Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Started binge watching this series a few days ago and I'm now about halfway through season 2.
    It's alright I guess but it does kinda annoy me that someone needs to have some kind of emotional and/or existential crisis literally ever episode so far.

"-I can't do this"
    "- yes you can! I/we believe in you and love you!"
    "-I guess I can do this!"
    "- Yes I/we believe in you and love you!"

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I get that it's to be "expected" from the superhero genre but must they cram in such a moment at least once in every single episode?

/end rant.
    less to do with superheroes and more to do with the fact its a cw show.

cw is basically the "pretty people with insert supernatural or scifi problem here" soap opera channel (well, until it became the comic book show channel) their biggest demographic is usually young women.

this is also why we constantly have love triangle and relationship drama on the shows. its just what people who watch cw like.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Him proposing was so obvious as soon as they showed the room.

Wonder if Savitar can come back because of Jesse being there, that is 3 speedsters on the same Earth at the same time all tapping into the same speed force has to be a huge homing beacon of sorts.

Who else would pay to see King Shark vs Grodd?

I had high hopes for the Gorilla City stuff, but it just felt meh to me. I liked Grodd's previous visits. They still don't have any sort of prep work for facing him though. Lets call out swat vs telepathic gorillas? Where were the mind-blockers? Why speak to Joe Grodd and wait, was Grodd somewhere within LOS or can he use the powers over any distance?

The preview pretty much showed how Savitar comes back, won't spoil anything if you didn't watch it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    so many plot holes in the gorilla episodes.

very sad the quality of Flash writing is starting to diminish to arrow season 4 levels.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    so many plot holes in the gorilla episodes.

very sad the quality of Flash writing is starting to diminish to arrow season 4 levels.
    I'm on episode 12 and I agree. They must have changed writers with Legends, because that show is now much better.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    I'm on episode 12 and I agree. They must have changed writers with Legends, because that show is now much better.
    Funny enough, I stopped watching Legends, figured it be easier to just binge at the end. Flash season 1 was great, season2 had some good and bad, season3 is okay. Arrow I'm usually an episode or two behind, but I've been enjoying it mostly. It just doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

wells isnt as well as he once was well when he was wells before he was replaced with a well wells
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Kind of a dick move by Wally. Why would Iris need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Because wally is a snot nosed brat, like those kids crying and screaming in stores for candy but in his case it was speed. Now hes just cocky and a bit to full of himself.

Man, it's a real shame Quick couldn't just run over there to help Barry. I mean, better to just stay at the base and watch via camera, right?

Because otherwise, Iris would be wearing her engagement ring in the future. She had to be given some reason to not wear it, so hammer home that Barry's attempts to change the future aren't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Because otherwise, Iris would be wearing her engagement ring in the future. She had to be given some reason to not wear it, so hammer home that Barry's attempts to change the future aren't working.
    But he HAS changed a couple things, they even added HR to the roof...

I mean, if Iris had chosen to not marry Barry for some reason and then he had revealed it was only a proposal to try to change the future, it'd be a point of discussion. Wally doing it just to be a dick, meh.

I did like the fragment being the only reason Savitar didn't escape and the implication that Barry's plan was exactly the wrong thing (through it into the Speedforce and he'd get free). Wally's part in it, not so much.

The other thing that was a little disappointing was that Savitar had said he'd be created soon, so when Wally started getting ripped up, I really was hoping he became Savitar.

Just a theory, but I'm hoping Jessie is the key to unraveling Savitars plans. Flashpoint created Kid Flash, but didn't affect Earth2's timeline, so I think there's some leeway in her meddling with Earth 1's timeline that real residents of earth1 don't have.

I'm most likely going to be disappointed of course, as Barry ends up saving the city once again with the power of love or family or something. I certainly don't see them destroying the city in any meaningful way, it's Central City, not Star City.

Yeah, sort of expected that Wally was Savitar too. But I'm actually positively surprised he isn't. Kinda annoying that the Savitar Flash first meets is the "old" Savitar after future Barry already kicked him into the Speedforce (and apparently plans to redo all the things "young" Savitar did because he wants to get kicked into the Speedforce again or something) but hey, more timey wimey mumbo jumbo that doesn't make sense is to be expected by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, sort of expected that Wally was Savitar too. But I'm actually positively surprised he isn't. Kinda annoying that the Savitar Flash first meets is the "old" Savitar after future Barry already kicked him into the Speedforce (and apparently plans to redo all the things "young" Savitar did because he wants to get kicked into the Speedforce again or something) but hey, more timey wimey mumbo jumbo that doesn't make sense is to be expected by now.
    I do hope Season 4 is different, while this years Grodd didn't do much for me, it'd be nice to have a non-speedster villain. Vibe/Cisco works fine, I think, and I'd like a similar position for Caitlin, rather than the "Killer Frost" stuff. Certainly no one gave a crap that Reverb was a bad guy, but apparently icey powers make you evil, or something. I don't need a weepy Caitlin.

