Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    I love how you say that as a fact. But the truth is, those of us without bis could go the entire expansion without seeing it. That's a very real possibility.
    its possible but unlikely. lets face it with the amount of changes happening in 7.2 and most likely there will be further changes in 7.3 to guarantee everyone has what they need for the final tier. there is a lot of time and a lot of chances between then and now, ok so the legendary system fucked up the first tier, probably won't be so bad in ToS and i'm almost certain it won't be a problem at all for 7.3.

all i'm saying is the game is balanced around not everyone having bis legendaries, combined with there being a lot of time left and a lot of chances to get the ones you want. if your making progress, that is the main important factor, if progress is being made, does it really matter that you don't have your bis yet? would it help a lot, yes no doubt, but is the boss dying hinging on you having a bis legendary or not? most likely no.

the truth is there have always been ppl who wish to progress faster than everyone else and the legendaries allow that to some extent based on your luck, its still not how the majority of ppl play the game, there is only a small subset of ppl who try ploughing through mythic asap.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-25 at 06:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I'm saying 2 equally skilled mages will differ in performance based on their legendary's.
    Indeed, but that does not make them shit Just because you don't have the BiS legendary, you might have BiS other gear and that will also make a difference And even if both players are totally BiS geared except for one player not having 1 or 2 BiS legendaries, both players are still gonna do awesome dps.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And that's a problem with you and your playstyle not with the game itself.

Its the same thing Iron pointed out about Mythic Raiders. You create your own problems and need to learn to not give a fuck and not take the game as serious.
    I'll agree in some cases with this way of thinking, but since this game matters a lot to a lot of people, telling them to stop caring about something that matters to them is entirely destructive...it turns people away when the thing they care about beats them over the head with RNG and people like you saying "stop caring about the thing you care about".

The older legendaries were either quest form or rng off -1- specific boss (that's the better form of RNG here). I liked the rare boss drops, because why the fuck does some random pleb out in Odyn's leisure woods got a goddamned uber legendary? You had that 1 boss to deal with in different forms a week, thus capping your chances (and stress) of getting that certain legendary. This system is just grind grind grind grind and more grind. It's an unhealthy system that perpetuates itself.

Yes, you can say that people should distribute their time better, which is true, but you can't berate people for having a valid complaint that needlessly fucks some people over and super boosts someone else with such a disparity in terms of effort, just because of rng.

And again with the whole system being setup so that rerolling a character for a BiS is a valid strategy. It time-sinks you so hard that it burns out the consumers. I quit before it happened to me, because I still have a modicum of care for the game, but I don't want to play it when it feels like an abusive relationship. I have better things to spend my time on.

It is NOT a good system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    I just want to vent
    Then get your own blog but dont abuse mmoc

In rapid succession, my Paladin, Shaman and Warlock all received legendaries that are unusable.
    lie

I've put a ton of hours on each of the characters keeping up with the Mythic progression schedule we keep
    well you failed that, the race is over!

I'm so freakishly annoyed at how this system works and just need to complain somewhere.
    then go into the woods and talk to the trees....

Never in my life have I seen a system that is very much working against the player and a company so adamant that it's the players fault and not theirs.
    the system is ok #1 you are not part of the progression race #2 you can kill bosses without em

Bottom line. This system sucks FOR ME.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Indeed, but that does not make them shit Just because you don't have the BiS legendary, you might have BiS other gear and that will also make a difference And even if both players are totally BiS geared except for one player not having 1 or 2 BiS legendaries, both players are still gonna do awesome dps.
    One will be picked for the raid, the other won't, if their legendary is shite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I'll reword this slightly, because they'll pull the "as long as the boss dies excuse".

If you start wiping to DPS, one of them will be kicked before the other.

Sure wish I had one of these valuable set bonuses as well that I cannot ever live without.

But as a Resto having a 1.5% chance on reju tick that it bounces to someone else is.. Incredibly underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I'll reword this slightly, because they'll pull the "as long as the boss dies excuse".

If you start wiping to DPS, one of them will be kicked before the other.
    Sure, but you do that anyway, legendary or not. However, the way the current system is set up were people will be barred from raids just on account of not even having a legendary in the first place, regardless of skill or dedication is just silly. People will take it further and bring the people with the best legendaries because they will outperform a lesser legendary just because it's better, regardless of a fairly substantial skill difference...which is hardly fair.

Sure, 'fair' is a relative term in a game type that relies on rng, but the system could not be as unhealthy as this one is. Which I think is a shame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    So you only bring 1 mage to your raid, is that right? Seems like a pretty strict guild you are working with, if you are doing top notch dps, but getting benched because 1 other mage is doing more dmg then you Normally the fight is between more then just 2 players
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    So you only bring 1 mage to your raid, is that right? Seems like a pretty strict guild you are working with, if you are doing top notch dps, but getting benched because 1 other mage is doing more dmg then you Normally the fight is between more then just 2 players
    That's how mythic guilds operate. Just another sign that this thread is nothing for the kind of players like you.

Mythic guilds don't only have 20 raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

No one is debating if they are shit or not.
    .......................................................................................... ..........

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Mythic guilds don't only have 20 raiders.
    Some actually have only about 20-22 raiders That is why high attendance is often a very likeable attribute in players Also, if you are competing with +20 people, then the chance of them all having better legendaries then you are quite tiny, which again enforces, that skill and other things in general have more to do with how well you do in a raid group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    That's how mythic guilds operate. Just another sign that this thread is nothing for the kind of players like you.
    Hehe m8 this thread is not about how you become competetive in mythic guilds, its about the legendary system...A system which affects all of us Just because you want to talk about something specific, does not mean that i should follow you. I will try to keep on topic with OPs post and i will follow the discussion from there

- - - Updated - - -

No one is debating if they are shit or not.
    .......................................................................................... ..........
    But you are debating if they are worth taking to your raid. The outline of this thread is, that if you are worse then 1 other character, who is of the same class, then you are automaticly gonna get benched or kicked. I go against that and say reality is not like that.

