Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In the 1920's, Greece tried to reconquer, with ethnic cleansing, a ''Great Greece'' (Megali Idea) over Turks, over Ionia mostly.

Guess what happened to local Greeks after this failed..

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Let's be clear about something. The US Military is buying close to 1800 F-35s, and Lockheed is building an F-16 plant in India.

20 F-35s are a rounding error. And any money made on the F-16 pales in comparison to the India deal.

Go find another boogeyman for your two country's ongoing epic dysfunction.
    You're gonna sell 100 150 to Turkey, and some to Greece. Hardly a rounding error. It's pure profit due to some horse shit between two countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Crimea voted to leave. Crimea belonged to Russia just a few decades back. These islands are inhabited by Greeks for millennias
    Yeah and if I put a gun to your head, I'm sure you'd sign an affadavit declaring yourself a zebra.

Crimea "voted" to leave in just the same way.

Anyway, you deserve this and I'm glad it happened to you. Enjoy the shitstorm.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was referring in a roundabout way to Russia, which Ulmita is an apologist for.

What goes around comes around.
    the big red country that's been slowly trying to eat all it's smaller neighbors? It's a pretty standard thing, the strong crush the weak and take their things.

Yeah and if I put a gun to your head, I'm sure you'd sign an affadavit declaring yourself a zebra.

Crimea "voted" to leave in just the same way.

Anyway, you deserve this and I'm glad it happened to you. Enjoy the shitstorm.
    No, and the gallops in the following years prove the opposite.
    Who would have thought a place full of Russians to vote to go back to Russia eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You're gonna sell 100 150 to Turkey, and some to Greece. Hardly a rounding error. It's pure profit due to some horse shit between two countries.
    150 is still a rounding error. Turkey is a Level 3 partner and Greece is just a potential export customer.

The F-35 is for the US, UK, Italy, and Netherlands first.

And besides, you don't have to buy it. Nobody is making you. It's your officials, and your tax dollars. You can always keep working on the TAI TFX which has produced nothing but concept art for over a decade now. But good luck trying to produce an indigenous 5th generation fighter. The tech is too advanced for you to do domestically without incorporating Commercial-Off-the-Shelf. Russia's been trying for years, and they've settled on a Su-35S in an angular costume called the PAK FA T-50.

Anyways we'll be over here watching Greece and Turkey continuing one of the stupidest slap-fights in modern history.

The F-35 is for the US, UK, Italy, and Netherlands first.
    This is incorrect. Turkey is one of the funder and developer (of some irrelevant part) as well. The true development partner, however, is UK as the source code is open only to them.

As for TAI TFX, I think F-35s are waste of money. That money should be spent to a 4th gen fighter, perhaps cut off some "5th gen features" of TFX and go for production asap.

Turkey's total cumulative order for the F-35 is $11 billion. The Pentagon spends $10 billion a year on the F-35. As I said... rounding error.

TAI will be producing center fuselages under licence for European and export F-35s. The main European F-35 production facility is in Italy.

As for your 4th generation fighter proposal, the F-35 was considered against the Eurofighter Typhoon last decade for Turkey. For $20 million more per aircraft (due to the second engine and larger size), you would have gotten a fighter superior at within visual range air to air combat, but inferior in every other respect.

I think you guys made the right choice, but hey if you wanna walk away and buy yesterday's model, particularly in an indigenous 4th gen fighter that uses COTS parts, have a blast.

By the way while you're at it, do actually go ahead and buy those S-400 Russian Air Defense. Nevermind the fact that they'll be functionally impossible to inter-operate with Patriot or MEADS integrated air defense. But you can be sure US intelligence would be all over those... figuring out how we could remotely turn them off or spoof them so we could deal with Russia's in a pinch. Please help America in an intelligence gathering coup.

