Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Convince me to return to Azeroth

Hey all! I've played WoW since vanilla, on and off, and used to be a raid leader/tank for a Top 5 guild on my old server in BC/WotLK, skipped raiding in Cata, did Mythics in MoP, and skipped raiding in WoD. I bought Legion, levelled to 110, got overwhelmed with the amount of end game quests in Suramar and the other repeatable quests, and quit. I maybe did one dungeon, and obviously I'm very behind on my artifact. I probably played a whole 2 weeks before quitting.

Recently, I've been having urges to come back and finding a guild to (eventually) raid mythics with. Is it too late to come back? If I were to come back and rush gear/AP/etc, would I even be able to gear up for this current tier, or even be ready for next tier? Basically, how easy/hard would it be to play catch up at this point?

Obviously, I know you could care less if I return or stay away; but I'm just looking for your thoughts on how I would fare as a newly levelled 110. I've been reading the forums, etc, and I always see the negative side of why people are quitting and/or unhappy with Legion; but what are the positive reasons why you'd come back if you had quit? What makes the gameplay in Legion exciting for you?

Anyway, any helpful input is appreciated! Ty!

Thanks to JustintimeSS for the awesome sig!!

No. /10char

Deleted
    Its not worth it to play WoW right now. Its boring as fuck, probably even more boring than WoD unless you like griding for useless stuff and do the same shit 100x!

There are no reasons to come back so do not bother. You will just make a new thread in a few weeks titled something like "Convince me to stay in Azeroth" whining about why you should stay. People like you is why the game is in the shape it is. Blizz caters to the Whiners.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MelodicAssassin View Post
    Hey all! I've played WoW since vanilla, on and off, and used to be a raid leader/tank for a Top 5 guild on my old server in BC/WotLK, skipped raiding in Cata, did Mythics in MoP, and skipped raiding in WoD. I bought Legion, levelled to 110, got overwhelmed with the amount of end game quests in Suramar and the other repeatable quests, and quit. I maybe did one dungeon, and obviously I'm very behind on my artifact. I probably played a whole 2 weeks before quitting.

Recently, I've been having urges to come back and finding a guild to (eventually) raid mythics with. Is it too late to come back? If I were to come back and rush gear/AP/etc, would I even be able to gear up for this current tier, or even be ready for next tier? Basically, how easy/hard would it be to play catch up at this point?

Obviously, I know you could care less if I return or stay away; but I'm just looking for your thoughts on how I would fare as a newly levelled 110. I've been reading the forums, etc, and I always see the negative side of why people are quitting and/or unhappy with Legion; but what are the positive reasons why you'd come back if you had quit? What makes the gameplay in Legion exciting for you?

I don't want to make you suffer through Legion's attrocious features, don't return don't be like that man, some people care for their fellow gamer, the fanboys don't they just care about listening to their Blizzard overlords, they usually arrive shortly after you write the words blizzard fanboys and click post.

But before they arrive and try be smart, not much has changed, you still have the usual speedrunning dungeons with no challange whatsoever, everyone spamming AoE and just killing everything without brain function required.

Legendaries dropping left and right and only RNG gods decide If you get a good one and become helpful to your guild, and even then you have to run a thousand Maw of Souls over and over and over again just to have enough Artifact Power to remain competative and useful to your raid buddies.

Legion Is a grind upon a grind, I wouldn't recommend It. Blizzard thought Grinding is what we liked, well yes, to a point with fair mechanics In place and systems to stop us from wasting our time. Don't get me wrong, not like Vanila/tbc/wrath was better (Although I still prefer those three rather than Legion. My likeness of expansion Is as follows: TBC - Wrath - Vanilla - Legion - Cataclysm - Pandaland - WoD ). But It had good features that Blizz didn't work upon and If It did we'd have a well balanced game In my opinion. And... go fanboys.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2017-02-26 at 02:45 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    LUL people think legion is a grind, lmfao, try other mmos mate.
    because it is?
    legion, and wow in general is a grind, like pretty much all MMOs ever.

Formerly known as Arafal

How about you convince yourself instead. I have never quit WoW outside of life events that have physically prevented me from playing, so someone like me that has always enjoyed the game will be unable to convince someone with a weak fleeting sense of entertainment such as you to play it.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Gotta love all the negative feedback.

Game is in the best state it has been in years! Give it a go, seriously. Ignore the naysayers.

The dudes above are like "It's boring! It sucks! Bleh bleh bleh"... yet they probably have >60d played at level 110.

