Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    Actually that is their earnt reputation. Their last console WiiU was over priced as is this. In the EU they were also fined for price fixing and artificially inflating prices for games .

Given the specs and kit with the console. Its vastly 'over' priced.
    What you are talking about is not cheaping out.

http://nintendoeverything.com/what-t...ay-one-update/

Nintendo Everything got in touch with Nintendo and got info on the day 1 patch.

• add network features, including eShop access, online gameplay, and sharing images with social media.
    • Link Nintendo accounts
    • allows you to use hotspots by opening up a web applet to access them

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Pre-orders are limited but that doesn't mean that all of the switches that will be available have already been claimed there might be some available to walk in customers on launch. That is what I'm hoping for at least since the pre-orders are all sold out in my area as well.
    Sadly, my gamestop wont even have any on launch day. I am wondering if anyone will.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

that seems to confirm we dont need the app for online play then since the app doesnt come out anytime soon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that seems to confirm we dont need the app for online play then since the app doesnt come out anytime soon
    I don't think it has ever been a concern that it would be needed for general online play, only that it would be needed for online social interactions like chatting and voicechat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Sadly, my gamestop wont even have any on launch day. I am wondering if anyone will.
    spoke with my local GS here the other day, and they say they have a small stock (5-ish) for walk-ins.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-02-26 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    spoke with my local GS here the other day, and they sai they have a small stock (5-ish) for walk-ins.
    My friend is still a DM for Gamestop and it sounds like his store is flat out lying to him. Probably something shady going on with the employees there looking to flip.

Every Gamestop should have a handful of extras like you said yours does.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait the Wii U version of Zelda has the miiverse but switch doesn't...

Wii U confirmed definitive version.

I can't even imagine how much lamer the hub world for Splatoon 2 will be without the miiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

I can't even imagine how much lamer the hub world for Splatoon 2 will be without the miiverse.
    It was annouced a little awhile got that The Switch won't have Street Pass or Miiverse.

http://venturebeat.com/2017/01/13/ni...or-streetpass/
    Fans of some of Nintendo’s more unique features may be in for a disappointment with the Switch.

Neither the Nintendo 3DS’s StreetPass feature or Nintendo’s social network Miiverse will appear on the company’s new Switch console. That’s what David Young, Nintendo of America’s assistant manager of public relations, told GamesBeat today at the Switch event in New York City.

“I can answer that we’re not going to be using Miiverse for Nintendo Switch,” Yong said when asked about the feature today.

Young said that the lack of StreetPass plays into the idea of the Switch as a home console, not a portable system (even if it offers on-the-go playing). Miiverse is Nintendo’s take on a social media platform for both the Wii U and the 3DS. StreetPass is a 3DS feature that let players exchange game data when they passed other 3DS owners in real life.

For social media, the Switch will use other platforms — not Nintendo’s own — and also has a share button that can be used to share images, and later on, video. Nintendo did not specify which platforms in the interview, just that it would be existing social media.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It was annouced a little awhile got that The Switch won't have Street Pass or Miiverse.
    I knew that, it's just news to me that the miiverse is in the Wii U version as it seems they deliberately wanted to take away Wii U exclusive features like the map on the gamepad. Hell they won't even let the Wii U version be preloaded when every 1st party game for the system has been. RIP Wii U download servers at midnight.

It's hilarious Nintendo thinks facebook or twitter can replace what the miiverse was. The hub world of splatoon is the crowning achievement of what a system like the miiverse is capable of. Nothing else like it in gaming.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-26 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend is still a DM for Gamestop and it sounds like his store is flat out lying to him. Probably something shady going on with the employees there looking to flip.

err thats not how gamestop works, the DM has access to that info anytime he wants it without asking them. Usually weeks before the stores even know.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    err thats not how gamestop works, the DM has access to that info anytime he wants it without asking them. Usually weeks before the stores even know.
    That is how gamestop works.

Hell check their subreddit. Every employee there can see their non preorder allocation already. It's already in the hands of gamestop, just not at the actual stores yet. They know exactly what they have and what they're getting and it was made a point to give every store extra units. Every store is either getting 4-10 extra units depending on how large of a market they serve.

