Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    No it's not
    I've seen tons of arguments that say it does favor them mapwise. But there are others that say it doesn't. Can we do some mythbusting here and see if its legit or not?

The towers themselves lead to alliance favored. Being able to LoS the guards = advantage for alliance.

Deleted
    Aliance could be favored (i don't know if it's true) but it's not just that, they have incredible defense.
    I mean i always see like 8 people defending the first Alliance tower. They know how to defend.

The Horde rushes to the boss and leaves all the previous towers open to be taken back.

ALso, it can't be a coincidence Alliance also wins IoC. Maybe they know how to play this kind of Battleground?

No it's not
    yes it is
    do the horde have a bridge that makes defending easier as it funnels and allows for knockback?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    The map is alliance favored for one
    I'm tired of this BS when most maps are horde favored.

Mines? Both short cart spawn just outside the horde spawn.

Twin peaks? Horde base has a freaking Water exit! You aren't gonna go anywhere fast with that flag or you will have to pass by the horde spawn point. Horde side? The alliance base is in a hill, you can freaking glide out of it all the way to the horde spawn point. Also, conveniently, you can throw people off the cliff on the horde path and instead of a tunnel of water its a tiny river cross.

Arathi basin? Flags are closer to horde bases (farm, BS, LM), they are all observable from each other and the path between them is shorter.

Isle of conquest? Alliance has the glaive strategy. Glaives hp nerfed to 3 hits, demo's that horde takes have above 7m hp and you can take 4.

The maps are in their majority horde biased and tbh its quite infuriating. I really don't want to hear you greave for AV when they have changed it on horde favor multiple times already.
    I think it's time to change the horde biased ones tbqh.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-02-27 at 03:03 AM.

Ill give you alliances secrets when you give me Horde's secrets for Strand of the Ancients

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    ALso, it can't be a coincidence Alliance also wins IoC. Maybe they know how to play this kind of Battleground?
    maybe its because the fact that there are 40 players total on each faction reduces an individual players' agency, and thus, even if there are less skilled players on the Alliance side, they can perform better overall due to sheer numbers?

As an Alliance player, I wonder how the fuck we win other BG's on occasion, but AV and IoC are easy to win, and my assumption is that its because there are more people involved in the battle, so there are more people who potentially are competent either in skill or strategy.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes it is
    do the horde have a bridge that makes defending easier as it funnels and allows for knockback?
    I'm having a lot of trouble finding on youtube or even a simple article in why Alliance have the advantage.
    All i found was this from WowWiki

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Altera...tical_overview
    At this time, Alliance does have a significant advantage; issues such as the placement of NPCs in the two bases, which used to be balanced by other issues in a fuller game, and the terrain itself when used in race games, cater to the lowest common denominator of the two forces. However, Alliance, even with the perceived advantage, does not win AV an unbalanced amount of the time, though a thorough examination of rated battlegrounds might show if this advantage can be pressed in such a way to make the horde lose every time.

This is simply a reflection on the playerbase, and how they have chosen to play, rather than issues of balance inherent in the map, which is after all, objectively, being abused to gain as much honor as possible.
    And a lot of other Advantages from both sides like Alliance having Archers NPC's but Horde having harder to climb towers
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-02-27 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they've changed it even the Horde towers are crappier. Alliance ones are open with tons of space for archers to shoot people trying to cap and the Horde one once you run inside the little hut MAYBE 1 can hit you off the flag... That was always my biggest peeve anyway.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

No it's not
    saying a terrain bottleneck is not strategically advantageous in 2017

topkek
    great luls

ask any human in warfare about that. in history. ever.

I did a bunch of BGs recently to get the 1000 HKs artifact tint. I will say that Alliance is good at AV - if by "good" you mean they win maybe ~40% and lose ~60%, compared to winning maybe ~20% and losing ~80% in all the other BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by awbaker View Post
    Ill give you alliances secrets when you give me Horde's secrets for Strand of the Ancients
    Haha, yeah, I'll say Strand is maybe 5% Alliance win 95% Horde. And we can't put that one down to terrain imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I'm having a lot of trouble finding on youtube or even a simple article in why Alliance have the advantage.
    All i found was this from WowWiki

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Altera...tical_overview

And a lot of other Advantages from both sides like Alliance having Archers NPC's but Horde having harder to climb towers
    as others say, the horde towers are worse, the horde towers are "harder to climb" is not really true, yes they take alittle bit longer, but the thing is that you can capture the flag with only 1 archer able to hit you, where with the alliance you need to clear all the archers, as they can all see you since the alliance ones are wid and open

I blacklist AV and IoC on my chars, i play mostly melee and i have no interest in zerging and dying for nothing. Its just range ppl poking from each side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    as others say, the horde towers are worse, the horde towers are "harder to climb" is not really true, yes they take alittle bit longer, but the thing is that you can capture the flag with only 1 archer able to hit you, where with the alliance you need to clear all the archers, as they can all see you since the alliance ones are wid and open
    Huh? You can kill 1 archer and cap every single Alliance bunker. Period. Each one has the exact same set up. It also requires about 3 movements to get to the top - jump up the first flight, pivot and jump over the next 2, hop over to the flag or go directly to kill the archer across from the flag, cap.

Problem is that Horde can never be found at the bunkers. They can, however, be generating a lot of collective warmth around an uncapped Aid Station flag.

I seem to have a horrible time in PvP regardless of which faction I play. I play horde, but I use the mercenary system to play as Alliance for a faster queue. But then I end up with clueless players, who only want to farm honorable kills in the mid rather then winning the match. But it goes the same way when I play as horde...

Coulda swore there was a PvP subforum 'round here somewhere.......
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked AV (2008+) when the Horde starting cave was closer to mid and the Alliance whinged and boycotted AV like sissies for 3 months before Blizzard caved in and changed it again.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gods in AV? No, allians aren't particularly good it it, decent at best.

They are just so bad in the other BGS that it makes me lose faith in humans. Alliance PvP makes me wonder if monkeys are actually playing, literally. Most groups are so bad I find it amazing to imagine these people even managed to log in OR figure out how to breathe or eat in real life. They play so bad it's amazing they are actually ALIVE, I mean how can anyone be this bad?

There is your answer

overall the player impact a lot in the BGs outcome. people usually like to blame it on the team, but in general bad players have a below-50% winrate in BGs while good ones always have it over 55%.
    Sure, bad teammates will be those 45-40% losses, but in general smaller the BG bigger are the chances you'll carry.
    People say "my horde dude wins all the time" and then forget to check their winrate charts are always close to 50% when they're over 300 games played.
    My alliance Priest sits at 60%+ winrate with 1610 games played

First off all, Horde always cap Stonehart graveyard and with that, every dead Ally spawns in base. This players most of time can't go south anymore because there are to many hordes on the road which you cant avoid and they start defending.
    2nd, why horde stealthers never go directly to DB? When I played feral first thing I did was cap both DB bunkers. At the start most of the time there are no Alliance players in DB, so stealthers just have to run north and cap DB.
    3rd, defending Galv never works. Only if you are Russian or German and even then matches usually last to long.
    4th, rarely I see tower defenders. Except in Russian or German raids. There should always be 2 groups of 5 that recap towers.

And 5th. Alliance is not better, almost every match someone caps IB gy... or caps the tower and leaves it empty. The only difference I think is, that when things go bad, we try to step together and follow the lead. On the Horde side, when things go bad, they go AFK...