Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

PVP balanced having fun now?

Seems like every spec has some representation in high rated 3v3 arena except for:

Holy priest
    Outlaw Rogue
    Frost Dk (not bad but unholy is better)
    Arcane Mage (not bad, other 2 specs better)
    Affli Lock (not bad, other 2 specs better)

so what problems do you have with the game that aren't balance related?

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Seems like every spec has some representation in high rated 3v3 arena except for:

Holy priest
    Outlaw Rogue

honestly?
    lots of auto-cast shit, automatic stuff makes the game look like shit. auto bubble, auto trinket, auto-cast procs and so onwards.
    mage cast while blinking also makes me rage sometimes. "hey imma sheep u, wat, u LoS? LOL, lemme just blink here so u still get sheeped"
    I wish I could use my glad mounts on my alts too, I have no idea why I still can't
    I also wish to quit doing 3v3 and only focus on 2v2ing with my bud, I mean why on earth can't 2v2 give glad again? because of elitist bullshit talk? .-.
    and last, but not least, some more utility for my priest would be nice, as shadow im basically a Tower from WC3 (standing still and causing damage)

balance has been bad in the past, and balance isn't the only problem or the biggest really. boring game play/mechanics, lack of rewards/incentives, ect

PVP is just a DPS race now. No room for counter/clever play. Play OP comps and unload your dps to win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post

Holy priest
    Outlaw Rogue

Actually Whaaz is playing Outlaw and destroying with the spec, most rogues just dont have the innovative skills to make it work I guess?

I still dont think survival hunters should have mortal strike, and demon hunters still feel kinda retarded damage wise.

My problem is a lot of utility was taken away from the classes that needed it and either thrown in as an Honor talent or just completely removed entirely, meanwhile a lot of melee kept the gap closers that they've gained over the years, where-as most ranged now simply do not have the tools anymore to keep them away.

It's impossible to outplay certain classes as another now, previously you could use all the tools at your disposal to outplay an opponent, no matter what class you or they were, that is no longer possible now because most PvP encounters boil down to "who has the stronger burst", the prune needs to be reverted and a lot of abilities need to be given back to players if a lot of melee classes are to keep the gap closers they have.

I see a lot of people say "The game isn't balanced around 1vs1 though!" but they've been saying that for years, but years ago you still had the means to outplay someone, nowadays if you're say.. A warlock or a Balance druid, and a Havoc DH jumps on you, you're far past fucked, you may as well just try to get as much damage into them as possible, but there's a very high probability, that no matter what, chances are, you're GOING to die.

As a BM hunter for example, a warrior will have an answer every time I'm attempting to keep them off me, on shorter cooldowns, a warrior can charge me more often than i can disengage. Melee gained gap closers over the years to help with the ongoing CC and tools ranged received to keep them off them to help balance things out, however ranged classes have now mostly lost all those tools, yet melee kept their gap closers.
    Last edited by JoshuaNLG; 2017-02-27 at 03:10 AM.

Wow plays like a slightly better balanced Diablo3 PvP. Your enemy unloads his shit and someone dies. Counter plays, kiting, LoS is such a thing of the past. WoW had some excellent seasons, namely BC, Wotlk and some Pandaria. Since then it has been awful and it only goes downhill. It's like this extremely streamlined dps race where you have to know the burst phases of each spec. It's not much else because noone does or can do much else. You had utility that could stall the fight but most got pruned or changed into talents with an either/or decision and before you had both.

I didn't think that PvP could get much worse than WoD, but it did.

Deleted
    So it's balanced in/for 3v3 and no where else?

I wonder how many people even play 3v3 compared to all other PvP enviroments.

Deleted
    ye even in arena the tactic is just choosing when to burs and then which class bursts better, theres nothing else to it.

anyone who disagrees is just playing the best burst class and is upset when they find out the reason they win is not their skill level, it is the advantage they have by playing the class
    Last edited by mmoca301a8f416; 2017-02-27 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    Balance is important, but the pvp community being dead in comparison to other expansions is of more concern to me. RBGs are dead. Duels are dead. The reward system sucks and there is no progression system anymore. It feels like more than 50% of the PvP community quit between WoD and now. Back in MoP there were like 200 people in front of SW/OG dueling, looking for RBG groups and arena partners. There were dozens of groups for ANY bracket to choose from. Good times back then...

Deleted
    Holinka is working hard to kill PVP in WoW.

