Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    What the fuck are you even saying?

But okay, I'll take that as you spouting nonsense that you can't even attempt to back up with an actual argument.

i am sorry you feel the need to use such tactics. i hope you find what you are looking for.
    Last edited by mmoca301a8f416; 2017-02-26 at 02:58 AM.

Deleted
    I was looking for an actual argument from you rather than just saying liberals are the true fascist.

Am I not being politically correct enough for you? Do you want a fucking safe space?
    don't agree with what i said. attack me with offensive language? Fascism.

What statements would be "harmful to whites"? Yes. It would be racist to do such a thing. Seriously, you're asking if it would be racist for a racist to ask for a judge of the same color as him. Fuck dude. Think a bit.
    Sometimes I think the meaning of "racist" is really, really broad. Like, there's, "I hate Mexicans, they are inferior people," and then there is, "I have a lot of policy positions that affect Mexican people, and this judge is Mexican, so I wonder if he might be biased against me." The first one is the "racist" that almost everyone thinks of and is easily called racism, and is pretty vile. The second, I can see the argument for calling it racism under the broad definition we have, but I don't think it's anywhere near the depravity of the first, or depraved at all. I feel like this is an important distinction.

This is the same distinction not being made that prevents us from, for example, profiling, which in countries where it's life or death, like Israel, they engage in as a matter of course.

But because everyone thinks of the first example and not the second, if you call someone a racist for any reason, they are automatically extremely vile human beings, even if their actual conduct has nothing to do with hating ethnicities.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-26 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    We all know Trump is on his own little war against the mainstream media. And now he is supposed to kiss and make up for the night, pretend to be friends, and make silly jokes with them? It would be disingenuous of him. He decided not to attend this year, but he still wished them well, and to have a good time.
    You mean like every other President has done since Coolidge began the tradition in 1924?

Trump is not special when it comes to the media. Every President has had problems with the media. Fox News treated Obama worse than any media outlet has treated Trump for 8 years and he still showed up to the dinner and traded jokes with them.

The last President to skip it was Ronald Reagan because he had just been shot. But even then he called in to the event.

Face it, Trump is only skipping it because he does not have the capacity to deal with the roast portion of the event. Plus its a Saturday so he'll probably be busy playing golf like almost every other weekend since he was elected.

Deleted
    Why are you saying they affect mexicans? I thought they only affect illegal immigrants? Why would the judge care about illegal immigrants? Are you assuming that's the case because of his race?

I have no idea what your second statement is even attempting to say.

How am I fucking attacking you? By using the word fuck? It's not like I'm saying "fuck you". Context matters. Don't be such a snowflake and admit you have no real argument.

There's nothing to agree or disagree on. It's a fact that there are no liberal policies that could be logically considered fascism.
    you just keep picking random comments and coming up with strawman arguments. i see now you are trolling. have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Sometimes I think the meaning of "racist" is really, really broad. Like, there's, "I hate Mexicans, they are inferior people," and then there is, "I have a lot of policy positions that affect Mexican people, and this judge is Mexican, so I wonder if he might be biased against me." The first one is the "racist" that almost everyone thinks of and is easily called racism, and is pretty vile. The second, I can see the argument for calling it racism under the broad definition we have, but I don't think it's anywhere near the depravity of the first, or depraved at all. I feel like this is an important distinction.

This is the same distinction not being made that prevents us from, for example, profiling, which in countries where it's life or death, like Israel, they engage in as a matter of course.

But because everyone thinks of the first example and not the second, if you call someone a racist for any reason, they are automatically extremely vile human beings, even if their actual conduct has nothing to do with hating ethnicities.
    Not to point out the obvious, but assuming someone is biased because they're Mexican and you're taking a stand against illegal immigration(thus implying that the Mexican judge does not care about the law because many illegal immigrants are Mexican) is racist as fuck.

Why are you saying they affect mexicans? I thought they only affect illegal immigrants? Why would the judge care about illegal immigrants? Are you assuming that's the case because of his race?

I have no idea what your second statement is even attempting to say.
    The majority of illegal immigrants originate from Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    This is hilarious.

Journalists said they'd blacklist the event and withdraw themselves from it as a way to pressure Trump and continue the propaganda against him.

Now Trump's the one removing himself.

I couldn't dream of something better that could backfire at the medias, again.

PS: This comment is unrelated with the overall idea that I have about Trump and the medias. I think Trump's stupid to use his power against the medias, but it's still satisfying to watch. Bittersweet would be the right word.

I agree. It's funny how reporters were getting told they should skip the event to be brave and because it was an unimportant event, and now Trump decides to skip it and everyone calls him a coward. If Trump was attending and media people said they were skipping would these same people be calling the media cowards for not attending? Just shows that the only thing that matters is your political leanings and most seem to be hypocrites because they judge both sides differently

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Not to point out the obvious, but assuming someone is biased because they're Mexican and you're taking a stand against illegal immigration(thus implying that the Mexican judge does not care about the law because many illegal immigrants are Mexican) is racist as fuck.
    Many people on the other side of the issue don't see it as anti-illegal immigration, they simply call it "anti-immigration". This view is much more prevalent than you might think. The illegality of it is either removed entirely from the discussion, or is downplayed to being akin to not having the right documents.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, but why do you think the judge cares about illegal immigrants? Because the majority of them are mexican and he is mexican?

