Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    The whole concept of Hate Crimes and Hate Speech is poisonous, dangerous, and will backfire on the left in a major way at some point. If you can resist saying "you just want to be a bigot" for 10 seconds...
    If you don't want to be labeled a bigot, maybe you should stop endorsing bigotry?

This hateophobia will eventually lead to the destruction of free speech. Things that are not hateful will be labeled as hate. Initially this will be the wet dream of the left - silence of those who they disagree with.
    People keep saying "you just want to silence people who disagree with you", but they never actually outright state what the area of disagreement IS. It's almost as if they're being intentionally vague because they know what they're advocating for is horrid.

But eventually the power will shift away from you as it always does. And when the precedent has been set that you can be silenced for your opinion, you will be silenced, oppressed, and perhaps even slaughtered. All you have to do is read a history book to see where this will lead.
    The problem with that is the right doesn't need precedent to do the shit you're talking about. The right doesn't care about things like "law", "life", or "humanity". Those things are obstacles to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    exactly. The lefties are spinning stuff again making it look like immigrants are the victims, while in reality they are the victims and perpetrators at the same time.
    [citation needed]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unidus View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit that a decent chunk of these "hate crimes" were from refugees attacking the wrong person and getting his butt handed to him then whining that he was attacked.
    But when I've been threatened with murder, I was told that violence was always wrong, and that I should wait to have my brains blown out before I can retaliate. Or is that only for non-white people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    I suspect you might be one of the people who thinks milk is racist
    Nazis: "We're using milk to show our racial purity!"

Normal People: "Nazis are using milk in a strange display of racial purity."

You: "LAWL, milk isn't racist, cuck!"

Sure, fam.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39096833

Really sad. This needs to be a major issue in the upcoming elections.
    At first I thought this was a Donald Trump tweet but no no, just another tennisace thread on immigration.

How is this still ok to make multiple threads on the subject by one user? Please don't infract me for asking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Ulfkotte wrote some sketchy books but his artikels were always based on true facts, he was working against the mainstream media and after his death the first thing you red from the good media ard and zdf are some bad jokes about a dead colleague. I bet you think he was just another conspiracist...
    How can you say "always" when one of his articles were literally like "Migrant throws baby against the wall - Gutmenschen immediately showing understanding for him". This article was a classic Ulfkotte article and it's been the template of the way rightwing populists (mis-)construed statements and cherrypicking in order to declare something a broader issue. This is a classic rhetoric instrument which isn't exactly aiming at creating empathy for the victim(s) but rather creating an outrage against the group which the person who committed the crime belonged too. The reader must learn to harness a certain hatred which has to appear justified because you are not preaching open racism but rather seem to expose a sinister agenda of a group. You don't do that by simply reporting a crime, no you must infer who's the true target of that group. Quelle surprise, it's children and women and by extent also the socially disadvantaged of a population. Who'd have thought that it's the same instrument which Julius Streicher had used excessively back in the days.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post

Sure, fam.
    Nazis use milk to show racial purity? What? How?

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    now link the refugee attacks please tennis dont wanna be bias do you?
    Alongside attacks committed by non-refugees, yes? You don't want to be biased right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post

Sure, fam.
    Cuck, Fam, Lawl, Nazi

you are a caricature

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    How can you say "always" when one of his articles were literally like "Migrant throws baby against the wall - Gutmenschen immediately showing understanding for him". This article was a classic Ulfkotte article and it's been the template of the way rightwing populists (mis-)construed statements and cherrypicking in order to declare something a broader issue. This is a classic rhetoric instrument which isn't exactly aiming at creating empathy for the victim(s) but rather creating an outrage against the group which the person who committed the crime belonged too. The reader must learn to harness a certain hatred which has to appear justified because you are not preaching open racism but rather seem to expose a sinister agenda of a group. You don't do that by simply reporting a crime, no you must infer who's the true target of that group. Quelle surprise, it's children and women and by extent also the socially disadvantaged of a population. Who'd have thought that it's the same instrument which Julius Streicher had used excessively back in the days.
    Ofc he is doing that but he isnt wrong about the 2 class system here in germany also this artical isnt just to push his right angenda against the islam, its also against the naive germans that get fooled by them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refugee crimes map 2017: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...1633496192&z=6

2000+ for now. Map for 2016 has shown 10k+.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post

I know its against the term "Einzelfall" and the calm down its not so bad as it looks agenda by merkel and the left wings but this twitter accounts looks more and more like the Stürmer that did the same 70 years ago with the jews.

