Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This government program is not law.
    It is a special case that the soldier disappeared or something.

Trump has no obligation to continue the previous government's back door.
    How is it a back door? It simply removed a harmful step that created uncertainties, so that soldiers going abroad would not come back to see their spouses deported. Are you seriously calling said removal a good thing, and if yes, why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    My bad, most on the left hate soldiers and veterans, so it was only a logical conclusion.
    There's a difference between the above and not being fond of the Military as an entity.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Ive never chosen my friends based on politics, so if your happy to have a lefty as a friend, of course we can
    Sweet! We can go to oktoberfest together

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens every time some hot-shot conservative steps up and starts talking about deporting the illegals. Because lets face it: ICE is lazy. They go after the easy targets. The people who are trying. The people who have registered. The people with jobs, homes, street addresses, phone numbers, ya know, the people they don't have to put any effort into picking up.

And that's why these "deport the illegals!" moves always blow up in the government's face. Inevitably you start deporting teachers, firemen, doctors, wives of these people, successful America-loving businessmen who just don't have their papers in order because our system is shit. Meanwhile, the illegal farm workers, the 2 dozen construction workers on every street corner, the people living in the ghettos? These people just disappear for a while and then pop right back up somewhere else.

But ICE wants the easy wins. The government wants the "easy wins" and what they get are upstanding people who are American in all but a rubber stamp being kicked out, families, homes and businesses destroyed because some dumbass thinks they have a mandate to get rid of the "bad hombres".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

My bad, most on the left hate soldiers and veterans, so it was only a logical conclusion.
    You're actually retarded, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Compelling argument, i am convinced of your being correct sir

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    How is it a back door? It simply removed a harmful step that created uncertainties, so that soldiers going abroad would not come back to see their spouses deported. Are you seriously calling said removal a good thing, and if yes, why?
    It is a circumvention of the law and process in which one becomes a citizen. Removal is without question shitty for those that it effects. It is however healthy for our country to do. We need people to be here legally, not existing in grey areas or in limbo. If you are committed to becoming someones spouse in a foreign country, becoming a citizen will undoubtedly be a part of that commitment.

MUUUUUURRIIICAAAAAA lol poor bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    The executive branch cannot abolish or change the law on a whim. In order for a change to happen, it has to start in congress. Last I checked the D's were stamping their feet like a bunch of 4 year olds and the R's were picking their noses after scratching their anus. The law has not changed, only it's enforcement.

The real culprit here is the lack of enforcement or cherry picking which law or aspect not to enforce. It creates a false sense of security and unreal expectations, which as you can see, can change very quickly. While it royally sucks for this to be happening to these people, this is very healthy for our country and our political system as a whole. Change cannot happen through inaction.

- - - Updated - - -

The program isn't part of the law
    So your understanding of Law and the Executive Branch is clearly minimal at best. Executive Orders, unless canceled by congressional law making or by a judge, are in fact law. I don't think you know that or are just uneducated about the USA.

Here you go, and a bit of reality for you to chew on.

Executive Orders (EOs) are legally binding orders given by the President, acting as the head of the Executive Branch, to Federal Administrative Agencies.
    Source: Fucking Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execut...United_States)
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    It is a circumvention of the law and process in which one becomes a citizen. Removal is without question shitty for those that it effects. It is however healthy for our country to do. We need people to be here legally, not existing in grey areas or in limbo. If you are committed to becoming someones spouse in a foreign country, becoming a citizen will undoubtedly be a part of that commitment.
    How is it a circumvention of the law and process? They still have to apply for citizenship proper in order to get into the program. The only difference is that they do not have to be uprooted into a country they barely know during a time when their spouse is not there for them in service of the US. They are willing to become citizens and willing to do what is necessary to achieve that. They follow the laws (unless you count having been brought to the US by their parents illegally). They registered with offices and had interviews and paperwork to join the programme. These are not undocumented illegals. They made a conscious choice to come to the government, apply properly and are simply waiting for the government to process them.
    The only limbo and grey area here comes from Trump stopping the programme. Now they are in limbo they might simply be deported along with all the bad hombres that the US apparently have so many of because kicking someone out is apparently faster and easier than the process of acquiring a green card. Before the change, they were properly integrated in the process.
    (note that, as with any program, there is a chance that some might seek to abuse it. Those people are not included in the 'they'. But the person from the article most certainly is)
    Tell me, how is it healthy to remove people that do no harm, are productive members of society, and are waiting for the government and dump them somewhere in the desert in a country they barely know? What is gained from that?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It turns out that even if you marry a veteran, you still have to fill out paperwork and comply with federal laws.