I'm amazed he's still in charge of pvp design, especially after the Trashran fiasco which was entirely his idea.

But then...why am I even posting here, I quit wow back in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Holinka is working hard to kill PVP in WoW.

I'm amazed he's still in charge of pvp design, especially after the Trashran fiasco which was entirely his idea.

But then...why am I even posting here, I quit wow back in November.
    The holinka hate is so pointless, ashran was designed very well as a BG, people didnt like it because they had to do it but it was quite well done. Almost all changes done by holinka in the last 2 expansions were extremely good, catch up conquest, no pve gear mandetory in pvp, boxes in wod and so on. He got screwed by the class designers more then anything else.

Balance has almost no impact on the fun of pvp, pvp is fun if its fun, not when it balanced. Parts of wod were balanced extremely well, yet total shit to play. Class design is what matters, and do you really think holinka has the power to change class design?

Almost all the pvp aspects of the game he has control over are working very well, the stuff he cant control i.e pruning, class design, world pvp and so on are what he is getting hate for. Templates werent put into world pvp not because of the pvp, but because it would screw pve over. Classes have no buttons because of the direction of the game, not because of how he wants it.

The game is quite balanced at the moment, at least concerning 3v3.

I mean do you really blame the lack of abilities, the class gameplay and so on on the PVP(!) developer? Its clearly the fault of the pve part of the dev team. You can blame holinka for the lack of honour gear, honour talents (again, "qq they took away abilities and then gave them back via honour talents, that isnt content as those arent new talents its a cheap ripoff" isnt due to holinka, they removed the abilities for pve, the talents are his only way of giving them back), balance and sort of rewards. But very little else.

Pvp is fun or shit depending on the class designers, not the pvp dev, he just does the stuff around it!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Issue isn't even the balance, it's the dogshit gameplay.

Deleted
    Aggree with most here. Balance is better than ever now, because if you reduce the gameplay to just whoever does the most damage in the least amount of time then balancing just becomes a thing of tuning numbers.

The game is really balanced now, but boring as f**k.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't really care personally, not a big fan of flawlessly "balanced" seasons. Enjoying this arena season more than most however, and for reference I play an arms warrior.

Do hate the aids that is demo lock 1000+ pet spam.
    And boomy might need some looking into.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    Damage wise it feels really balanced. But mechanically, 90% of the specs are so utterly boring with the lack of utility. That's why I play hunter and windwalker monk now. Both were pretty unharmed from the prune. I mean, I used to love warriors but they have not even 2 bars worth of abilities O_o

Damage wise everything is pretty well balanced except for Balance Druids

Utility wise there are more problem than ever after the legion prune

DPS roles with good defensives are the current winners
    Healing roles with best survivability are the current winners
    and the gap is bigger now due to the prune

Game is still not fun cause you know that half of what you suffer when facing a guy has not been thought by the player. Auto snares, auto bubbles, anti-CC persistant mechanics, cleave and three buttons gameplay offering monkeys the possibility to deal insane damage.

Mages being able to cast while blinking, paladins not having to worry to press bubble, paladins mounting in combat, DKs having a 90% pet sac, warriors spell reflect, druid affinities, DH triple stuns, etc. stuff that should make everybody cringe and that no one could have ever thought to ever be in the game a couple of years ago.

That's why the game isn't fun anymore, we all have smartphones to play some stupid arcade games, if people played WoW PvP it was because it was fun tied with a nice franchise and some deep within the classes themselves. Now the PvP side of the game is just a shadow of its former self and they know they can't get anybody new into it and especially only for it like they could before so that's why they prefer to cater it to PvE players to try to stop the bleeding and still make the queues work for those who still play it.

Duelist around 2k on EU, skirmishes taking 3 minutes to proc even during this week just to end up 2v3, RBGs so toxic with the current unfixed meta and a fucked up MMR that makes no sense between 1600 and 2000. Sure that's some snow for AB that's gonna fix it.

Deleted
    PVP in bgs is ok, Arena is just the worst thing ever. But this is due to stat quish that never really happened. I have never played arena in a shape worse than it's now.

this is the worst expansion ever for arena, because it is the worst expansion ever for class design with widespread pruning of classic abilities and replacing them with a bunch of dumb, mindless autocast garbage

sure classes might be relatively 'balanced' but they aren't fun or interesting and arena really suffers as a result

I don't even recognize my main that I have played for 12 years, it breaks my heart honestly
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2017-02-28 at 03:04 AM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams