of information? Really 10 people from guild and forums agreed with you and now its "all" or "handful" you have 0 info what community wants or anyone wants except 100 forum dwellers. I can say most of people hated caps because i feel like that and this is world of feelcraft.
    So who does Blizzard side with? People who don't like caps because they want to keep playing non stop and growing in power each week or those who want a cap so a person with a job and family could still reach it and be on an even playing field if they are dedicated and can make the time?
    They side with majority ofc and majority doesn't need to cap right away or it isnt forced by guild leaders to do so. You still can have job and family and raid mythic just find guild that doesn't require you to cap that fast. I mean that is what everyone suggested when they removed 10 man heroic, find new guild and problem solved.
    The fact that you want to have the system work for the small handful of people with no self control I think is telling. The hilarious part is you look at mythic raiders (all of whom are affected by this, not just the ones grinding non stop) and call them "addicts" when 99% of them would LOVE a rolling cap to be put in place.
    Ofc they would like cap because then there is no need for self control.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The funny thing is he was saying the same thing about "consuming content too quickly" in WoD and nobody believed him then. Even pointing out the most of the people complaining there was nothing to do hadn't finished the flying meta achievements (but wanted flying given to them anyway).

I wonder what changed.
    People went to the extreme. You did not have to play 10-12 hours aday to run out of content in WoD, but far less. Now, you actually need to do that before content runs dry. Many people don't seem to have a problem with the amount of content in the game, so it must mean that more people have been satisfied by the content amount.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I really don't. "Mythic raiders" don't have to grind anything to raid mythic. They can kill bosses in 6 weeks when they have enough gear or everyone and their mother has Level 54. They CHOSE to take part in the world first race, and clear the raid in week 2 they imposed this pressure on themselves. They knew what this means. There's months til ToS will be live. There is more than enough time. They wanted to grind this to take part in the race.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If you don't want to dedicate enough time to be in a top ten guild, then maybe look for a #100 guild. If that's too much, look for a #1000 guild. There is noone to blame but themselves.
    This is the ultimate fallback argument for Blizz no matter how they screw up.

Hey, you choose to play.

"Hey, the newest update of Battle.net sprays acid at customers. That can't be good right"

"Psshh...blame yourself, you're the one who chooses to install it."

So Blizzard wants people to stay subbed? Shocking! Here, have a medal.
    Fanboy more.

You said that there is a bigger picture and I told you what it is. They delay and slow everyone down because they get money on a per-month basis. If you find no issues with this, be my guest.

Hey, you choose to play.

"Hey, the newest update of Battle.net sprays acid at customers. That can't be good right"

"Psshh...blame yourself, you're the one who chooses to install it."
    That's really all there is to it. Blizzard wants people to play. People choose to play. They have made grave mistakes with WoD, now they have a better system in place that keeps people busy. If you don't like it, unsub. If there's enough people who think like you, they'll notice. If there aren't, tough luck, look for another game that you like better. People really have to stop to think that Blizz is responsible for their bad judgment and choices.

Fanboy more.

You said that there is a bigger picture and I told you what it is. They delay and slow everyone down because they get money on a per-month basis. If you find no issues with this, be my guest.
    No, really, do you feel smart for stating the obvious? People pay as long as they feel entertained. So Blizzards aim is to keep as many people entertained for as long as possible. Nobody cares about your skewed perspective. If there were millions of people who disliked the system, they would have changed it in a minute. They have the numbers, we don't. So their decisions are obviously better informed than yours or mine.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-02-25 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    People went to the extreme. You did not have to play 10-12 hours aday to run out of content in WoD, but far less. Now, you actually need to do that before content runs dry. Many people don't seem to have a problem with the amount of content in the game, so it must mean that more people have been satisfied by the content amount.
    Content has already dried out back in November.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    According to some people, you get to experience it all over again, if only you change specialization on your character. Because doing the exact same stuff you were doing before, except now with less powerful character and only slowly getting in back on the same level is "good content". Such a simple solution, it's amazing Blizzard didn't think of it earlier.

Maybe they should go back to their vanilla roots and introduce honor Artifact Power decay - that way you'd never run out of content. Say, losing one trait each spec per week or two and having to regrind re-experience the content once more.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2017-02-25 at 03:19 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    For you maybe. Don't know why tho Nearly all of the players that i meet are doing content, which they enjoy. Maybe you are missing out on something
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    According to some people, you get to experience it all over again, if only you change specialization on your character. Because doing the exact same stuff you were doing before, except now with less powerful character and only slowly getting in back on the same level is "good content". Such a simple solution, it's amazing Blizzard didn't think of it earlier. Maybe they should go back to their vanilla roots and introduce honor Artifact Power decay - that way you'd never run out of content.
    Yeah, amount of lunatics who think that Sisyphus led a happy afterlife with neverending content is terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    For you maybe. Don't know why tho Nearly all of the players that i meet are doing content, which they enjoy. Maybe you are missing out on something
    Maybe because running same dungeons more than ten times is not funny, unless they are designed good (spoiler alert: in Legion they aren't).
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, amount of lunatics who think that Sisyphus led a happy afterlife with neverending content is terrifying.

