Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    omfg the mii verse was the best thing ever in splatoon

If it's gone wtf we going to do
    There is no Miiverse on The Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Probably just nintendo ID/mynintendo?
    you can still create miis on the switch if i recall correct.
    You can create mii's but there is no Miiverse.

The one working neat feature of the Wii-U is not on The Switch....kinda sad.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I remember when people drew Marie with hot dogs.....

those were the days...

RIP splatoon
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is no Miiverse on The Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

You can create mii's but there is no Miiverse.

The one working neat feature of the Wii-U is not on The Switch....kinda sad.
    Am I the only one who didn't use/care about MiiVerse all that much?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I didn't use it but the art people drew was great
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

rip miiverse

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

More then likely not, but it was a interesting feature IMO.

I guess Nintendo got tired of people trying to draw dicks.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Giant Bomb continuing to act like idiots? Say it ain't so!

That's nothing new for them, it seems to be their schtick since they rejoined GameSpot over at CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Giant Bomb continuing to act like idiots? Say it ain't so!

That's nothing new for them, it seems to be their schtick since they rejoined GameSpot over at CBS.
    post ryan davis dan rykert and gerstmann were the only sources of fun left. more often than not for things unrelated to videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://nintendoeverything.com/what-t...ay-one-update/

Nintendo Everything got in touch with Nintendo and got info on the day 1 patch.

• add network features, including eShop access, online gameplay, and sharing images with social media.
    • Link Nintendo accounts
    • allows you to use hotspots by opening up a web applet to access them
    Oh man, Nintendo is slowly getting up to dat-

Wait.

...where's achievements

Are there still no achievements?! WHY NINTENDO WHY

Nah, I certainly didn't care either.
    The only games I played where it was worth noting was Super Mario Maker, and Super Mario 3D World. Oh, and Smash 4 I guess.

That's a shame. I wonder if MiiVerse is dead, or just in hibernation to see if there is demand post-launch. I enjoyed it when I popped online on occasion, but given Nintendo's overboardness on moderation, it had to be a nightmare to moderate, and if Switch takes off, it may just be more of a headache than it was worth to Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh man, Nintendo is slowly getting up to dat-

Wait.

...where's achievements

Are there still no achievements?! WHY NINTENDO WHY

Nah, I certainly didn't care either.
    The only games I played where it was worth noting was Super Mario Maker, and Super Mario 3D World. Oh, and Smash 4 I guess.
    Honestly, I think the best thing to come out of it is the Twitter about bad miiverse posts where they gather all the.....really bad or weird posts in one place.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    rip miiverse
    This is pretty much a documentary about my life.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I loved the Miiverse and don't give a shit about achievements, unless they unlock something. Guess we're not all the same
    Mother pus bucket!

Honestly, I think the best thing to come out of it is the Twitter about bad miiverse posts where they gather all the.....really bad or weird posts in one place.
    Water guy was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I loved the Miiverse and don't give a shit about achievements, unless they unlock something. Guess we're not all the same
    That doesn't mean they couldn't have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Water guy was the best.

That doesn't mean they couldn't have both.
    Indeed, just pointing out that some people focus on different features than others. Personally, I'd like to see every good concept they've ever made to end up on the Switch, but I guess they've got their hands full with the "basics" at this point.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    but I guess they've got their hands full with the "basics" at this point.
    I wouldn't even say they got the basics or at lease don't have all of them yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching teens react to the Nintendo switch and 90% of them didn't know about it...I thought Nintendo has done a good job this time but have they really captured anything but the normal Nintendo fans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Watching teens react to the Nintendo switch and 90% of them didn't know about it...I thought Nintendo has done a good job this time but have they really captured anything but the normal Nintendo fans?
    The main buyers will be the ultra-nintendo die-hards and those jumping on the 'new cool console' hype train. Who will then proceed to play the limited amount of games available and then shove it into a box and rant online about it for the rest of the cycle, even if it does improve... just like what happened to the WiiU.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    The main buyers will be the ultra-nintendo die-hards and those jumping on the 'new cool console' hype train. Who will then proceed to play the limited amount of games available and then shove it into a box and rant online about it for the rest of the cycle, even if it does improve... just like what happened to the WiiU.
    Yep, Unless you are a huge Nintendo fan there is no reason to get a Switch right now or hell maybe not even this year.

I want one just because its new tech and I want to play BOTW. But for average joe consumer there isn't really a reason to go out and spend $400 on a system and one game.

Once it gets games with hard release dates that may change a bit. Right know only ones we know are 100% is MK8/BOTW/Splatoon 2. Mario and others can be pushed into next year.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Why would they? at this point for young kids the hd rereleases are their most recent possible chances to experience zelda and how many have a Wii U? the 3DS games exist but again thats not the type of thing kids are into nowadays. We've all seen the joke images that go "call of duty, target audience age 25, actual audience 13. pokemon, target audience 13, actual audience 25" about how nintendo rides a LOT on folks who grew up during the 80's and 90's on their products rather than bringing in new customers in the gameboy numbers. Kids just have different tastes and really what do they get sold on here? no angry birds or minecraft there.
    Honestly i would imagine kids today would see it as a 'tablet with unnessecary looking shit stuck on the sides for old people that cant use a touch screen' and they simply wouldnt bother looking into it. Nintendos the 3ds company for kids today, even in japan there are generations of kids that are not even aware they make home consoles at all.
    I would bet good money the switch is just another 'older audience buying based on past positive experiences' than kids begging mum and dad for thing that would take them one look to go "but billy we already got you an ipad for christmas".