Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    How is it backfiring at the medias? The medias are having a field day, as they now get to mock Trump for being a coward.
    Simple: The medias have no way to come at him anymore.

Trump threw the ones he didn't like yesterday and today, he's removing himself from a well-known event, setting again a new precedent.

It's both terrible for democracy and an astoundingly clever way of getting back at the media's.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post

Trump threw the ones he didn't like yesterday and today, he's removing himself from a well-known event, setting again a new precedent.

It's both terrible for democracy and an astoundingly clever way of getting back at the media's.
    Or, and far more likely, he's just avoiding it because he's a coward/lady/combination of the two. You give him far too much credit.

10+ Year Old Account

The best thing Trump can give to the media is to shield himself from them, because it means the media have won. You have a strange perception of reality, my friend! If two chess players start playing a game, and then at some point one of them ragequits, who, do you think, will be deemed a victor?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Yeah see that was dumb. But I understood his concern. Trump was an incendiary figure that had been painted as "anti-Mexican" for months at that point, and the anti-Trump Mexican-hating racist meme was in 6th gear. So now a case exists that could affect his presidential hopes, and therefor the furthering of his policy on immigration, and it lands in front of a Mexican-American judge. It's not racist to think that all the factors together could bias the judge. Not because he's Mexican, but because people who have a dog in the fight could put pressure on him, including his own parents.

I feel like sometimes common sense is stymied by cries of "racism", I really do.
    But it wasn't really common sense. The guy wasn't even Mexican. It was just plain ignorant and incendiary on the part of Trump.

The problem with all of it, is that Trump brought it on himself. His actions were indefensible. Trump didn't bring up other factors, he brought up (wrongfully) that the judge was a Mexican.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    “The greatest thing I could do is shoot that ship that’s 30 miles offshore right out of the water,” he said. “Everyone in this country is going to say, ‘ohh, it’s so great'. That’s not great. That’s not great. I would love to be able to get along with Russia.

Our intentions, his intentions. But im reaching.
    Because the American people TOTALLY wants to shoot a Russian ship right?

I'm sure he went around with a poll, and asked people their opinions, and he's TOTALLY not deflecting/projecting blame on the population.
    Just like how he says he's super popular, despite the approval rating being in the lower 40%.

Yeah, you're reaching.

*shrugs*
    They'll say things about him in his face or behind his back.
    I see little difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia

I love you crazy "media" people. The funny thing is, Trump actually likes some of the media. Namely, Breitbart and Info Wars. He makes the CEO of the former his senior advisor, while undoubtedly continuing to listen to falsehoods spoken at Info Wars.

Overall, Trump doesn't dislike the media. He dislikes people who dislike him. Which is fine! The problem is when you start acting like a little brat towards said people, while also being the fucking POTUS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I love you crazy "media" people. The funny thing is, Trump actually likes some of the media. Namely, Breitbart and Info Wars. He makes the CEO of the former his senior advisor, while undoubtedly continuing to listen to falsehoods spoken at Info Wars.

Overall, Trump doesn't dislike the media. He dislikes people who dislike him. Which is fine! The problem is when you start acting like a little brat towards said people, while also being the fucking POTUS.
    Are you kidding? Trump is a star fucker as well. He loves the attention. He wakes up every morning to watch the cable news he hates report on him.

They should get Obama to come and fill in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanni View Post
    he doesn't have too. he has people for that

im sorry you don't understand what reaching is. o/
    Somehow I doubt any of "his people" actually did any research into the subject either.

And I fully understand what reaching is. Saying Clinton would have started a war, because she wasn't a spineless coward who wants nothing more than fellate Putin like Trump is, is reaching.
    I suppose that expecting any sort of intellectual honesty is too much to ask though. Sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*
    They'll say things about him in his face or behind his back.
    I see little difference.
    And he'll wake up the next morning and itll be all over cable news.

lol yeah, can't imagine any other way the media could criticize Trump now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    What exactly are his extra judicious activities that you claim would be a conflict of interest? Or non judicious activities or whatever you're going to decide to call them since you can't even be consistent for two sentences.
    He was a member of a legal professional organization for hispanics. Nothing of note and in no way a defense of Trump's racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I mean c'mon, how frickin' dumb do you have to be to give Trump and his administration any credibility whatsoever when they speak fondly of and are in support of Info Wars. Whether you're conservative or liberal, it's time to wake up.
    [video=youtube;lHbAsndSKXA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbAsndSKXA[/o]
    This is gold.

Deleted
    this dinner is a chance for democrats to get together and laugh about how they actually have fascist ideas disguised as liberal ones and make fun of the countless morons who follow their plans and call themselves liberal democrats.

redundant and Trump has more important ways to spend his time like continuing to unite the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    this dinner is a chance for democrats to get together and laugh about how they actually have fascist ideas disguised as liberal ones and make fun of the countless morons who follow their plans and call themselves liberal democrats.

redundant and Trump has more important ways to spend his time like continuing to unite the free world.
    Who has Trump united outside his base?

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    People still bashing Trump over smallest things.
    Yeah, small things like human rights, the continuation of the US as a country and the very existence of the human species.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Who has Trump united outside his base?
    He seems to be causing everyone outside his base to unite.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Not a thread on this right now, but its worth pointing out that Trump is spending the evening at his DC hotel, where the Kuwaiti government is holding an event. Some may recall that the Kuwaitis changed the venue for his event to his property after he was elected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Please make an argument about a single policy that the democrats have that you consider fascist.

More important ways to spend his time? Like going on vacation every weekend since he became president?
    very hateful response. i do not hate you friend, we are both on the same team. please do not let your political views keep deciding your opinion on fellow humans.

make your own decisions.