This headline is roughly the equivalent of someone that got away with not paying taxes for a long time, married a vet, got slammed by the IRS for their tax debts, then got a sympathetic media outlet to write, "Veteran's Wives will be jailed by evil IRS policy".

While I empathize with some of the individuals impacted, this is what we get when we have inconsistently enforced laws - a bizarre patchwork of people whose legal status is in limbo. Just throwing our hands up and giving them all citizenship would be a pretty radical position, so some are going to wind up deported.
    SHOCKING! You would have thought servicing servicemen made you automatic citizens!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Dude, seriously, fuck off.
    Proves the point completely. A liberal going around telling veterans and servicemembers to fuck off because they don't like our opinion and point of view.

This is not an uncommon view in the military, either. We know that liberals resent us. We know that they can't stand people who have sacrificed everything to actually defend freedoms. We don't just bitch and moan about things on the internet, no, we actually did our fucking duty. And what they hate the most is that the vast majority of us think they're a bunch of crybaby losers who are wrong on everything politically. They hate that the most dutiful and true citizens actually think they're a bunch of morons.

Liberals have shit on veterans and active duty service members for the longest time. At first it was very public hate and resentment, but now it's much more quiet and passive aggressive. The agenda hasn't changed though, as the Obama administration proved, and as the rest of the Democratic party has proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Proves the point completely. A liberal going around telling veterans and servicemembers to fuck off because they don't like our opinion and point of view.

This is not an uncommon view in the military, either. We know that liberals resent us. We know that they can't stand people who have sacrificed everything to actually defend freedoms. We don't just bitch and moan about things on the internet, no, we actually did our fucking duty. And what they hate the most is that the vast majority of us think they're a bunch of crybaby losers who are wrong on everything politically. They hate that the most dutiful and true citizens actually think they're a bunch of morons.

Liberals have shit on veterans and active duty service members for the longest time. At first it was very public hate and resentment, but now it's much more quiet and passive aggressive. The agenda hasn't changed though, as the Obama administration proved, and as the rest of the Democratic party has proven.
    You done? Need a Kleenex?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Again, another liberal insulting a servicemember due to a very common point of view. Keep it up!

Again, another liberal insulting a servicemember due to a very common point of view. Keep it up!
    If you want to keep confusing criticizing individuals as having a problem with soldiers in general go right ahead, but its a dumb look.

Indeed brother

- - - Updated - - -

Another example of a veteran hating leftist.

Indeed brother

- - - Updated - - -

Another example of a veteran hating leftist.
    Did you like everyone you worked with in the military?

Deleted
    Why would I be crying? Trump's President, Congress is controlled by Republicans. My army is about to be my army again. Not some social justice experimentation machine, but the real army again! Not only that, but more soldiers are coming in, meaning we'll need more NCO's. Good for me, pal, can't wait to get that e-5 pay. And shit, lets not forget the bonuses that are coming around right now! And the inevitable pay raise! Buddy, if anything, I'm excited! My bank account is going to be bigger pretty soon

Why would I be crying? Trump's President, Congress is controlled by Republicans. My army is about to be my army again. Not some social justice experimentation machine, but the real army again! Not only that, but more soldiers are coming in, meaning we'll need more NCO's. Good for me, pal, can't wait to get that e-5 pay. And shit, lets not forget the bonuses that are coming around right now! And the inevitable pay raise! Buddy, if anything, I'm excited! My bank account is going to be bigger pretty soon
    No, it was more a commentary on the public masturbation you were engaged in.

Deleted
    If you want to keep confusing criticizing individuals as having a problem with soldiers in general go right ahead, but its a dumb look.
    Lol, again here we are insulting soldiers. It's okay, bro, we'll all just keeping voting Republican