Deleted
    I bet at least 50% of these were done by other migrants.

Deleted
    Must be that 1 in 20 Germans who retaliate after being a victim. #novictimblaming

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    Nazis use milk to show racial purity? What? How?
    Yeah, it's weird and stupid. But few people accuse white supremacists of being smart for a reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    You know I think talking about immigrants as if they are a group of different species is kinda racist. Why are we categorizing human beings based on race? I could right now categorize crimes according to income/poverty instead of whether they are immigrants or not. The very idea to look at them as a separate group has a lot of racism and xenophobia.
    Do you want some cheese to your whine or maybe a "This is what a feminist looks like" T-Shirt in XXXL ?

You know that anyone could add anything to that map, that it's neither verified nor sourced? Yeah, you probably know that and chose to ignore it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Ofc he is doing that but he isnt wrong about the 2 class system here in germany also this artical isnt just to push his right angenda against the islam, its also against the naive germans that get fooled by them.
    This is the other classical instrument: Reinforcing the belief in the reader that all Germans are naive and need to be educated with proper facts. This can equally backfire when the reader is confronted with the question whether they are equally naive to believe that what people like Ulfkotte and people using similar rhetorics are trying to present is the truth either. People want to believe they have been lied to and in that they are more than eager to believe that whatever is being told instead is now the truth. This is being naive too. A lot people know very well what they are up against but they know that giving into your fears and hatred is exactly what the extremists on both sides want.

Interesting map but pales in comparison to say a burglary map of Germany and that doesn't even tell who was involved and how many. I see the few migrant-based incidents of my state and I am still not losing sleep over this. I am more concerned about the hundred burglaries which happened in my state meanwhile or Einzelfälle like these. Guess someone should make a map of these as well.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2017-02-27 at 12:42 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Surely you don't expect the decent Germans to create a police state in their own country for the sake of some fantasy of importing more refugees?
    Why not? People are fine with police states so long as they're strangling and anally raping black people. Or is a police state only bad if it affects white people negatively?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    This is the other classical instrument: Reinforcing the belief in the reader that all Germans are naive and need to be educated with proper facts. This can equally backfire when the reader is confronted with the question whether they are equally naive to believe that what people like Ulfkotte and people using similar rhetorics are trying to present is the truth either. People want to believe they have been lied to and in that they are more than eager to believe that whatever is being told instead is now the truth. This is being naive too. A lot people know very well what they are up against but they know that giving into your fears and hatred is exactly what the extremists on both sides want. .
    You exaggerate abit here, ofc they like to fear mongering, near every press is doing that and most big newspapers doing that less filigree.
    But i like to read both sides the "good" left/liberal and "evil" right side to get a bigger picture aslong the facts are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Germany took in over 1 million refugees, mostly muslims, from 2015 - 2016. That's roughly 1,5% of its population of ~82 million.

To put that in perspective, the USA with a population of ~325 million had about 85000 refugees (roughly half of them muslims) enter the country in 2016. That's roughly 1/10th of Germany's number.

1,5% out of 325 million would be 4.875.000 people, over a 2 year period that's higher than the TOTAL immigration to the US over 2 years (counting legal and illegal immigration + births from immigrants) which is just about 2 million a year.

Do you have any idea what kind of shitstorm the US would be in right now if it had taken in ~4 million muslim refugees in 2015-2016? 4 million potential terrorists as Trump would call them.

EDIT: sources:
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ugees-in-2016/
    http://cis.org/Immigrants-in-the-United-States

Brandenburg (one of our federated states, East Germany) has an interesting approach to that issue.

If your stay in Germany is tolerated for a certain time (no refugee status, but tolerated till deportation is possible) and you end up being a victim of a hate crime, then you won't get deported. Means if Franz the skinhead punches you in the face you basically hit the jackpot, at least as far as asylum goes.

Will be interesting to see how this will work longterm. I can see several issues with this idea, mainly that asylum seekers might stage hate crime against them (igniting refugee centers while spraying swastikas on the wall etc), but maybe it will work to prevent real hate crime against foreigners.