These units can not be preordered out. They can not be sold until 12:01 AM. It's Gamestop's way of getting non preorder people in the store to make a midnight launch worthwhile for them.

Any gamestop saying they don't have these units has something shady going on(which the SL could very well be in on), it's a major advertising point that Gamestop has already released to the press. I would report any such store if they tried to feed you that bologna.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-26 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is how gamestop works.

Hell check their subreddit. Every employee there can see their non preorder allocation already. It's already in the hands of gamestop, just not at the actual stores yet. They know exactly what they have and what they're getting and it was made a point to give every store extra units. Every store is either getting 4-10 extra units depending on how large of a market they serve.

These units can not be preordered out. They can not be sold until 12:01 AM. It's Gamestop's way of getting non preorder people in the store to make a midnight launch worthwhile for them.

Any gamestop saying they don't have these units has something shady going on(which the SL could very well be in on), it's a major advertising point that Gamestop has already released to the press. I would report any such store if they tried to feed you that bologna.
    I'm not saying the stores don't have extras set aside for day 1, every store should have the systems in their security room by now actually, slim chance they have a few more boxes in route but they'd know cause those shipments would already be in the POS. I'm saying if a DM claims they don't have access to the numbers they're full of shit, or in on said possible screwyness. DMs KNOW and have full access to whats in their stores, whether they choose to monitor it properly is another thing.

I'm not saying the stores don't have extras set aside for day 1, every store should have the systems in their security room by now actually, slim chance they have a few more boxes in route but they'd know cause those shipments would already be in the POS. I'm saying if a DM claims they don't have access to the numbers they're full of shit, or in on said possible screwyness. DMs KNOW and have full access to whats in their stores, whether they choose to monitor it properly is another thing.
    No store has the systems yet, they won't likely until tues or thurs which are the 2 big shipment days from the gamestop warehouses. They however can see their exact allotment on the store computer already, every store knows exactly how many extra units it has. That includes everyone from the seasonals to the SL can access that information to relay to customers. DM can see it for the entire district.

What I said about the DM was I know for a fact from my friend that every gamestop has extra units even bum fuck middle of no where Alabama to the busiest store in LA will have extra units. It's a company wide promotion to attract shoppers that would otherwise go stand in line at walmart or best buy.

Any store claiming they don't have them is full of shit, they can't be preordered out.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-26 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No store has the systems yet, they won't likely until tues or thurs which are the 2 big shipment days from the gamestop warehouses. They however can see their exact allotment on the store computer already, every store knows exactly how many extra units it has. That includes everyone from the seasonals to the SL can access that information to relay to customers.
    I've seen pictures of them in stock rooms man, they're out there. You don't ship a console launch the week of and risk fucking up and being late. Console launches are at worst there the week before. I've worked so many launches and it's always the case. Even new skus (like DS recolors) get there a week or 2 early. Something as major as Switch is already delivered and waiting with the big orange DO NOT SELL stickers on em.

I've seen pictures of them in stock rooms man, they're out there. You don't ship a console launch the week of and risk fucking up and being late. Console launches are at worst there the week before. I've worked so many launches and it's always the case. Even new skus (like DS recolors) get there a week or 2 early. Something as major as Switch is already delivered and waiting with the big orange DO NOT SELL stickers on em.
    Cool story bro, show us this gamestop stock room full of Switches already. You know your story is full of shit because they wouldn't even be allowed to unbox the shipment until the day before launch. It would literally be a picture of giant brown palettes in discernible from any other gamestop shipment.

There may very well be Switches in the back rooms of best buys and walmarts already. There definitely isn't any in gamestop and won't be until this week, and even then the boxes won't be opened until Thursday as per company policy.

The average Gamestop does not have room to have 50 Switches sitting in their stock room for 2 weeks. They are not some massive store like others. Hell have you even seen a stock room at gamestop? You probably have 5-10 combined Xbox/PS4 new units at any given time(obv more during holiday season) and there is barely room for jack shit back there. Hardware units are always shipped 2-4 days before launch. Hell I remember in 2005 when I was unfortunately still employed by that PoS company we got the 360 launch stock at noon the same day of midnight launch. It was an 80+ allocation as well and was a bitch to unbox and get ready in time.

The switches are 100% in gamestop's hands right now. That doesn't mean they are in the store yet.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note looks like Giant Bomb is joining Cnet with looking for clickbait "hardware issues".

ZOMG you can make the tablet fall out of the joycons without hitting the unlatch button if you try to force it out with your hands! What did they expect some titanium locking mechanism?

On a side note looks like Giant Bomb is joining Cnet with looking for clickbait "hardware issues".

ZOMG you can make the tablet fall out of the joycons without hitting the unlatch button if you try to force it out with your hands! What did they expect some titanium locking mechanism?
    Why would someone be pushing against the central part the unit in that fashion? If there were shoulder buttons on that part with 2nd stage triggers or something you could kind of understand it, but there's no reason for manipulating it in that way.

It's like plugging in a charging cable and then saying if I pull it hard enough the cable comes out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool story bro, show us this gamestop stock room full of Switches already. You know your story is full of shit because they wouldn't even be allowed to unbox the shipment until the day before launch. It would literally be a picture of giant brown palettes in discernible from any other gamestop shipment.

There may very well be Switches in the back rooms of best buys and walmarts already. There definitely isn't any in gamestop and won't be until this week, and even then the boxes won't be opened until Thursday as per company policy.

The average Gamestop does not have room to have 50 Switches sitting in their stock room for 2 weeks. They are not some massive store like others. Hell have you even seen a stock room at gamestop? You probably have 5-10 combined Xbox/PS4 new units at any given time(obv more during holiday season) and there is barely room for jack shit back there. Hardware units are always shipped 2-4 days before launch. Hell I remember in 2005 when I was unfortunately still employed by that PoS company we got the 360 launch stock at noon the same day of midnight launch. It was an 80+ allocation as well and was a bitch to unbox and get ready in time.

The switches are 100% in gamestop's hands right now. That doesn't mean they are in the store yet.
    Dude...I did 5 years at gamestop and was a Key holder from day 1. I left as SM. I know their policies and everything. What I told is truth. I worked at 4 different stores and yes they all have room for it. It may not always be comfortable or even as secure as it 'should' be, but they deal with it for a week or 2. And they HAVE to open the seals to make sure the product is actually in the boxes upon arrival. It's required cause there's been screwyness from UPS/FedEx Etc in the past. You can't be honest with your checkins from shipment otherwise. Sometimes they only open the first few boxes to 'say' they're there but you're supposed to check them in and reseal them. Then you check seals and count them EVERY morning just like all the other systems.

Respectfully, I'm not full of shit but maybe your 'friend' is if you think they operate in a way other than what I've described. Or maybe he just doesn't trust you as internal info isn't supposed to be on the internet and is actually a firing offense if you can be caught. Doesn't affect me anymore so I have no problem telling how it is. Whatever though, I'm done here. I know what I said is true. Take it or leave it. Nothing further to say on it.

a lot of questionable things are happening at that place...

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    a lot of questionable things are happening at that place...
    Yeah, well, a lot of questionable things are happening in my pants, but you don't see me making Switch clickbait videos. Though it does give me a great idea for one. Here it goes:

Basically, complain about how the Switch doesn't respond to anything you do and how it's a major failure as a piece of hardware. Pan over to the "Switch" (which turns out to be a picture of a Switch and JoyCons printed out on a piece of paper) and press the buttons on the picture to "prove" it doesn't work. Talk about how you paid good money to a 3D printer to play games but Nintendo has managed to screw up even worse than the Wii U. Do all of this in an edatlin voice. Video title: Switchbait.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait the Wii U version of Zelda has the miiverse but switch doesn't...

omfg the mii verse was the best thing ever in splatoon

If it's gone wtf we going to do
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    omfg the mii verse was the best thing ever in splatoon

If it's gone wtf we going to do
    Probably just nintendo ID/mynintendo?
    you can still create miis on the switch if i recall correct.