That would be racist of you to say.
    I didn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Many people on the other side of the issue don't see it as anti-illegal immigration, they simply call it "anti-immigration". This view is much more prevalent than you might think. The illegality of it is either removed entirely from the discussion, or is downplayed to being akin to not having the right documents.
    A confusion which stems from Donald Trump blasting all Mexicans that come to the United States in his initial speech declaring he was running for President.

Also, he and his followers very anti-immigrant(except the white ones... they're okay) and if you can't see that you're just being obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Just shows that the only thing that matters is your political leanings and most seem to be hypocrites because they judge both sides differently
    That's sort of the purpose of judging; sorting out the sides. /shrug.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Right, but if you're assuming the judge considers it just "anti-immigration" based on his skin color or heritage, you're racist.
    This goes back to my distinction I posted earlier.

Then why bring up that the majority of illegal immigrants are from mexico? Why is that relevant?
    Because you asked why Trump's policies on immigration would affect Mexicans, and I responded that the majority of illegal immigrants are from Mexico. But as to your question, "Okay, but why do you think the judge cares about illegal immigrants?", I didn't say that I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump wont be there?

Maybe actual celebrities will show up now.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    A confusion which stems from Donald Trump blasting all Mexicans that come to the United States in his initial speech declaring he was running for President.

Also, he and his followers very anti-immigrant(except the white ones... they're okay) and if you can't see that you're just being obtuse.
    Most people should be able to understand that he meant illegal immigrants in that speech.

Mage21 trying to downplay what racism "really means."

This is a serious epitomization of the problem.

Also, when the onion is trusted for news more than infowars and barely less than Breitbart, there's a pretty serious ignorance problem in this country.

Again though, if the judge doesn't care about illegal immigrants and only legal immigration, then what does it matter that the majority of illegal immigrants are mexican?

No. He should speak better so it's not left up to interpretation. After all, he has the "best words".
    Communication is definitely an issue for this administration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephah View Post
    Mage21 trying to downplay what racism "really means."

This is a serious epitomization of the problem.

Also, when the onion is trusted for news more than infowars and barely less than Breitbart, there's a pretty serious ignorance problem in this country.
    I'm not trying to downplay it. Do you not see a difference between, "F**k those wetbacks. Go back to Mexico." and, "I've been critical of Mexican immigration, I hope this Mexican judge isn't biased because of that." In one case the person hates Mexicans, in the other case, they don't. This is a distinction worth sussing.

People are against this because they can weaponize the word. If someone is guilty of the second example, they can be labeled with the first.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-26 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry but this is pretty pathetic of him.
    Hi

Okay but you're talking about the hyperbolic version of racism and what racism actually is.

The racism you're describing is incredibly overt and over the top racism, which is downplaying actual racist comments.

Racism doesn't just mean, "F*** these people." It can also mean having security pay more attention to black people and no one else.

The problem is that I actually agree with you, that there are instances that aren't racist that are being conveyed as racist because of reaching. The bigger issue to me, is that there are numerous situations that aren't that, the one you're discussing being one of them.

Edit:

Racism has pretty much never meant exclusively outward extreme hatred. The fact that you're trying to portray it that way is why I'm saying you are downplaying.

Quote Originally Posted by zephah View Post
    Okay but you're talking about the hyperbolic version of racism and what racism actually is.

The racism you're describing is incredibly overt and over the top racism, which is downplaying actual racist comments.

Racism doesn't just mean, "F*** these people." It can also mean having security pay more attention to black people and no one else.

The problem is that I actually agree with you, that there are instances that aren't racist that are being conveyed as racist because of reaching. The bigger issue to me, is that there are numerous situations that aren't that, the one you're discussing being one of them.

Edit:

Racism has pretty much never meant exclusively outward extreme hatred. The fact that you're trying to portray it that way is why I'm saying you are downplaying.
    I think that most people, when they hear the word "Racist!", think of the first version. They think of some guy who hates Mexicans/blacks or whatever race it might be. They think of the KKK, they think of white supremacy, and so forth. We might just have to disagree on this one, but that's what I think.

And because of that, I think the term needs more expanding. Because that first version is pretty damning, a terrible indictment on character, while the other can be a personality shortcoming that can be addressed through education, etc.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-26 at 03:45 AM.

He skin is so thin it's mind numbing. His war on media will only make it worse for him. I feel like he'll snap when he realises his bans will only make them intensify their jabs at his shady actions and theleaks.
    Crying false news will be his downfall.

Cherise is proud of being ignorant. Typical Trump supporter.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-26 at 05:32 AM.