Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Millennials == the new dumb? I don't get the hate. "Oh, you must be a millennial too then!" - No, I am not and I learned cursive handwriting with alphabetic, cyrillic and greek letters in school.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    o snap!

there is 2 n's in millennial.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Millennials == the new dumb? I don't get the hate. "Oh, you must be a millennial too then!" - No, I am not and I learned cursive handwriting with alphabetic, cyrillic and greek letters in school.
    Just the usual "the younger generations are stupid/lazy"-crap. Individuals within those same younger generations grow up to be more creative and furthering humanity more than anyone before them, so...

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    What I find funny is that depending how you define Generation X and Millennial ... I fall into either. Some cut off Generation X as born in 1984 (which I was), but other start Millennial as anyone 18 or younger in the year 2000 (which is 1982 to 2000) ... which I also was.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The irony is thick!

Yes, I can read it (born 86) and am sure kids today receive training in writing cursive. Waste of time if you ask me.
    Exactly. I went back to printing rather than cursive the moment teachers no longer required cursive, which was about 4th grade. Now, I type if I write anything others are meant to read. If I'm writing by hand it's something like, "Call Jim @ 2" or similar. Or my signature, which is illegible anyway.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    And another critical fail from host laughing stock, Jayburner.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    And another critical fail from host laughing stock, Jayburner.
    I have excuses..cataracts and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    the only reason i brought up this topic was..I read a story in my local newspaper a few months ago..where the the teacher reprimanded a student for writing in cursive and actally sent him home from school.
    seemed bizarre to me.
    Nah it happened to me when i was in elementary school in the 90s. Because my first school teach me cursive in preschool, the frist grade teacher punished me for writing in cursive the first day, because nobody else know. My mother got fucking mad lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well the typing lessions obviously were a waste. I mean how did that "d" even get there.
    Brilliant irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Brilliant irony.
    he's suffering from lessions. it happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people think you don't learn joined up handwriting in school anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    What the fuck did you have to use cursive for on the SAT? It's a multiple choice exam.
    On the back you have write a paragraph in cursive that says something like I won't cheat.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a millennial, but my six-year-old son can read cursive. Some schools (not all) don't teach it anymore -- because there's really no point -- but that doesn't mean most students can't read it.

Deleted
    "millenidal"; "actally"; "catatacts"

The most ironical thread I read this month. Thank you.

I fall into millennial and I was taught (kind of) Cursive in school. I had to pick it up myself from moving all the time but it was taught at all 3 schools I went to in 3rd-4th grade. I don't exactly remember which grade it was that it was taught in.

I was born in 92, I had a class during 3rd grade iirc that was specifically teaching us how to write cursive for 45 minutes (3rd grade, so.. 9 years old?) Also, when I hit 5th grade, we were then taught to type "without looking" on computers :3. MMOs helped me to do that more than that class ever did

I was born in 88, and learned cursive in elementary school. Several of my teachers growing up required assignments to actually be in cursive :P Also the image is broken, but I got the gist of what it was from other people. So I'm sure I could read it. I still prefer writing in cursive, too. I'm left handed, doesn't hurt my hand as much. It's also a lot neater than my print.

Funnily enough... my sister was born 96, and my brother in 99. Neither one learned cursive at all. Their handwriting is horrible, and they can barely read it. My mom and I were joking around that one day in the future... cursive would be a good way to throw off the younger generation if we 'old people' ever needed to communicate in secret.

Im a millennial and we learned cursive in school, wont ever forget it

I'm Generation Z and I had to learn cursive, so I assume that most Millennials can or at least were taught how to write in cursive at a young age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post

its cursive. Us generation X people had to learn to write like this. We also had to take typing classes
    I don't know what a Millenidal is, but I can read and write cursive. I also think it's a complete and utter waste of time. I write faster and more legibly in print. Cursive is obsolete, like the horse and buggy. Deal with it.
    Putin khuliyo