Wally has potential, though I'd like him to be noticeably slower. Like Mon-El to Supergirl, powers but not the same scale. Same with Jessie, though at least she can be as fast as him and he's still the "Fastest Man Alive".

I assume Savitar's non-power form is someone we've already seen, hence the no-unmasking, but if not Wally or Alchemy, not sure who is left.

I do hope Season 4 is different, while this years Grodd didn't do much for me, it'd be nice to have a non-speedster villain. Vibe/Cisco works fine, I think, and I'd like a similar position for Caitlin, rather than the "Killer Frost" stuff. Certainly no one gave a crap that Reverb was a bad guy, but apparently icey powers make you evil, or something. I don't need a weepy Caitlin.

Wally has potential, though I'd like him to be noticeably slower. Like Mon-El to Supergirl, powers but not the same scale. Same with Jessie, though at least she can be as fast as him and he's still the "Fastest Man Alive".

I assume Savitar's non-power form is someone we've already seen, hence the no-unmasking, but if not Wally or Alchemy, not sure who is left.
    I agree having a speedster as the big bad every season is getting old, and every time i hear him say I'm the fastest man alive in the opening i keep thinking no your not because RF Zoom and now Savitar are faster than you. Will be BS if Wally ends up faster or even tied with Barry, both Wally and Jesse should be slower and not just have skill/experience being the only difference between them all.

As a side note, have a feeling that in the end it will be Barry who ends up saving Iris after all. Doesn't make sense for a show called The Flash and have a side kick called Kid Flash defeat the big bad or pull off the big save that has been teased for half a season, that would be like Titan or Thea taking down Damien Darhk or Prometheus on Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, to be fair, it seemed like Future-Savitar was using the fact that he was trapped in the Speed Force to manifest anywhere the Philisopher's Stone (which originally gave him his power in the distant past) existed, and was trying to get the stone thrown into the Speed Force with him, first by younger/stupider Barry, and then by Kid Flash, in order to escape the prison Future-Barry locked him in.

Which means we *still* haven't seen Savitar's original first meeting with Flash.

Ok, I'm 13:30 approx into Tuesdays episode hearing Savitar speak through Julian - it's Wally that becomes Xavitar isn't it? The way he speaks as is if the villain is born in that time, and i'm willing to bet the black kid is the one that becomes him. It's always the black kid or the gay guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does Barry find it so easy to be mean to Wally? They too easily get into alpha male bullying beta male or showing his dominance, just in the times when they clash

- - - Updated - - -

well, i've finished the episode, Wally is not Savitar - what an interesting end - so what will happen i wonder.

- - - Updated - - -

one thing i like about Barry is how vulnerable he is as a hero, he's very human, flaws en all, he's not a broken individual ofc but, many of Barry's problems are created by Barry, but the source of them is the fear and hurt, and pain he experiences because of others.

But i hope people seeing this realize that loss and suffering are part and parce of life, but doing good is the noblest pursuit, doing the right thing even if you have to suffer for it, I'm reminded of the real Jesus, who does nothing but good and gets suffering onto death as his reward, and i love the attitude - it's not sarcastic and cynical comments like "one good turn deserves another or serves me right ofr doing it" - he endures the pain and it doesn't daunt his resolve.

Sometimes helping others and making a difference for good will cost you, cost you time, money, health, well being, for some even your life, - this is the noblest course of all. Never be daunted and don't let haters or thoae who perpetuate the evil you stand against ever dissuade you or discourage or dull the firey zeal in you.

Touching episode, not MARVEL Season 5 ending level of touching, but really touching..liked it.

What i find ironic is all the shit getting thrown at Barry for making Flashpoint but RF did the same thing, S1/2 was technically a Reverse-Flashpoint. He went back in time killed Barrys mom and thus created a new time line.

Good news is that Jay will get out eventually, either when they rescue him or when future Barry tosses Savitar in there so Jay can get out.

Last weeks episode with Wally being fast enough to save Iris had a major plot hole with him being fast enough, in the future Barry was standing right there while Wally had a lot of time to pick up speed with that race. If Wally was standing there just like Barry was he wouldn't of been fast enough either, they have showed that it takes them a little time to reach top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    What i find ironic is all the shit getting thrown at Barry for making Flashpoint but RF did the same thing, S1/2 was technically a Reverse-Flashpoint. He went back in time killed Barrys mom and thus created a new time line.
    Barry is the hero, he's supposed to know better.

It seems like the Waverider crew, as Stein said, have the luxury of correcting their mistakes by the nature of their time travel; once speedsters break something, they tend to stay broken, and trying to fix them only screws up something else.

But it is true that everything we see on CW DC shows is part of an altered timeline, and we've never seen the "original" past, present, or future pre-Eobard's meddling.

Should shush all the non believers of the black flash being Zoom.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk