Question Help for a Balance Friend (w/logs)

Hi, first of all, my main is mage, so I can´t help my friend with his DPS.

I have no clue what his doing, but is just WRONG.

can you giveme a tio where to start with?

Krosus (H)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...xFJCvG#fight=8

Skorp (H)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...cDhTXA#fight=7

Elisande (N)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...cDhTXA#fight=3

He stays APcapped for prolonged periods of time, he's wasted almost 250AP which would give him over 4M extra dmg done alone from starsurges.
    He has Emerald Dreamcatcher head piece yet isn't surgeweaving properly. Point him to a guide on the legendary head.

I'll drop in later to do a more in depth check if others haven't beaten me to it: quality time inc.

EDIT:
    These pointers so far are only for Krosus, haven't looked at the others.
    He's been refreshing dots more than needed, he should try to pool some AP for movement which you know exactly when it's gonna happen for this fight - He stayed APcapped for too long though, several times.

During the fight he had atleast 3 windows where he didn't cast at all for 5s+ and a few 3-5s'.

7 Oneth proccs for starfalls with only 4 casts used. He even had the buff up during one of his non-casting periods where he could've used it if he was on the move.

He needs to watch his AP a bit more carefully aswell, using Full moon (grants 40AP) when he's sitting at 80+ already is wasting half the resources gained (also a point in his play where he then proceeded to stay at 100AP for his longest period:37(!) seconds).

His opener is off:
    Looks to me like he didn't prepot? Popped incarnation b4 dotting? Only precasted 1 solar wrath and new moon?
    =Should be able to get off pre-pot and 2 solars+new moon p much, then dot -> incarnation -> half+full moon.

He's got a pretty meh trinket eq'd. (pharamore) Which becomes even worse when he didn't even use the effect on it - basically just 1095 haste on a trinket slot.
    38 traits in wep will put him behind aswell.

Might be missing stuff here as I'm not that used to reading logs, even more so spanish logs.
    Last edited by foibooze; 2017-02-25 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    He stays APcapped for prolonged periods of time, he's wasted almost 250AP which would give him over 4M extra dmg done alone from starsurges.
    He has Emerald Dreamcatcher head piece yet isn't surgeweaving properly. Point him to a guide on the legendary head.

I'll drop in later to do a more in depth check if others haven't beaten me to it: quality time inc.

EDIT:
    These pointers so far are only for Krosus, haven't looked at the others.
    He's been refreshing dots more than needed, he should try to pool some AP for movement which you know exactly when it's gonna happen for this fight - He stayed APcapped for too long though, several times.

During the fight he had atleast 3 windows where he didn't cast at all for 5s+ and a few 3-5s'.

7 Oneth proccs for starfalls with only 4 casts used. He even had the buff up during one of his non-casting periods where he could've used it if he was on the move.

He needs to watch his AP a bit more carefully aswell, using Full moon (grants 40AP) when he's sitting at 80+ already is wasting half the resources gained (also a point in his play where he then proceeded to stay at 100AP for his longest period:37(!) seconds).

His opener is off:
    Looks to me like he didn't prepot? Popped incarnation b4 dotting? Only precasted 1 solar wrath and new moon?
    =Should be able to get off pre-pot and 2 solars+new moon p much, then dot -> incarnation -> half+full moon.

He's got a pretty meh trinket eq'd. (pharamore) Which becomes even worse when he didn't even use the effect on it - basically just 1095 haste on a trinket slot.
    38 traits in wep will put him behind aswell.

Might be missing stuff here as I'm not that used to reading logs, even more so spanish logs.
    just a question about opener, isnt the standard opener solar + new moon > incarn > dots or have i been doing something wrong all this time

Yes you have been doing something wrong, you cast incarnation after your dots

all the balance druids who struggle for the first time should download max dps and the druid module to get a feel for the basic rotation. it circles the correct next spell to cast so you can see what goes off when and will drastically help beginners
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day