Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    because it is?
    legion, and wow in general is a grind, like pretty much all MMOs ever.
    WoW's grind is extremely forgiving. Anyone who says Legion is an insurmountable grind would probably commit seppuku if they had to use grinders to improve their weapons in Phantasy Star Online 2 or tried to 'level' up and catch up to day-one players in Black Desert Online.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

It's easier than most people make it sound.

I believe that you need no more than two weeks of semi-hardcore playing right now to be heroic-ready, which includes daily heroic, mythic farming within reason (no more than 2-3 a day), and completing all Suramar quests. If you are really dedicated, you can get heroic-ready must faster.

From there, you will need 2-3 heroic clears and at least 40 artifact traits (not that hard with 25 artifact knowledge) to do reasonably well in mythic, at least for the first 3 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Journey View Post
    It's easier than most people make it sound.

I believe that you need no more than two weeks of semi-hardcore playing right now to be heroic-ready, which includes daily heroic, mythic farming within reason (no more than 2-3 a day), and completing all Suramar quests. If you are really dedicated, you can get heroic-ready must faster.

From there, you will need 2-3 heroic clears and at least 40 artifact traits (not that hard with 25 artifact knowledge) to do reasonably well in mythic, at least for the first 3 bosses.
    Thank you. I tend to go all-in when I return to playing WoW, and play it as much as I can, especially with a goal in mind such as getting through Mythic.

Thanks to JustintimeSS for the awesome sig!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Reported. We can't make your decision for you. Come back. Don't come back. It's your decision, man up and make it.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Reported. We can't make your decision for you. Come back. Don't come back. It's your decision, man up and make it.
    Reported for harassment. Go back to reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    No. /10char
    Ahaha I came here just for this

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

"Convince me to return to Azeroth"

Why do you need anyone to direct you as to how to spend your leisure time?

- - - Updated - - -

Reported.
    Good christ, you're an infant. Now report me too.

tfw the guy who breaks the forum rules reports you when you call him out.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Gotta love all the negative feedback.

Game is in the best state it has been in years! Give it a go, seriously. Ignore the naysayers.

The dudes above are like "It's boring! It sucks! Bleh bleh bleh"... yet they probably have >60d played at level 110.
    Not to say that I don't like the current game because I do, but what you stated is basically saying unless you have used the cheese grater on your face for 6+ hours you cant comment on if you like the action or not. Heck a lot of people grow out of something within 72 hours, much less 60 days.

As for the OP the game is fine as it is it has some grate positives and negatives as it stands right now.
    If it helps... and keep in mind this is all just my opinion.

(Pros)
    +The new daily quest system (World Quests) Is interesting and fun (even if i wish they also included the old system to supplement it.)
    +The Class hall and Artifact weapons have brought back class quests from old wow to a good level (Even if cretin classes got much better ones then others, but this was always the case.)
    +The dungeons are fun this go around, AND they are actually adding more to the game this exp pack.
    +They have added a bunch of funny quests to explore this time to the world (one that always comes to mind is helping a murlock get a girl friend, and getting the approval of the girl friends shotgun wielding dad.).
    +The lore this time around is on par with the best that blizzard has ever done in WoW, if not better in some parts.

(Cons)
    -Flying is still out of the game (This is a big negative for me), The bright side is from the looks of it we wont have to wait much longer (7.2).
    -The artifact leveling system crates a grate deal of burnout trying to complete it.
    -I Hope RNG loves you because that is the name of the game now a days (admittedly if you don,t care where you stand among your friends it's fine, it just annoys me when a friend of mine takes a brake for 5 moths, to come back and out gear me within 2 weeks due to some lucky {I'm talking 3 910+ items levels of lucky + legenderys not that he can sue the second one yet.} drops, but thats just rng...).
    -The Leveling system this go around is interesting the first 2-3 times you do it, but you soon find out that if there is more then 1 part of the experience you hate doing you will still have to run it on alts, because you need something like 80% completion to hit max level (for alt a holics like myself this exp pack is going to take a good chunk of time to move all the toons through).
    -This last one may be good or bad for you depending on your tastes but mobs at any/every point until you're max level, and over geared are overall much harder this exp pack. For my main and my main 2 alts it was fine, but every other toon that I had just hit 100 with and left to dust was kind of painful getting started.

(Neutrals)
    =The raids this time around are... ok... EN is.... ok, HoV is.... ok, The only fun one so far is the Night hold which is good but i wouldn't say its the best they have ever done (Admittedly I'm an LFR hero, but I'm also in a mythic raiding guild and I hear them bemoaning the points I made to.)
    =PvP balance is in an... interesting place, while i wouldn't call it bad it is a little lopsided. luckily Blizzard is making efforts to fix this as they always do.
    =Gold is as free flowing as it ever was, if you where hoping the WoD printing press was gone well....
    =Crafting has some strong points this exp pack (interesting AND useful items, Fun stuff you can make on the side, and some unique experiences thrown in for good measure.), but its a royal pain getting to max, and getting all the patterns for your desired prof.

I hope this helps in your decision making process.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2017-02-26 at 08:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Game is totally destroyed by diablo 3 devs. Wow is not worth playing anymore. Legion is basically copy paste diablo 3. Current state of class design,pvp,balance is worse than wod.
    If you enjoy grind,Triple RNG,spamming dungeons 24/7, you gonna like RNGion
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Reported for harassment. Go back to reddit.
    Not the number of posts I have. Note your post count. Who's the new kid here?

