Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, it's not hard to find 900+ people today. Even if it's doable with lower, its faster, safer and smoother with higher. And like I said, you fill a 900 group in no time these days.

You can make your own groups but odds are people see your hp or armory you and leave. Maybe try get some friends or be ready to spend some time recruiting people.

For Nightbane, 860 is too low either way. If you can clear Karazhan it doesn't mean you can do it timed. Nightbane is made as a bonus for those who outwear the instance, not for those who benefit from gear dropped in the dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Because they're idiots. Welcome to pugs. Avoid them entirely, and your gameplay experience will be better.
    Nah, they aren't idiots. They are actually smart to ask for high item levels when inviting people you don't know.

OP can form his own PuG for Karazhan and ask for lower iteml evels if he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    ?? Usually 875 EN HC groups are fine.
    Ever since NH released, I have not been able to get a single good EN hc group, it always ends up shit. A few weeks before NH was released, 875 enhc was very easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokks View Post
    I mean, how blind can someone be? Just because your friend is able to run m+ all day long with your 900+ friends does not mean that everyone is capable of doing so. There are people who got work to do.
    I work, and I not only play wow, I also play cs, so the time for wow is actually pretty small. I did 1 m+ last week, and I am sitting at 900, and I started wow mid november. There are guilds you can join you know, that raids 2 times a week. If you can't play the game more then 10-12 hours a week, a game you pay to play, then maybe you should not expect to be with those who expects you to put in some results.

TL;DR
    You can play very little wow and still have the ilvl people demands to weed out those who mistook premade groups for lfr/daily hc

Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    Not to be a dick, but you're probably not at the point required for a Nightbane run then.
    I just successfully tank a nightbane run at 868 brewmaster monk.... with ease... ended up with damn nice upgrades, now im like 871 lol
    Last edited by Burnick; 2017-02-27 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnick View Post
    I just successfully tank a nightbane run on im at the time 868 brewmaster monk.... with ease... ended up with so damn nice upgrades, now im like 871 lol
    Nobody said you couldn't do Nightbane around the 860-870 mark. People said it takes co-ordination. Which it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I see groups like NIGHTBANE RUN 900+ FAST FAST FAST, lowest I've seen is 870+. Like what the fuck lol. I'm doing mythic dungeons and LFR and I'm like 860.
    Just a tip: Start your own group you get a spot, and can pick those ilvl players you want. Now the really fun part - would you pick mainly players with the same ilvl as you (860) or go for those 880+ ?

Think about it.

Deleted
    You can't really tell if the player is good or bad just from ilvl now. My spriest has been 110lvl for 1d 18h and it's ilvl 883. By no means I know how to play my class, according to sims I should do about 100-150k more dps than I'm currently doing on most fights. But just because of my ilvl and bought achievements, I get to raids and yet haven't been kicked from any because of low dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    The best groups are those +2s asking for 890+.

I signed up to a +2 last night on my 871 shaman, it's like my 5th alt and dinged a few days ago so it's not uber geared yet... The leader actually asked me to link him Keystone Master.

For a +2

?????????
    did you honestly expect anything else from wow playerbase in 2017 ?

its almost hitting toxicity levels of LoL playerbase

Deleted
    Its the same with all the other group content. For every week that passed, the requirements are increasing.

I usually went into kara with my premade group of friends. The first time I ever died/wiped was in a pug with 890 avg in december. This happend never before, not even the first attempt of nightbane with usual ilvl at this time (firsttry firstkill). Even with extrem overpowered gear for that dungeon ppl sucks really really hard.

