Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What is Warcraft Chronicles Vol 3 gonna be about?

Hey guys. My question is in the title. As an avid lore junkie, I love the whole idea of Chronicles and I've read the first one numerous times. Vol. 2 is just on the horizon and I'm stoked for that. However, I can't seem to find what the third volume is supposed to be about. The first was about the beginning of the universe and more specifically Azeroth. It goes up to the years just before the Dark Portal is opened for the first time. The second focuses on Draenor and the events up to the Third War, correct? But I'm uncertain about the third volume. If anyone could help me about, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Most likely the events leading up to the third war (so Lord of the clans, war of the spider etc), WC3: RoC and WC3: TFT and all events in WoW i believe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic states it would pick up where vol 2 left off up to the next expansion.

Wouldn't be surprised if there existed foreshadowing to the expansion after next within vol3.

According to Matt Burns on Twitter, it will probably go up to Cataclysm.

https://twitter.com/Burnzerker/statu...88525237932032

So it will be Warcraft 3 up to the Fall of the Lich King. Which is nice, it will encompass the entire Arthas story arc from beginning to end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    According to Matt Burns on Twitter, it will probably go up to Cataclysm.

https://twitter.com/Burnzerker/statu...88525237932032

So it will be Warcraft 3 up to the Fall of the Lich King. Which is nice, it will encompass the entire Arthas story arc from beginning to end.
    I'll be happy with that.

Here's hopign they include some things outside what we were aware of in game.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Doesn't seem like enough to fill a whole chronicle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    There's a lot of holes in the narrative - behind the scenes with the Legion leading up to the Third War, Ner'zhul's encounter with Kil'jaeden and the specifics of his transformation into the Lich King. The Old Gods' roles in events and their plotting to achieve freedom as well as Deathwing's flight to Deepholm and subsequent enthrallment to N'Zoth. Plenty of "connect the dots" style plot points that could be revealed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Maybe we'll get definitive answers on who cleared which raids- other than the already confirmed Varian killing Onyxia and Horde raiders killing Nefarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Maybe we'll get definitive answers on who cleared which raids- other than the already confirmed Varian killing Onyxia and Horde raiders killing Nefarian.
    Illidan and arthas are alliance
    Ragnaros and cho'gall are horde
    Kill wise
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Thanks for the answers guys! I wasn't sure if the book would cover all the events up to the current expansion or not. Up to Cataclysm makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. So thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Illidan and arthas are alliance
    Ragnaros and cho'gall are horde
    Kill wise
    Oh yeah, I think Alliance also got Deathwing because Zinnin Smythe... oddly enough considering how Thrall-centric Cataclysm was. But I imagine that one was probably a multi-faction raid because unlike ICC, there was no conflict between the Alliance and Horde.

Nice. So we will probably get a volume 4 then.

Chronicles III could be the most interesting one, setting in stone what we have been doing during WoW lifetime, and clarifications about who kill the big baddies and how.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Rise of the Legion and rise of the Army of Light would be my guess. Since it'll be around the time to sell/hype the next expansion and unless we get more filler expansions, it should start focusing on the aftermath of the Legion's fall in space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Seems like too much to me. They spent the entire 2nd half of Vol 2 on just the First and Second Wars, which were both relatively short conflicts. There's a TON of lore to still cram in, and they have to do it while also detailing every campaign of WC3 and TFT. Honestly I'd safely wager that the entirety of Chronicles Vol. 3 will be on WC3 and TFT, 2 parts respectively.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

They still haven't gone over Argus or the origins of the eredar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They still haven't gone over Argus or the origins of the eredar.
    THATS IT. Both books have so far introduced a planet and it's origins. Vol. 2 briefly touched on Argus saying that's where the Draenei originally came from but that's it. We are going to Argus in 7.3, which I'm willing to bet is going to be a teaser of whats to come. It wouldn't be at all hard to believe at this point that Vol. 3 will come out some time after Blizzcon where they could reveal the next expansion dealing with a larger access to the rest of Argus that we won't get to see in 7.3. To get people hyped for an Argus expansion Vol. 3 could open up with it's entire backstory. That's a whole realm in and of itself for boatloads of new lore.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Given the fact that every book has like a "main character" drawing on the cover (Medivh in 1 and Gul'dan in 2) I imagine that Chronicles 3 will have either Thrall or the Lich King in the cover, I would bet for the Lich King, and the story would go from WC3 up to WotlK or Cata.

Then in Chronicles 4 the character of the cover could be Garrosh and tell the story from Cataclysm up to Warlords, or be Anduin and tell the story up till Legion or the expansion after Legion if Anduin will have a big rol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    Given the fact that every book has like a "main character" drawing on the cover (Medivh in 1 and Gul'dan in 2) I imagine that Chronicles 3 will have either Thrall or the Lich King in the cover, I would bet for the Lich King, and the story would go from WC3 up to WotlK or Cata.

Then in Chronicles 4 the character of the cover could be Garrosh and tell the story from Cataclysm up to Warlords, or be Anduin and tell the story up till Legion or the expansion after Legion if Anduin will have a big rol.
    Kel'thuzad cover would make more sense than Lich King or Thrall for Vol 3.