Deleted
    Wanted to give an update for the system requirements with my spec:

I2500k 4.8gh
    8gig ram
    gtx 970 4gig.

Ive just been playing the bf1 demo for about 3 hours, everything on ultra, 1920x1080 and the lowest my fps would go was 59.
    So for anyone worrying with a similar system, seems like we'll be more then fine for andromeda.

I know andromeda's requirements are a bit higher, but it's the same engine and fairly close system requirements.
    Was atleast for me the best way to figure out if i can even run andromeda atm.
    Last edited by mmoc44651b4f01; 2017-02-26 at 11:40 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Remember the ME3 demo, uploaded a few weeks before the game release? It was a bug-ridden mess. MEA stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirilla View Post
    BULLSHIT! MEA stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Are you really this naive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I don't know I had no issues with ME3 demo.
    See? I just omitted the MEA stuff in my post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phinea View Post

I2500k 4.8gh
    8gig ram
    gtx 970 4gig.

Ive just been playing the bf1 demo for about 3 hours, everything on ultra, 1920x1080 and the lowest my fps would go was 59.
    So for anyone worrying with a similar system, seems like we'll be more then fine for andromeda.

I know andromeda's requirements are a bit higher, but it's the same engine and fairly close system requirements.
    You OC your CPU, mate. Most people don't do that.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    See? I just omitted the MEA stuff in my post.

- - - Updated - - -

You OC your CPU, mate. Most people don't do that.
    I realise that, but its only done with a profile setting in the bios + a 30 pound cooler.
    Its probably the easiest and safest way to get more out of the i2500k for the non techs like myself

also: So for anyone worrying with a similar system <-- emphasys on that part =]

Quote Originally Posted by Phinea View Post

I2500k 4.8gh
    8gig ram
    gtx 970 4gig.

Where I can find this BF1 demo? I have i7 2600K and 1070 so I would like to test it too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Where I can find this BF1 demo? I have i7 2600K and 1070 so I would like to test it too.
    It's on origin, but I think you need origin acces.
    Origin acces has a 7 day free trial now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Are you really this naive?
    There has yet to be a Bioware game that didn't have mediocre animation work.

It's perfectly reasonable to assume what's going into the trailers for marketing is what the game will be full off, given how lacking Bioware's past games were on the matter.

Mass Effect 3 has shown that they have no QualityControl, so I expect the worst. Could be a 2nd DA3.
    You are seriously going to judge an entire game based solely and exclusively on the last 5 minutes of it? Mass Effect 3 had top notch quality control, that game is a flawless masterpiece of perfection, both in single player and multiplayer. Its one and only flaw is exclusively and entirely in the horrible ending, by which this is neither the first, nor the last game to have a shitty ending (Deus Ex Human Revolution was also a great game plagued by a crappy ending)

If Andromeda ends up being at least as good as ME3 when it comes to gameplay, I'll be satisfied. If its plot ends up being as good as ME3's with as many emotionally wreching moments (again, shitty ending notwithstanding) I'll be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Fair enough; I don't use gameplay-altering mods ever, so I hadn't considered that. Is it worth buying two expensive hardware pieces though?
    Really? never? not even in skyrim? because I'm from the view that no matter how good a game developer is, there are always improvements that can be done to the gameplay of ANY game, hence why I vastly prefer to play games in a PC.

That said, is it worth buying 2 expensive pieces just for a game? Well, that's far too subjective for me to answer. It depends far too much on the individual and how s/he desires the game in question, how well off financially the person is, and whether or not they already have the console to begin with. Me, at the risk of sounding like a snob, try to avoid console games except for when I have no other choice (Example: Exclusive titles like The Last of Us, or Uncharted, which will never see the light of day on PC)

Consoles used to have a clear advantage over PCs a few years ago (Namely, the friendly "plug and play" nature of them that required no installation, among others). But these days, consoles are just expensive, less powerful PCs. They have all the disadvantages of a PC, all the disadvantages of a console, and zero possibility to upgrade them, or modify the games in their library. What you have is what you're getting. Look at the poor saps who got Fallout 4 for PS4, and got stuck with what's inarguably the worst version of the game.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    The last 5 Minutes of a Game? These shitty Endings ruin all the 3 Games! If you know no fucking decision you ever did makes any difference for the Ending, that ruins everything! Look at the ME2 Ending, that was great! Either everyone dies or everyone lives - or some die!

How can someone shitty like that get through QA? If you let 100 Players play that, I bet 99% would have said "WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT!". Literally a cut to black would have been a better Ending ._.

I expect Mass Effect 4 to be a shitty "We try to cater to as many people as possible"-Game. And BioWare typical, obviously no even the smallest thing that could offend anyone. So you get your GayLords, your Asiens, your Blacks ...I bet for a 50% Gayquota - again!

If you think this will be a great Game, you will be in for a huge disappoitment!

The last 5 Minutes of a Game? These shitty Endings ruin all the 3 Games! If you know no fucking decision you ever did makes any difference for the Ending, that ruins everything!
    True as that may be, that's still the last 5 minutes of a game. And if you let a shitty ending ruin an entire thing for you, you have a weaker core than most. The game itself is extremely enjoyable, and the ending, I disregarded it entirely. For me, the game ends with the citadel party, and after that, I have my own head-canon.

To put this in an analogy: Wrath of the Lich King also had a very shitty ending. The bad ending automatically sours the entirety of the expansion and nullifies all the fun I had in it? fuck no, Ulduar is still the greatest raid ever made, and leveling up in northrend is still the best thing ever, the battle for UC is still one of the most (if not THE most) memorable event in wow for me.

To use a different analogy: Game of Thrones has been what I consider the greatest TV show I've ever seen in my life. I've enjoyed every minute of it. And I'm eagerly looking forward to the next season. If, hypotetically, the last 20 minutes of the final episode of the final season completely shit all over the show, being an anti-climactic, boring, asinine ending that fails to provide any closure or satisfaction, will that sour the entirety of the other 79+ hours of entertainment I've gotten from the other episodes? Fuck no.

ME3 had an absolute shit of an ending. Undeniable. Irrefutable. But it only ruins the rest of the series if you let it. For me, nobody can ruin the thrills I had from start to finish. Nobody. Not even bioware themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

And BioWare typical, obviously no even the smallest thing that could offend anyone. So you get your GayLords, your Asiens, your Blacks ...I bet for a 50% Gayquota - again!
    Ohh, you're one of "those".

Okay, not touching this one.

- - - Updated - - -

I am wondering one thing:

The Mass Effect Andromeda demo will only be available with Origin Access (Unlike the demos of ME3 or Kingdoms of Amalur..... ggrrrrr). However, Origin Access has a trial period of 7 days.

If I activate that trial period say.........2 days before the demo goes up, will I be able to play the Andromeda demo?
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-02-26 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

I am wondering one thing:

The Mass Effect Andromeda demo will only be available with Origin Access (Unlike the demos of ME3 or Kingdoms of Amalur..... ggrrrrr). However, Origin Access has a trial period of 7 days.

If I activate that trial period say.........2 days before the demo goes up, will I be able to play the Andromeda demo?
    I was thinking about that, but I decided to just not even bother. I would just spend the whole ten hours fucking around with the character creator and then get mad.

Deleted
    BULLSHIT! The Game is finished since month ago. The last few month of development is just bugfixing and optimization. And are you really that retarded to think they would let a glitch into a Trailer? They cut out everything that doesn't make the Game look great in any Trailers. They just thought it wasn't that bad and now they see how people were shitting the horrible facial animations and try to change something last second or at least tell people its "bugged" and they will fix it for release AKA "DONT CANCEL YOUR PRE-ORDER!"...
    The game went gold on the 24th of february: https://twitter.com/bioware/status/8...715072/photo/1
    Hence it's only been finished for two days.

They are also working on a day one patch for the game, that they are planning to have available for the pre-launch and pre-load the week before launch:
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/...play-and-more/
    Also, installsize will be about 55 GB on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I was thinking about that, but I decided to just not even bother. I would just spend the whole ten hours fucking around with the character creator and then get mad.
    Not me lol, with the character creator on the demos of DA:2, and ME:3, I only spent like 5 min in them, before I just jumped into the content, since I knew that when the game launched I'd have to do all of it again.

This will go double-true for the Andromeda demo since we can only play it for 10 hours, and I'm not sure if they're gonna be dicks about it and make the time spent downloading the damned thing count as part of the 10 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The game went gold on the 24th of february: https://twitter.com/bioware/status/8...715072/photo/1

They are also working on a day one patch for the game, that they are planning to have available for the pre-launch and pre-load the week before launch:
    That does mean shit! I don't know why they even release such useless "News". Going "Gold" was a big thing back in the 90s when you could not Patch Games. But now they release buggy Messes and most likely never fix them. Something like Facial Animations were done long ago. As I said the last few month are only Bugfixing and Optimization, nothing major is going to change before Release.

They better have copied the DA3 Char-Editor, because I'm definitely not using one of these ugly Premades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

"Going gold" is only a term for that's it locked into the release date and that they've started printing the discs to ship out to retailers.

It doesn't mean much in regards to what state the software on that disc might be in, with how readily patchable console games have become, aside from the fact it must've hit a feature freeze a couple months prior in preparation for releasing.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    "Going gold" is only a term for that's it locked into the release date and that they've started printing the discs to ship out to retailers.

It doesn't mean much in regards to what state the software on that disc might be in, with how readily patchable console games have become, aside from the fact it must've hit a feature freeze a couple months prior in preparation for releasing.
    It does mean it has all known critical bugs (crashes, show stoppers, etc) fixed. players of course in their great numbers will do a lot more "testing" than any QA possibly could and find more critical bugs and then blame Bioware for releasing buggy game on purpose.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    It does mean it has all known critical bugs (crashes, show stoppers, etc) fixed.
    Well aren't you the cutest li'l believer. Almost like they aren't owned by EA.

Yeah, with EA nothing is certain about the game's state.

With month left till release, they have to decide upon a build to be printed on the discs. They have mere weeks left to print out millions of discs and distribute them worldwise.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were certain issues that needed to be patched in at launch.

Not that it affects me in the least, I never really get to play games on launch day, since due to my crap-tastic connection, downloading a 55 gb game would take me at least 5 days at best.

That's more than enough time for any day 1 patches to also finish downloading.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an Xbox One. So it is a 80 dollar purchase versus a 1200 dollar purchase. Although the main thing is I play a great deal of my games from my PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Really? never? not even in skyrim? because I'm from the view that no matter how good a game developer is, there are always improvements that can be done to the gameplay of ANY game, hence why I vastly prefer to play games in a PC.
    Let's say I don't particularly trust any gameplay-altering mods with leading to a decent balance. With the vanilla versions, at least, you know that the gameplay you are going to have has been tested extensively by countless people, and even though there are still flaws, bugs and exploits, it is unlikely to be worse than what an amateur-made mod has produced.

I don't mind using mods improving textures, fixing glitches, restoring the cut content and so on, but nothing that alters the actual gameplay/balance. Even playing Skyrim SE right now with no mods whatsoever, I enjoy the game a plenty.

---

Regarding the demo, are you going to be able to keep the save from it and to continue playing, when the full game is released? Or do you have to start from the very beginning?
    Last edited by May90; 2017-02-26 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.