Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] Middle-earth: Shadow of War

Making a thread for now, more info probably coming up within the next few months
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/...actress-resume

Warner Bros. may be gearing up to announce a sequel to Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, if the CV of stunt actress Lauren Mary Kim is any indication.

According to Kim's iStunt profile (first spotted by NerdLeaks), the actress is doing motion capture work for Shadow of Mordor 2.
    Mordor2

Screenshot taken from Lauren Mary Kim's iStunt profile.

The profile specifics that Kim was working with Blur -- a top-tier CGI studio that's produced many video game trailers. As such, an announcement trailer for Monolith Productions' hit action title may be coming sooner rather than later.

IGN reached out to Warner Bros. regarding a potential Shadow of Mordor sequel, but the publisher declined to comment.
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2017-02-27 at 04:52 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Loved the first one so very happy news for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Same. Unexpectedly great game.

Nailed the atmosphere and didn't bugger with the lore (much) but ost importantly the batman style combat and nemesis system rocked.

Am interested to see what else they can do with nemesis tbh, it's a fairly unique gameplay element and a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I liked it, I just wish that one of the selling points of the game where you're developing a rivalry with an NPC didn't actually require you to be intentionally bad at the game or simply not great in the first place (As in you needed to die) in order to get the most out of the feature. Sure you can control all the enemies and get a lot out of the system but that one thing really irked me.

If that was iterated on and made to be an engaging feature? Great.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2017-02-26 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    Looking forward. The first part was the best assassins creed reincarnation i played up to now.

Saw this as well...

FUCK YES!
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

For some reason I couldn't finish this game. It got really repetitive after a while. I'm sure it was a great game, but for me it was meh.

Going to be interesting to see how they expand on the awesome Nemesis system, also now when thinking of it no one else have tried to copy the system in other games.

Deleted
    The first one was boring as fuck.

This will be either very good or monumental fuckup.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved this game, only thing I really hated about it was the cheap ending... other than that killing orcs has never been so satisfying
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Cant wait
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

??? It certainly was repetitive after halfway through the game. Nemesis system is a great idea but didnt't really have much of a use beyond that. It also suffered from what I've seen in "open world" games where they simply sprinkle stuff on a map and consider that content (i.e. hunt down all glyphs? Grats, here's an achievement).

I enjoyed what it brought and the setting was appealing to me, but it had its flaws.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    ??? It certainly was repetitive after halfway through the game. Nemesis system is a great idea but didnt't really have much of a use beyond that. It also suffered from what I've seen in "open world" games where they simply sprinkle stuff on a map and consider that content (i.e. hunt down all glyphs? Grats, here's an achievement).

I enjoyed what it brought and the setting was appealing to me, but it had its flaws.
    Well let's hope Monolith learned a lot by then.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part was when my girlfriend watched me play and was like "holy shit you're so good at fighting!"
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well let's hope Monolith learned a lot by then.
    I hope most devs have learned. Sprinkling useless objectives like notes in a bottle that don't provide anything to game progress or story is simply bad game design (IMO).
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I hope most devs have learned. Sprinkling useless objectives like notes in a bottle that don't provide anything to game progress or story is simply bad game design (IMO).
    For me it depends on the game. With Shadow of Mordor I really enjoyed going around slaughtering Orcs so I appreciated having a bunch of things on the map to clear. In games that I find less enjoyable I don't mind leaving things and just following the main story.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2017-02-27 at 06:42 AM.

Deleted
    I'm all aboard this hype train. That game was a true gem and I hope next one is gonna capitalize on that.