Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Half way through La La Land's Best Picture speech it was revealed the real winner for Best Picture is Moonlight.

They used the Best Actress Leading Role Envelope
    They can put a Land on the Moon but they can't hand a guy the right envelope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    And these are the people who lecture us about our election integrity. Oh, Trump is gonna have fun with this one...
    But he was the one who said it was rigged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Funny cus last year's was mostly the whitest movies you could find that won

like... Spotlight?

-- Oh , wait I know where this is gonna transition to now
    That's partly why Moonlight won probably because the Academy didn't want to hear about the oscars so white shit

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Sometimes they are. Sometimes they aren't. It's just annoying how predictable the Academy is.
    The goal is not to give it to someone unpredictable. Its to give to the most worthy winner. So for the most cases, it goes hand-in-hand

The goal is not to give it to someone unpredictable. Its to give to the most worthy winner.
    Right... that's how it works. C'mon now.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    why do always boring movies win the oscar.

Like don't those guys watch some serious cool stuff like Iron Man, Transformers or Resident Evil The Final Chapter
    Because they are retard level of story writing. Some are quite enjoyable but lets not pretend they are well acted or good stories.
    Last edited by Unhinged; 2017-02-27 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats Moonedland!!!!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Right... that's how it works. C'mon now.
    Based on the members of the Academy. It doesnt mean its right or accurate because its artwork, it has no right or wrong answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Because they are retard level of story righting.
    ZE IRONY

The goal is not to give it to someone unpredictable. Its to give to the most worthy winner. So for the most cases, it goes hand-in-hand
    No it isn't. The Academy gets shit all the time from critics for picking films for self-promoting or politically motivated reasons.

This year it was a political reason, last year was partially politically, 2014 was self promoting, 2013 was political, 2012 was self promoting, 2011 was self promoting. It goes on and on.

Based on the members of the Academy. It doesnt mean its right or accurate because its artwork, it has no right or wrong answer.

- - - Updated - - -

ZE IRONY
    Yeah, that's why a film like Shakespeare in Love is chosen over Saving Private Ryan.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Yeah, that's why a film like Shakespeare in Love is chosen over Saving Private Ryan.
    Nitpicking on the most infamous award years and excluding 80 other years is actually my point.

Its artwork and still voted by the members of the Academy. Luckily theres other awards like the Teen's choice Awards would probably be more suitable since youd be allow to vote then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    No it isn't. The Academy gets shit all the time from critics for picking films for self-promoting or politically motivated reasons.

This year it was a political reason, last year was partially politically, 2014 was self promoting, 2013 was political, 2012 was self promoting, 2011 was self promoting. It goes on and on.
    These awards get political by the Host or Winner making their speech, but not the voting process itself.

You're stating they have a different agenda each year now.

- - - Updated - - -

Nitpicking on the most infamous award years and excluding 80 other years is actually my point.

Its artwork and still voted by the members of the Academy. Luckily theres other awards like the Teen's choice Awards would probably be more suitable since youd be allow to vote then

- - - Updated - - -

These awards get political by the Host or Winner making their speech, but not the voting process itself.

You're stating they have a different agenda each year now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oddly enough, the agendas change depending on which party is in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    why do always boring movies win the oscar.

Like don't those guys watch some serious cool stuff like Iron Man, Transformers or Resident Evil The Final Chapter
    o_0
    Iron Man may be decent, transformers is just explosions and average entertainment (it's not as horrible as some people make it out to be..), but your resident evil entry is gotta be a joke right? That stuff is sinfully bad and I actually liked the first couple of movies for what they were..

That being said, never heard about the movie that won. But I'm not surprised by that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    o_0
    Iron Man may be decent, transformers is just explosions and average entertainment (it's not as horrible as some people make it out to be..), but your resident evil entry is gotta be a joke right? That stuff is sinfully bad and I actually liked the first couple of movies for what they were..
    Hell or High Water should have gotten more accolades, especially since it hand an indie feel, a well paced script, and solid acting.

The whole "mixup" thing was a very obvious publicity stunt.

Nobody saw Moonlight and the Oscars does shit ratings.

This whole thing was their attempt to drum up attention for both the ceremony and the movie. More people talking about it, maybe more people will see it, etc.

And yes, the only reason it won was because of all the crying and bellyaching last year. No way in hell does it win otherwise.

Welcome to the wonderful world of affirmative action, where the achievements of black people have to be viewed with skepticism. See why AA sucks?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a thread on the Oscars here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ie-Oscars-2017