As Turkey have around eight time the population of Greece, Greece will struggle mightily matching tit for tat in military expenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt matter because the Turks and Greeks have been going at it for centuries, the Greeks have no modern importance to the West (while Turkey has some), the Greeks are seen as a millstone around the neck of the EU economy, need I go on?

Turkey's total cumulative order for the F-35 is $11 billion. The Pentagon spends $10 billion a year on the F-35. As I said... rounding error.
    Back to Numerical Analysis lecture son, because that's not what "rounding error" is.

As for your 4th generation fighter proposal, the F-35 was considered against the Eurofighter Typhoon last decade for Turkey. For $20 million more per aircraft (due to the second engine and larger size), you would have gotten a fighter superior at within visual range air to air combat, but inferior in every other respect.
    I meant investing in RnD. In terms of end product, sure F-35 is a better deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a big problem when they claim islands like Rhodes that we inhabit since bc... Every single Greek will die defending them if its needed.
    That could be interesting. At least Macedonia would not have to worry about the Greeks crying like babies over its name.....

Deleted
    Go take a hike mongol and try to understand that sending fully armed F-16s over any other city would have resulted to getting shot down. You should be happy we allow your pilots to breath.
    Turkey set precedent by shooting down Rus plane over Syria so plz shoot down some Turkish plane, I would enjoy that very much.

First of all i am Turk i am not expert on the issue but Turks didnt take away their land. It was ottoman land won via conquest and not from greece it was byzantine then those greeks and balkans rebelled againt ottoman empire on the basis of nationalistic ideas based upon french revolution in 1789 i think. When ottoman empire collapsed someone named Ataturk saved what he could against those greeks french italians and so forth and founded Turkish republic. It is them who tried to take away our lands and islands. Hope you guys know at least know that much. I am surprised no Turk defended against such a guy. We threw greeks into water we can do it again if needed be. I was gonna vote no in the referandum but now gonna vote yes stand behind Erdogan. He is gonna found ottoman empire again. Usa will eventually fall so will russia if need be i would spend cold nights without natural gas. Then they can sell it to whom ha . Ottoman empire might have collapsed but Turks wont. If need be we can shovel your nuclear star agreements up in your suitable place. We will rule these lands once more

Edit moreover when greeks couldnt pay their debts there were hdp politicians asking to pay greeces debt from turks pocket such good neigbours
    Last edited by bilkenter; 2017-02-26 at 08:15 PM.

Deleted

Remember 1st balkan war, turk? U ran like dogs out of Europe in terror, it's not just Greece u would face if u get any funny ideas.

Only reason ottoman empire even happened at all was because balkans was in decline. We had a civil war while the byzantines had fought crusaders arabs n persians. U just happened to be in the right place at the right time. You don't have some magical destiny, u had luck n also u had canons provided by treachorus west.
    Read our histories, we ate n spit out much larger n pwerful armies than the ottoman, had u come earlier, we would have erased u from the world no problem. We had 50 000 heavy cavalry at our height n that is but one part of our armed forces, you had 40k troops in total at Kosovo Polje? Lol several Balkan countries could single-handedly destroyed you had you had the misfortune to arrive to our shores earlier than you did.

There's too many simpletons that believe in special magical destiny, no most of the time it's sheer luck because when the odds are against you, most go bye bye. Our own arrival was not some special destiny but needed a shitload of luck to make it smooth, we were vastly out-numbered vs the Byzantines, just 2/5 of our nation had even gone to the Balkans out of that those were divided by two leaders (brothers), the Byzantine Emperor was so sure of him defeating us that he grew so bored he decided to head back to his capital. Because it was the middle ages n people were dumb as bricks n there weren't mass-communication like today, the Byzantine armies figured that something was wrong, that their Emperor was fleeing (!) so they panicked n decided to flee as well. So, well we couldn't let them figure things out so we rode after them n massacred their gigantic army LOL they died because they were morons! Maybe by some good luck if there had been a proper fight n Byzantines made some miss-calculation we could have won anyways but the odds were stacked against us.
    This is how countries are created, the opposition are either morons or in such decline you yell "timber!" n push the muthafucka over.
    So plz, sign whatever you want, your empire is still a thing of pure luck, not magical destiny, only sheep believe in such things.