Why? Because they can

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I see groups like NIGHTBANE RUN 900+ FAST FAST FAST, lowest I've seen is 870+. Like what the fuck lol. I'm doing mythic dungeons and LFR and I'm like 860.
    Because the more ilvl the player has the faster/safer the run will be ? Isn't that obvious ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    There is propably some sort of psychological thing in this.
    I've seen a lot of 830 people making groups of "900+ only", and the weird part is that they actually get those 900+ guys there.
    But I think I solved the puzzle. It's about making someone feel like they're priviledged to that (Even tho that's totally NOT the case)
    If I add two doors somewhere and write "Good guys" on the other, and maybe leave the other blank, people will go through the "good guy" door instead of the blank one.
    Why? Because there's a weird psychological thing in it which I can't explain why it happens, all I know it happens.
    its nothing new or surprising - the same was happening in past

when i was famring garosh looms all i had to do was to get lockout on paragons on main - then i was able to run 11 alts through Hc garry while demanding 585 itlv for joining while being on shitty 535 alts - and nobody pointed it out even once

wow playerbase is simply that idiotic /shrug

Your crying about other people wanting to maximize their level of success by inviting 900+ players? Really? The stupidity is strong with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nobody said you couldn't do Nightbane around the 860-870 mark. People said it takes co-ordination. Which it does.
    So... when does ilvl and coordination correlate? Do i get more coordinated when i get more versatility or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    So... when does ilvl and coordination correlate? Do i get more coordinated when i get more versatility or something?
    If you're ilvl is high enough you can faceroll the boss.

Whether the ilvl 870 guy in dungeon finder is coordinated or not is unknown to the group leader.

BTW I don't run full pug groups and me/my mate(s) are usually enough to carry a Kara run so we invite whoever - it's still a logical perspective in a full random group
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-02-27 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Because the more ilvl the player has the faster/safer the run will be ? Isn't that obvious ?
    Fun anecdote, last two weeks 2 out of 5 hall of valor 10+ keys were busted by 900+ ilvl players, 3 finished halls of valor were with players below 900. The only constants were me, my wife and our guild tank and rogue. Weird.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Fun anecdote, last two weeks 2 out of 5 hall of valor 10+ keys were busted by 900+ ilvl players, 3 finished halls of valor were with players below 900. The only constants were me, my wife and our guild tank and rogue. Weird.
    So basicly your entire group was premade and you still busted +10 keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    If you're ilvl is high enough you can faceroll the boss.
    That's a valid point to make, but you better take someone 870 who did timerun 8 times than 900+ first timer, because, you know, no amount of gear saves you "oh shit there was an elite skeleton near the first crystal shitfuck sorry" and everyone dies. Yeah. Happened to me once, never again pugging this shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idge View Post
    So basicly your entire group was premade and you still busted +10 keys.
    kinda hard to finish the HoV when 900+ elemental shaman casts 3 lightnings (chain lightnings included) through the whole dungeon, or healer simply falling over on every single boss you know. Dem 900+ characters tho.

My point is that high ilvl is not equal experience. Not everything can be blasted away by enough DPS, especially content with limited amount of players, like, nightbane run, since personal responsibility is quite high.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-02-27 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    I am not in a raiding guild and I play 3 chars. My "main" demon hunter is 902 , my "alt" lock is 890 and my herbalist hunter is 886 (equipped not general). I have done like 5 heroic clears with my dh, 7/10hc once and 2 normal (not even full) with my lock, and 2 times like 3-4/10 with my hunter in Nighthold with pugs. Other than that I do 1 m+ (around 5-6lvl) once with my alts for the weekly and +15 with my dh and the emissaries.

Nightbane Karazhan was a struggle with 870 before, to a place were making 1-2 mistakes would result in a failure. It is old content at this time, and since playing a character for max 4 hours a week the past month you can get 880+ why even bother make the run a struggle when in can be done without stress and with room for errors. Being at this time 860 is not the random people's fault, but yours, and if you so badly want Nightbane before getting the gear the public is asking (890 is achievable with pugging and not even every boss) you should just buy a boost, dont ask for a free one from others
    You must have been farming m+ ALOT

My point is that high ilvl is not equal experience. Not everything can be blasted away by enough DPS, especially content with limited amount of players, like, nightbane run, since personal responsibility is quite high.
    I agree, higher ilvl however does increase the probability of a good player, but there are plenty of shit players with unexplainable high ilvl (Dumb luck I assume, or really good friends carrying them in mythic).