Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of people wanting to ban a symbol of oppression has never left me disappointed. Banning burkas for the sake of Western values makes about as much sense as eating a cannibal to reduce the population of cannibals.

Pretty sure LePen sees the irony, she isn't as thick as Trump - she just knows that this narrative appeals to less logical people, which are her main electorate.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Give examples. Also specify the punishment for not complying.
    I already gave examples and the punishment is about as severe as this was in lebanon, you don´t get to meet certain people. Pretty cruel, right?

It's a part of French history. Today's France is secular. Unlike Lebanon.
    That doesn´t make it not expected under catholic rules?

No it is not the same thing. Apparently you know as little about Christianity as you do about Islam. Catholicism doesn't require women to cover their heads outside of their homes and churches, like Islam does. And Christians sure do not stone "rebellious" women to death.
    Apparently you don´t understand what this is about. I never said catholicism does (unless talking about nuns of course).
    Hadd offences are not part of lebanons state law. So how is this related?

Gee you really do know much more about christianity and islam than i do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I already gave examples
    You did not.

That doesn´t make it not expected under catholic rules?
    France is not under catholic rule. And there's not a single catholic rule that demands women (who are not even nuns) to cover their heads outside of a church. Not to mention it being a part of French culture. It is not.

Apparently you don´t understand what this is about. I never said catholicism does (unless talking about nuns of course).
    Hadd offences are not part of lebanons state law. So how is this related?
    Apparently you got confused because it's you who don't understand what this is about. In French culture there's nothing about women covering their heads. So your claim that Mufti just followed expectations of French culture is a piece of guano.
    Gee you really do know much more about christianity and islam than i do.
    Yes, I do.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2017-02-24 at 12:50 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ok?? .....
    .....Ok. They don't have to respect you, but you have to respect them! Gotcha.
    Working on my next ban.

15+ Year Old Account
    You did not.
    post #476

France is not under catholic rule. And there's not a single catholic rule that demands women (who are not even nuns) to cover their heads outside of a church. Not to mention it being a part of French culture. It is not.
    It´s a catholic rule not specific to france. And catholicism is very much a part of french culture, considering 60% are catholic. Why do you keep talking about outside of churches? No one demanded of Le Pen to cover her head anywhere apart from meeting the grand mufti.

Apparently you got confused because it's you who don't understand what this is about. In French culture there's nothing about women covering their heads. So your claim that Mufti just followed expectations of French culture is a piece of guano.
    I never claimed that mufti followed expectations of french culture, i said there are comparable expectations in french culture, so claiming he didn´t respect french culture is nonsense.

Well if you claim catholicism is not a part of french culture yes, but as it is, no.

Yes, I do.
    You certainly don´t.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    post #476
    Nothing about French culture there. Are you confusing religious practices with cultural customs? Stop.

It´s a catholic rule not specific to france.
    France is a secular state. Catholic rules do not define French culture.

I never claimed that mufti followed expectations of french culture, i said there are comparable expectations in french culture, so claiming he didn´t respect french culture is nonsense.
    You contradict yourself in one sentence. I don't even...
    Well if you claim catholicism is not a part of french culture yes, but as it is, no.
    Catholicism is not part of French culture. It's part of French history. French culture is pretty secular like the state. Some French people are Catholic Christians/Other Christians/Jews/Muslims/Atheists/Whatever. That is all.

Don't mix Religion with Culture. In the past Religion had affected the French culture. It doesn't now. And not everything Catholic has stuck around in the French culture. Apparently no head covering in French culture.

You certainly don´t.
    You are in no position to make such claim.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    nonsense
    Ok, if you insist catholicism isn´t a part of french culture, you´re right.

Anyway your comparisons were wrong and you nit picked yourself into being right. /golfclap

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, if you insist catholicism isn´t a part of french culture, you´re right.
    What do you mean "insist"? It's the fucking fact. If Catholicism (the religion) were a part of French culture it would mean that any French person who is not Catholic defies French culture and is only French by birth.

Some Catholic (Christian really) stuff MADE it into French culture historically (Christmas for instance). No head coverings though. Which is the only relevant part here.
    Anyway your comparisons were wrong and you nit picked yourself into being right. /golfclap
    Whatever makes you happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean "insist"? It's the fucking fact. If Catholicism (the religion) were a part of French culture it would mean that any French person who is not Catholic defies French culture and is only French by birth.

Some Catholic (Christian really) stuff MADE it into French culture historically (Christmas for instance). No head coverings though. Which is the only relevant part here.
    Saying the catholic church isn´t part of french culture is laughable. There are comparable head coverings in catholicism. Again, the covering of head isn´t required in lebanon, but it is when you meet the grand mufti.

she's against gay marriage, so she's shit.

but, i do respect any woman that refuses to debase herself with that wretched symbol of evil. good on her.

i would have taken it and burned it, but refusal is good enough i suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

but, i do respect any woman that refuses to debase herself with that wretched symbol of evil. good on her.

Look right here about Catholic head coverings for women

15+ Year Old Account
    snip
    So she did cover her head when visiting the pope.

I like your idea better than hers. The notion that people need to tell other people what kind of hat to wear, and where they wear it, is just ridiculous.

We need to make hat bigotry a thing of the past.

any symbol that marks you as lesser than a man, is a symbol of evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brilliant political move. Of course it is preposterous to think in the 21st century a woman should be forced to conceal those womanly features she was born with. How about the left stop appeasing the neanderthal anti-female fantasy in these Islamic countries, thereby not granting the right wing very easy, and very cheap, free points?
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-02-25 at 05:14 PM.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    any symbol that marks you as lesser than a man, is a symbol of evil.
    Weird kind of wording, why is a symbol only evil if it marks you as lesser than a man?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Brilliant political move. Of course it is preposterous to think in the 21st century, a woman should be forced to conceal those womanly features she was born with. How about the left not appeasing the neanderthal cult's in these Islamic countries, and not giving the right wing easy, and very cheap, free points?
    Those neanderthal cults aren´t unique to islamic countries...

Weird kind of wording, why is a symbol only evil if it marks you as lesser than a man?
    it's stripping the humanity from a woman. lowering her to little more than a slave.

anyone that'd willingly mark their self as lesser disgusts me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those neanderthal cults aren´t unique to islamic countries...
    Shirley, you can't be serious. Name me ONE. ONE. Non-Islamic country that has a DRESS CODE for women that includes covering up your friggin hair. I am a very bad person, but I will not force a woman to wear a hat. You can quote me on that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Shirley, you can't be serious. Name me ONE. ONE. Non-Islamic country that has a DRESS CODE for women that includes covering up your friggin hair.
    The Vatican.

All religions have some form of dress code either for women or men or both, that´s really not unique to islam.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Vatican.

All religions have some form of dress code either for women or men or both, that´s really not unique to islam.
    There is no dress code to enter the Vatican.

Literally, 2 seconds on google to prove you wrong. We aren't supposed to discuss religion anyways. So let's get back to what we can discuss. How much does a tourism Visa to Mecca cost?
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-02-25 at 05:43 PM.