OP just has to man the fuck up. Telling them that isn't harassment, it's the truth. Spend $15 or the equivalent on a sub of use gold. Play for a month. Make a decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    "Convince me to return to Azeroth"

Why do you need anyone to direct you as to how to spend your leisure time?

- - - Updated - - -

Good christ, you're an infant. Now report me too.
    Awww, did I offend you? too bad. These threads are similar to the "help me pick a class!" threads. They're useless because we can't make a decision for the OP. We don't know what he really wants or will like.

Amusingly, you actually make this point... then whine at me. Who's the infant here? The fact is that this is a waste of time, space and bandwidth.

PS: TO be clear, I reported the thread. Not the OP. We don't do "Help me decide" threads here, remember?

OP just has to man the fuck up.
    How old are you seriously? You've never asked anyone for advice in your lifetime, I suppose, right? This is a forum, where people post threads asking for advice all day. I asked for advice, I don't need anyone to make my decisions for me, I simply wanted opinions. Just grow up and get out of my thread if you don't have any helpful input.

Thanks to JustintimeSS for the awesome sig!!

Ask yourself this: "Will I like Diablo 3's loot system in WoW?"

If the answer is yes, go try it out.

If the answer is no, you'll hate Legion.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

You want a game where leveling quests are reused and renamed to world quests?
    You want a game that's easy as shit but everyone acts like it's ninja Gaiden black dark souls?
    You want a game that has rng checks for your rng check for your rng check for your rng roll?
    If you answered yes, head on back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    You want a game where leveling quests are reused and renamed to world quests?
    You want a game that's easy as shit but everyone acts like it's ninja Gaiden black dark souls?
    You want a game that has rng checks for your rng check for your rng check for your rng roll?
    If you answered yes, head on back.
    Lol... best description of the current state of the game yet.

OP if you are a .01% top player (or pretend to be) odds are you won't like it because some man child will demand you grind Maw of Souls for 50 hours a week. If you have some self control and just play the game at the pace you enjoy then it will be an amazing WoW experience. You just hear a lot of belly aching right now because the vocal minority has to work to be #1 beyond a week when the raid hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, what do you wanna hear?

• Havoc Demon Hunter turned out to be more enjoyable than I expected, but the class as a whole is still the most bland concept of the twelve.
    • It's Warcraft, nothing has really changed from that perspective. Love the Highmountain Tauren and the Vrykul stuff was neat. If you like Elves, you're in luck, because every other zone is Elves, Elves, and more Elves with a fresh coat of demon sprinkles.
    • It's an MMO, there is a grind, but that is to be expected from ALL MMOs. World Quests are a nice alternative to the old Daily Quest system. Choose the four you want to do and you're done unless you want to do more. World Bosses are okay. Lots of treasures and rares everywhere.
    • The storytelling is good. I enjoyed leveling in Legion almost as much as I did MoP and WoD, though I'd put it as the worst of the three simply because I REALLY don't like "THE Legion" stuff. Pandaren culture and AU Dreanor were more interesting to me, so I enjoyed the story there more. Also, not a big fan of Illidan... Still, Legion quest story is good. Do Val'Sharah LAST on your first playthrough! You will thank me. Bring tissues.
    • I LOVE the flexible zone scaling. Doing the zones in the order you want was a great idea and I really hope they retroactively apply that tech to the old world, because that would really revitalize the old world for me. Death to Outland!
    • The dungeons are okay. Nothing really too grand. They tied the class campaigns, profession leveling, and zone completion to them...which was fine until I hit the Mythic dungeon quest in the middle of the profession leveling. So I won't be getting all of the recipes this expansion...because fuck everything Mythic. Might eventually get around to finishing Suramar, but I'l have to get into the right mood to deal with the Emerald Nightmare raid quest...not looking forward to that.

Overall, the game is enjoyable. It's what you would expect out of Warcraft. Sounds to me like you want to come back, but you want some kind of justification for it. Either come back because you want to play the game or don't. Regardless of your choice, stop seeking validation from random internet people and just do what you want.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-02-27 at 01:19 AM.

Deleted
    In 1 Month i was able to get 98% of the Artifact weapon traits (level up Artifact Knowledge catchup mechanic to max), get 880 item level, always find groups in LFG by making my own group and get 2 legendaries.

Its the best expansion for casuals and to catchup and join current content. Took me 1 Month to be optimal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MelodicAssassin View Post
    I've played WoW since vanilla, on and off, and used to be a raid leader/tank for a Top 5 guild on my old server in BC/WotLK,

skipped raiding in Cata,

did Mythics in MoP,

and skipped raiding in WoD.

I bought Legion, levelled to 110, got overwhelmed with the amount of end game quests in Suramar and the other repeatable quests, and quit.
    Sounds like you've just grown up over time, have other things to do, and are just looking for someone to help you recapture the magic of 2007. Not sure that's even possible. If you want to play bad enough, you'll play. If not, I'm sure you have another MMO waiting in the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    In 1 Month i was able to get 98% of the Artifact weapon traits (level up Artifact Knowledge catchup mechanic to max), get 880 item level, always find groups in LFG by making my own group and get 2 legendaries.

Its the best expansion for casuals and to catchup and join current content. Took me 1 Month to be optimal.
    If it's "in one month I got to ak 25", then I don't believe you because math.
    If its "I hit ak 25 previously came back and it took a month to get 98% of the base 35 traits", I don't believe you either because I had an unplayed alt hit 25 and was curious how fast it would be. 2 and a half hours, a big, dg, all emissaries and ap wqs, 2 traits from 35.
    So you don't pay attention or you play 1 hour every 2 weeks. Lemme know, curious.