You shouldn't need convincing if you want to play then play if not don't go play another game or do something else.

Deleted
    Look man... it's not really a threadworthy subject. You're just going to get troll answers.

Only you can decide if you like the game or hate it. It's simple as that. Subjective decision.
    None of us have any idea what you like. We don't know.
    So asking us to convince you is just really, really stupid.

It's as simple as this:
    1) Do you feel like playing the game?
    2) Can you afford to buy the game and the monthly sub without it forcing you into bankruptcy?

If the answer to both is yes - then give it a go. You get 30 days of game time. It's plenty to figure out if you'll like it or not.
    If the answer to either one is no - well.. then it's probably not worth coming back.

Simple as that. It's not rocket science or a huge mystery to be solved. Try it out. Then you'll know.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will drop my opinion, but remember it is just my opinion, no need for attacks.

No, I wouldn't just to raid, you will find yourself frustrated and spending a lot of time trying to catch up, however if you have the time, then go for it.

If you just want to play to have something to do, you'll find yourself enjoying Legion, it isn't a bad expansion, but it is the first with the new artifact system and legendaries, so yes it needs work, but they will get it figured out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is legion more grindy than vanilla/TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    because it is?
    legion, and wow in general is a grind, like pretty much all MMOs ever.
    Yeah but compared to Asian MMOs WoW is child's play. Of course that doesn't make those MMOs better. I'm just referring to the sense of the grind.

Also OP the decision remains with you. Problem here is everyone has their own opinion and that's all it is. Even me. Personally I think Legion is good. I'm just not fond of the Legendary system or the amount of RNG dumped onto gear. Like I said just my opinion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-26 at 02:59 PM.

I can convince you to not return, if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    LUL people think legion is a grind, lmfao, try other mmos mate.
    I liked grinding in Vanilla and TBC, but this is just a waste of time. Why would I ever grind AP... its just a complete waste. Same for the Gear, you have to grind endless amounts to get lucky with Titanforging. In Vanilla and TBC you got your setitem and it was the best you could get and you were done with that Slot...

The whole Titanforging System is just horrible and its only in there for the Casualscrubs, so Blizz can say "But you could get a Titanforged 925 Item in the Retardfinder..."

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Is legion more grindy than vanilla/TBC?
    If you want multiple legendaries/High AP (pretty much required for mythic NH raids) etc. yes it is.

Don't even get me started on offspecs or alts.

Vanilla/TBC, beyond initial leveling and/or rep grinds, raids were just that, 1 clear a week, done.

Legion has multiple difficulties, endless mythic+ and rng upon rng. Of course it all depends on the type of guild and their requirements.

A normal/heroic mode guild has much less harsh tuning/AP compared to a Mythic one (especially the later NH bosses).
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-26 at 03:02 PM.

Don't come back. The lead designer just insulted a wide swath of mythic guild/raid leaders for playing by the idiotic rules his team is responsible for. The dev team is off the rails, COMPLETELY out of touch, and arrogant and egotistical on top of it.

The game is the biggest grindfest it has ever been, classes have been gutted and most rotations consist of 3-4 spells or abilities, and the raids and dungeons while good are certainly not worth the hassle of putting up with all the extremely poor design decisions that have been made.

Sorry if you wanted to hear something different but we live in a time when frankly there are just MUCH better games out there that are more worth your time.

If you need convincing, especially from random forum folks, then it's probably unwise to get back to the game, since it would appear it would be only to regret it a while after.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Gotta love all the negative feedback.

Game is in the best state it has been in years! Give it a go, seriously. Ignore the naysayers.

The dudes above are like "It's boring! It sucks! Bleh bleh bleh"... yet they probably have >60d played at level 110.
    I quit in early october when I had 2 months of game time left. The exodus of players has been MASSIVE since launch. Good try though.

I played on and off through Mists of Pandaria, mostly off and tried the beginning of Warlords of Draenor and unsubbed due to I just didn't like it - that was around the first raid Highmaul.
    I didn't plan on coming back to World of Warcraft but someone suggested I try Legion. I do enjoy it. More so than other expansions bar Wrath of the Lich King and some of Cataclysm. It has it down sides but I can honestly say, that is down to how I've changed and how my life is. Before I could mindlessly absorb myself into the game and now I don't and enjoy other things in life, I've gotten older.

My suggestion is maybe watch some twitch or other things and see how you feel. It could make you interested or continue to be something you don't want to play.