Deleted
    No, you are posting off topic shit about personal anecdotes. The rest of this thread tries to discuss the legendary system, yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No, you are posting off topic shit about personal anecdotes. The rest of this thread tries to discuss the legendary system, yes.
    Personal anecdotes.... I just trying to give context to my views and opinions I think that saying something have more wieght if a specific experience is connected to it

But we can go directly back on topic Legendaries don't make the raider, alot of other things does, therefore the legendary system is not at fault when it comes to RNG in raiding.

Some actually have only about 20-22 raiders That is why high attendance is often a very likeable attribute in players Also, if you are competing with +20 people, then the chance of them all having better legendaries then you are quite tiny, which again enforces, that skill and other things in general have more to do with how well you do in a raid group.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe m8 this thread is not about how you become competetive in mythic guilds, its about the legendary system...A system which affects all of us Just because you want to talk about something specific, does not mean that i should follow you. I will try to keep on topic with OPs post and i will follow the discussion from there

- - - Updated - - -

But you are debating if they are worth taking to your raid. The outline of this thread is, that if you are worse then 1 other character, who is of the same class, then you are automaticly gonna get benched or kicked. I go against that and say reality is not like that.
    The outline is i will always pick up the player who is performing despite legendary's on them.
    But if i have a spot for 1 of 2 given and they are both good and one has and the other doesn't i will obviously pick the one who has them.

This is simple get it in your head.
    2 people performing and doing the task exceptionally well one has them the other doesn't = from there on the one who doesn't have them is at disadvantage always and will be sat out for progression most if not always depending on available spots of the raiding team.

There is no science here its 1+1 = 2 rest is your personal random shit posting.

Deleted
    And what's your come back when you ARE in the position where the entire DPS section of your guild all have better legendaries?

"Oh you're really unlucky, that sucks, oh well"...?!?!

hmm every guild i've been in if you had to sit out one raid you were automatically exempt for being benched on the next raid. if your benched constantly, that is called getting the shaft and not being given an equal chance to participate.

its one of the reasons i don't do mythic raiding, the requirement of a specific set of ppl, some ppl end up with no competition for raid spots and other always have competition, you get ppl that are there all the time and get most of the drops and others who miss out on most of the drops, hardly getting a chance. don't have time for that nonsense anymore, if you have a dedicated 20 dudes show up and raid thats fine, but if you've got 30 raiders and your picking and choosing who gets to raid based on what legendaries they have..

shit guild. wouldn't want to be in it. to me that is no fun, your basically just letting others decide if you get to enjoy the game or not. if i was going for a mythic raiding guild i'd want to make sure i had a spot most of the time, and if i were sitting out a raid i get picked next time. if that wasn't fair, i'd find a guild that did find it fair.

if your getting benched all the time there is obviously no room for you, the core raid team has been created and you've been left out. its not like this has never happened before.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-25 at 07:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    And what's your come back when you ARE in the position where the entire DPS section of your guild all have better legendaries?

"Oh you're really unlucky, that sucks, oh well"...?!?!
    If you are in a sitaution where every single dps in your raid/guild is all having BiS legendaries, which all gets them infront of you in dps and you are at max skill lvl, then yes you are REALLY unlucky. If you were also benched for a long period of time because of that, i would understand your frustrations and if i was in your situation, i would proberly leave my guild after some time or just quit the game. And i would also be a postion, where i would back up your rage-venting.

But then you are also in such an unlucky situation, that i don't think the system should be changed around your specific situation, since so few people experience it. You are just gonna be the very few unlucky collatoral fallout.

- - - Updated - - -

The outline is i will always pick up the player who is performing despite legendary's on them.
    But if i have a spot for 1 of 2 given and they are both good and one has and the other doesn't i will obviously pick the one who has them.

This is simple get it in your head.
    2 people performing and doing the task exceptionally well one has them the other doesn't = from there on the one who doesn't have them is at disadvantage always and will be sat out for progression most if not always depending on available spots of the raiding team.

There is no science here its 1+1 = 2 rest is your personal random shit posting.
    You are going out on only numbers, which is rare, even for some high mythic guilds. If you read some of Methods blog posts and their FinalBoss Mythic Helya interview, they say themselfs, that the hardest thing to get in raider, is actually attendance and a good attitude, not DPS.

So while i will agree, that in a total number situation, where you want the highest number as possible, you are gonna take the highest dps, but in reality, i don't think that is gonna be the cache. The same it is with performance. Raiders are often performing on different lvls and are rarely as some skill lvl or same % fight activity.

Deleted
    If you are in a sitaution where every single dps in your raid/guild is all having BiS legendaries, which all gets them infront of you in dps and you are at max skill lvl, then yes you are REALLY unlucky. If you were also benched for a long period of time because of that, i would understand your frustrations and if i was in your situation, i would proberly leave my guild after some time or just quit the game. And i would also be a postion, where i would back up your rage-venting.

But then you are also in such an unlucky situation, that i don't think the system should be changed around your specific situation, since so few people experience it. You are just gonna be the very few unlucky collatoral fallout.
    I have a raid spot because Demon Hunters are in a particularly good place at the moment and some other classes are in a particularly bad place (i only compare my DPS to others of the same class in fairness).

But yes I am the only person in my guild not to have either of their BiS.

So yea, your reply literally was "wow you're super unlucky, nothing should be changed".. Classy.