What is interesting is that in 1st balkan war, you were beaten by Balkan forces that were fewer n just decades ago were simple peasant never having held a gun. That. is. pathetic.
    You are only good for pushing timber over or going after defenseless peoples like Armenians n Kurds. Let that sink in, you are not special and if you think you got the power we'll show you that you fantasize too much.

You are not even a country but a criminal enterprise, deserving no respect. You try anything and WE WILL FUCKING END YOU.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-26 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post

Remember 1st balkan war, turk? U ran like dogs out of Europe in terror, it's not just Greece u would face if u get any funny ideas.

Only reason ottoman empire even happened at all was because balkans was in decline. We had a civil war while the byzantines had fought crusaders arabs n persians. U just happened to be in the right place at the right time. You don't have some magical destiny, u had luck n also u had canons provided by treachorus west.
    Read our histories, we ate n spit out much larger n pwerful armies than the ottoman, had u come earlier, we would have erased u from the world no problem.

You are not even a country but a criminal enterprise, deserving no respect. You try anything and WE WILL FUCKING END YOU.
    Do you remember the secret agreements made to share our land? It happened around 1900s remember the result? It had happened more than century ago. You had allies back then too we kicked your ass we can do more than that now. You are from broke country. You could only withdraw 60 euro from atm a few years ago. On the other hand i play with millions of dollars at the age of 30

Even britain stepped out of europe it will dissolve even if you have supposed allies you cant resist Turks. We have millions living in germany the arch power and motor of europe even there people struggle hard i have relatives there living in poordome. The only thing you have achieved now is that i shall spend no dollar on any europe goods and watch you go poorer with high value money because strong money makes you import more export less. At least this is the theory. Good luck with your poor life while i make millions.

Lastly.remember Kanuni? He marched to vienna that is how far my ancestors went.

Edit i dont blame you though there are lots of books and stuff that lie or manipulate one to think in one way. I had a greek friend who told me about books in greek about their education. It is told differently in each and every country. This is because of national education and urge to raise young minds who are proud of their history and such we live in a shitty world.
    Last edited by bilkenter; 2017-02-26 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post

Read our histories, we ate n spit out much larger n pwerful armies than the ottoman, had u come earlier, we would have erased u from the world no problem.

Greece and Turkey are roughly equal in air power, Turkey has far more armor, and more troops. Greece would not end Turkey at this point in time.

Not going to happen. Both are members of NATO, that does not exclude them from how NATO works, if Turkey attacked Greece they would basically be declaring war on all of NATO, that's how NATO works, cut one, all bleed. Not to mention Turkey would get absolutely screwed to the point where it would take literally decades for it to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    I was gonna vote no in the referandum but now gonna vote yes stand behind Erdogan. He is gonna found ottoman empire again.
    Just what the world needs, more warmongers and more dictators...

Just giving you a headsup son: the EU won't accept Turkey going to war with another EU country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Not going to happen. Both are members of NATO, that does not exclude them from how NATO works, if Turkey attacked Greece they would basically be declaring war on all of NATO, that's how NATO works, cut one, all bleed. Not to mention Turkey would get absolutely screwed to the point where it would take literally decades for it to recover.
    With Trump NATO isn't that sure anymore. Divided it falls..
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    In the US, we don't have room for many other stories We're focused on our 15+ "Trump did X" daily stories. Sorry, but if you want this story in the US, you'll need to attach Trump to it.
    Pfft. It's always been this way. If the story doesn't involve Americans, it'll little to no play in the US.

Furthermore, the dispute over the Aegean islands has been going on since the 1970s. Every few years one side or the other escalates tensions over it...I don't see anything to indicate that this is a particularly bad episode.