Maybe because running same dungeons more than ten times is not funny, unless they are designed good (spoiler alert: in Legion they aren't).
    I personally like alot of the current dungeons. Sure i hate Neths lair, but the others are quite entertaining Also, it is very rare, that i do 1 specific dungeon 10 times a day I try to varify my playtime with diffrent content and different characters, which does end up making alot of content more enjoyable over time

Also having 2 guilds, who does raiding at 2 different lvls kind of help with keeping things fresh Every other day brings a new raiding experience with it

But it mostly seems like you have some big gripe with Legion, so i hope that you have found another game which could fill your time and which you enjoy

Deleted
    In WoD everyone cryed that there was nothing to do besides playing multiple alts. Now you guys have to invest some time in your characters and QQ again.
    Thats why i love the WoW community. Always asking for the complete opposite.

No, really, do you feel smart for stating the obvious? People pay as long as they feel entertained. So Blizzards aim is to keep as many people entertained for as long as possible. Nobody cares about your skewed perspective. If there were millions of people who disliked the system, they would have changed it in a minute. They have the numbers, we don't. So their decisions are obviously better informed than yours or mine.
    Do you not see issues in making people do content they dislike doing because the pay model is per-month? Maybe they should try doing more content that people like doing instead, no?

There are likely millions of people who dislike the system, they will leave the game in droves same as in WoD (this is already well underway), just wait.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-02-25 at 03:49 PM.

worst systems in game history and he wants to look at why guild leaders are to blame. lmfao. no wonder a promising xpac went down the shitter.

Do you not see issues in making people do content they dislike doing because the pay model is per-month? Maybe they should try doing more content that people like doing instead, no?

There are likely millions of people who dislike the system, they will leave the game same as in WoD, just wait.
    I must have missed the news about Blizzard forcing people at gunpoint to play a game they hate. I heard they even have TO PAY FOR IT!

The mature thing to do would be to voice your opinion on the official forums and unsub. If there are enough people who think alike, they will notice. But don't throw a tantrum if they don't. Find another game and move on.

It is pretty obvious the majority enjoys the game. Blizzard has succeeded where everyone else has failed. Star Wars, Wildstar, The elder scrolls online, you name it.

Not for normal non-elitist adult people with work and hobbies, it hasn't.

Edit: I forgot to mention that that's 95% of the playerbase.

Pretty much and obviously absurdly retarded considering the myriads of easy solutions that would have next to zero impact on the pleb masses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Not for normal non-elitist adult people with work and hobbies, it hasn't.
    Don't know if it gets more "non-elitist" than logging in two days a week for a couple hours and still be done with everything but continuing an at this point endless grind.

I must have missed the news about Blizzard forcing people at gunpoint to play a game they hate. I heard they even have TO PAY FOR IT!

The mature thing to do would be to voice your opinion on the official forums and unsub. If there are enough people who think alike, they will notice. But don't throw a tantrum if they don't. Find another game and move on.

It is pretty obvious the majority enjoys the game. Blizzard has succeeded where everyone else has failed. Star Wars, Wildstar, The elder scrolls online, you name it.
    Good argument - since they aren't forcing people to play at gunpoint, and the servers didn't close yet, the game must be good.

They just lost half of the players in WoD and might lose half of what remains in Legion. Such a good game. But you keep fanboying and pretending that whatever they do is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    No they aren't. If you are retarded enough to play a game for 80!!!!!! hours a week, then you're fucking laughable and need to get a grip and reality check.
    They are laughable because they do not represent an idea that is even remotely the same in concept. Maybe at 1st glance they are alike, but when you put thought behind them, they are no where near the same thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    It is not necesarily be like that. In any important competition if you don't keep training you will fall behind the ones who continually do so. If you want to be chess #1 and you just play 2 times a week another brilliant player who plays 5 seriuos games a day will have higher chances to win you.

Ok, in WoW you need that gear, but the result is the same, if another player is equally skilled than you but more dedicated he will get your spot. You have a choice, you can get your best preparation (farming legs and ap, or training in your sport) spending lots of time to be on the very top or you can go more casual, fall behind, and let others who are really dedicated get the FK you want to have without moving a finger.

This is competition, not a kids party where we all win.
    Not really sure if you are agreeing with me or disputing the example. Either way, my analogy is more closely tied to the concept of WoW than the one I replied to.