Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    RAM recommendations are usually if someone tries to do more than just have the game open at the same time as it, such as a browser with a couple dozen tabs. I've yet to see any game actually use anywhere near 16GB of RAM.
    The most I've seen is Black Desert ( a pile of garbage optimisation wise ) which sometimes goes as high as 4GB of Ram.

No way in hell can this game go anywhere near requiring 16 GB Ram unelss it's a worse port than goddamn Arkham Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    RAM recommendations are usually if someone tries to do more than just have the game open at the same time as it, such as a browser with a couple dozen tabs. I've yet to see any game actually use anywhere near 16GB of RAM.
    I have had GalCiv3 use 12 GB of RAM on an insane map size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the same requirements as Battlefield 1 which I can play on high on a fairly weak system.

Battlefield 1:

The minimum spec:

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
    Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
    Memory: 8GB RAM
    Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
    Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
    Hard-drive space: 50GB

The recommended spec:

Processor (AMD): AMD FX 8350 Wraith
    Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
    Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
    Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
    Available Disk Space: 50GB

And I have an i5 6600K
    16GB RAM
    GTX760 x2 in SLI mode.
    Windows 10

Granted I only run it in 1080p though. I think EA/Bioware is basing it on higher resolutions.

- - - Updated - - -

And btw, the game has gone gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    PC Requirements released:

Well... Fuck... I got issues with downloading upgrades to my video card and CPU. Also have only 6.0 GB ram. RIP ME.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Same reason they removed tactics in Inquisition, streamlining and making it easier to play on consoles.
    Except they did not.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Well... Fuck... I got issues with downloading upgrades to my video card and CPU. Also have only 6.0 GB ram. RIP ME.
    You could just download more ram on the internet..

You can make some cheap upgrades and play it, ram wouldn't cost ya much for example.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope the reqs are copypasted from Battlefield 1, because how the hell else can consoles play it?

1060 3GB / 16GB RAM / I7 as recommended?

What the hell.

Sounds like some wonky optimisation.
    For a AAA title in 2017? You realize that's recommended, right? Those specs are basically the quintessential, "Gaming computer." It's asking for a good i7 and a 970. The only thing that's a little high is the RAM, but it seems a lot of newer games are starting to ask for 16GB, again recommended. Even if someone's on a budget the minimum requirements are super generous. The 660 is like 4 or 5 years old at this point.

Same reason they removed tactics in Inquisition, streamlining and making it easier to play on consoles.
    But tactics were in Inquisition? Even if there are console downgrades, visually or gameplay related, people need to get over it. No AAA developer is making a $50+ million game that can only run on PC except Cloud Imperium Games. This coming from someone who is planning on running Andromeda at 1440p/80+ FPS.

Deleted
    I've played the witcher 3 on ultra with mostly 50-ish fps, wonder if my specs can handle andromeda lol

I2500k 3.4ghz (Actually, I think it goes up to 3.9 or 4.1 when i game, not too sure)
    GTX 970
    8 gigs of ram.

what do you guys think?
    Last edited by mmoc44651b4f01; 2017-02-25 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinea View Post
    I've played the witcher 3 on ultra with mostly 50-ish fps, wonder if my specs can handle andromeda lol

I2500k 3.4ghz (Actually, I think it goes up to 3.9 or 4.1 when i game, not too sure)
    GTX 970
    8 gigs of ram.

what do you guys think?
    Should be good for high+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Should be good for high+.
    Thanks for the reply.

A question though, how is that possible when I barely meet the minimum requirements?
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com
    That tells me my pc fails on every aspect lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply.

A question though, how is that possible when I barely meet the minimum requirements?
    First of all, the 2500k is quite a spectacular cpu, and it is similar to the i5 6500, even for its age.

Your video card is similar, if not marginally better than a 1060 6 gb.

8 gigs of ram is what 95% of people have right now so you should be good.

Second of all, if you can run Witcher 3 on ultra at 50ish fps, you can be damn sure it can run any modern game on high fps and high settings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    First of all, the 2500k is quite a spectacular cpu, and it is similar to the i5 6500, even for its age.

Your video card is similar, if not marginally better than a 1060 6 gb.

8 gigs of ram is what 95% of people have right now so you should be good.

Second of all, if you can run Witcher 3 on ultra at 50ish fps, you can be damn sure it can run any modern game on high fps and high settings.
    once again, thanks for the help

Just changed my CPU OC profile to 4.8ghz aswell, so that should help a little one can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikusu View Post
    For a AAA title in 2017? You realize that's recommended, right? Those specs are basically the quintessential, "Gaming computer." It's asking for a good i7 and a 970. The only thing that's a little high is the RAM, but it seems a lot of newer games are starting to ask for 16GB, again recommended. Even if someone's on a budget the minimum requirements are super generous. The 660 is like 4 or 5 years old at this point.

But tactics were in Inquisition? Even if there are console downgrades, visually or gameplay related, people need to get over it. No AAA developer is making a $50+ million game that can only run on PC except Cloud Imperium Games. This coming from someone who is planning on running Andromeda at 1440p/80+ FPS.
    My issue isn't with the specs. It's with specs that will result in graphics worse than [insert game that is way better optimised here and looks better]. I doubt this game will have physics on the level of Witcher 3 for instance ( ruffled animal fur, trees swaying in the wind ).

I can play Witcher 3 on High/Ultra and I doubt I'll be able to play this game on the same settings, while I also doubt it'll look better than TW3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait. Drack is from Nakmor clan? The same Nakmor, who send thier ambassador to Wrex in ME2? http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Nakmor_Drack

Awesome. :P

This game better look insane graphics wise with those recommended specs, if not, holy shit the awful optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikusu View Post
    But tactics were in Inquisition?
    Not really, they were simplified and reduced to a few check boxes. Tactics in The first two games had much greater potential and use, it really had that "create your own AI"-feeling which I just loved. And if you added mods which expanded upon the tactics system you could create some of the best AI behavior ever seen in a video game. I was so sad to see it so neutered in Inquisition.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Is there any Free Trials for BF1 or anything else recent Frostbite stuff? I wanna do a performance check.

Thanks for the reply.

Because that website isn't really accurate. They told me I couldn't even run Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 (WTF) yet I could run both at 1080p, medium graphic settings, at about 30-40 FPS. I don't aim for 60 so I'm fine with that. And I'm pretty sure I will be able to run Andromeda, unless it's a complete disaster in terms of optimization.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a i5-3570k 3.40ghz and a 780 evga. I'm sure I'll be able to run the game fine, though likely not on ultra. But I guess its time to plan for a rig upgrade. Thankfully I'll likely only need new mobo, cpu, and gpu. I planned on a new gpu in the next year or two anyways.

I run Witcher 3 on ultra at 1680x1050 and don't notice any issues, so I'm sure its just over stating.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Well I quess I just have to see how my LGA 1155 socket CPU handles this shit...

Jobless fucker as I am, I can't dish out 500€ for new Mobo and CPU.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-02-25 at 07:34 PM.