Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Equipped ilvl showing instead of what's in bags? Blue post perhaps?

Morning fellow forum dwellers. This is my first post (yay me?), so please let me know if I've entered it into the wrong place, wrong forum, wrong sodding anything... that would be much appreciated.

Only question I wanted to ask, after reading many threads on the 'legendary system padding ilvls', I was curious as to whether it might be possible to change it so the players ilvl that they have equipped at the time of queing shows up.

For example, a friend I play with is 899 equipped, DK tank - however as he somehow (honest to heck it still bewilders me how) has 8 legendaries in his bags. This pads his ilvl to 917 when in que, which is quite deceptive.

Is this something that's been asked before / being looked into?

Thanks very much in advance,
    Marv

No way as far as I know. Would be nice if Blizz implemented something like this.

So you then set up a que equip with highest itemlevel possible and your real equip for hightest damage possible.
    And what do you gain? Ok, you mitigate some itemlevel through not being able to equip more then 2 legendaries.

Is that really such a big problem by now? I don´t think it is. Itemlevel expectations have always been set to what is "easily" possible.
    So by now having 4 legendaries and therefore padding your itemlevel is expected of players with 900+ itemlevel or even a little lower.

Haven't playes much or are new? Sorry, but you didn´t get invited in earlier expacs either. It is a little harder to bridge the gap for higher things this expac but it is still doable. Moreso when you join a guild. Which I count as a plus. Being in a guild has some more worth this expac. Or making friends at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how the total ilvl (instead of equipped) even got into the game. Or why can you even see this? It's completely irrelevant what you CAN equip, all that matter is what you actually have equipped. AND the thing is, you CAN'T even equip it as you can only have 2 legendaries EQ same time, so these numbers doesn't even show potential, they are only lies.

Hopefully leaders aren't lazy and actually armory the players before hand. However, Armory is broken and show 2 ilvl below actually equipped. If it says 895, the player has 897 (IF he/she has 2 equipped legendaries) because the armory count all legendaries as 910 and not 940.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    So you then set up a que equip with highest itemlevel possible and your real equip for hightest damage possible.
    And what do you gain? Ok, you mitigate some itemlevel through not being able to equip more then 2 legendaries.

Is that really such a big problem by now? I don´t think it is. Itemlevel expectations have always been set to what is "easily" possible.
    So by now having 4 legendaries and therefore padding your itemlevel is expected of players with 900+ itemlevel or even a little lower.

Haven't playes much or are new? Sorry, but you didn´t get invited in earlier expacs either. It is a little harder to bridge the gap for higher things this expac but it is still doable. Moreso when you join a guild. Which I count as a plus. Being in a guild has some more worth this expac. Or making friends at least.
    You invite someone expecting them to be 920 ilvl. They join and they're 900. Ok, no so bad, 900 is pretty good. You add someone who is 860, only for them to have 3 legendaries and actually be 847. Now, there's a lot of issues (eg much lower damage than anticipated -> wipe -> people leave) possibly?

Deleted
    That useless, then people would just equip their highest gear before joining. And ilvl says nothing. My 855 Karacloak is better than any 925 Cloak I could get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirilla View Post
    That useless, then people would just equip their highest gear before joining. And ilvl says nothing. My 855 Karacloak is better than any 925 Cloak I could get.
    But realistically you can't, legendaries are the biggest buffer of ilvl at the moment. Anything else that's let's say... 15-20 ilvls higher are generally used due to the overall stat increase (obviously this varies massively across classes).

I guess it's circumstantial, but for the instance where a lot of players are now on legendary number 6 or so, it makes it quite easy to jump in a group with them thinking you're 'high ilvl, high dps, high everything', when in reality you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirilla View Post
    You can't equip 8 legendaries...

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    You invite someone expecting them to be 920 ilvl. They join and they're 900. Ok, no so bad, 900 is pretty good. You add someone who is 860, only for them to have 3 legendaries and actually be 847. Now, there's a lot of issues (eg much lower damage than anticipated -> wipe -> people leave) possibly?
    Maybe you should think about this again. We know people have more itemlevel shown than they have equipped. It´s been like this since the dungeonfinder was implemented in it´s current form. So we expect to get less then what´s shown. The PUG community has always accounted for such things. Which has always been a source for whiny posts on this forum. But in the end there is nothing you can do about it. This time is the first you could potentially do something because more legendaries get counted then you can equip. But is this really such a big problem that blizz has to put work into it? Not in my eyes. We can handle this fine.

But equipped ilvl is also bad... because of stat weights and gem sockets. Someone with 880 equipped and optimal stats + some sockets can actually have better gear than someone with 890 and bad stats. So best would be to count only the ilvl of the 2 legendaries that are equipped, and for other sockets count the highest possible in bags.

But you gotta give credit to someone who has 8 legendaries, they've probably played the game alot and know what they're doing. And their artifact level is probably high but ilvl doesn't count that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So... the problem isn't in the ilvl display but in giving people multiple extremely powerful (ilvl wise anyway) items and then only limiting them to equip a very limited number.

Your trying to fight a symptom. Not the cause.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So... the problem isn't in the ilvl display but in giving people multiple extremely powerful (ilvl wise anyway) items and then only limiting them to equip a very limited number.

Your trying to fight a symptom. Not the cause.
    You're grasping at straws here

Quote Originally Posted by Marvino View Post
    Morning fellow forum dwellers. This is my first post (yay me?), so please let me know if I've entered it into the wrong place, wrong forum, wrong sodding anything... that would be much appreciated.

Only question I wanted to ask, after reading many threads on the 'legendary system padding ilvls', I was curious as to whether it might be possible to change it so the players ilvl that they have equipped at the time of queing shows up.

For example, a friend I play with is 899 equipped, DK tank - however as he somehow (honest to heck it still bewilders me how) has 8 legendaries in his bags. This pads his ilvl to 917 when in que, which is quite deceptive.

Is this something that's been asked before / being looked into?

Thanks very much in advance,
    Marv
    Off topic:Once I saw that you are from the UK, I cant help but read your topic in an English accent <3.
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    The Itemlevel is not just from legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Off topic:Once I saw that you are from the UK, I cant help but read your topic in an English accent <3.
    Jolly good to hear old chap! <33333

"Where did this come from?"
    It came from folks holding gear in their bags of higher ilvl but not appropriate stats etc - temporarily equipping all the spare gear to buff their ilvl and queuing.
    So they made it just count the best items you could equip anyhow. Doesn't quite mesh with legendaries but that's why.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't know how the total ilvl (instead of equipped) even got into the game. Or why can you even see this? It's completely irrelevant what you CAN equip, all that matter is what you actually have equipped. AND the thing is, you CAN'T even equip it as you can only have 2 legendaries EQ same time, so these numbers doesn't even show potential, they are only lies.

Hopefully leaders aren't lazy and actually armory the players before hand. However, Armory is broken and show 2 ilvl below actually equipped. If it says 895, the player has 897 (IF he/she has 2 equipped legendaries) because the armory count all legendaries as 910 and not 940.
    Because else I'd get an addon to do it for me :^. Also, it's rather nice to know I forgot to equip an item, as I did on my druid alt. Got a titan forged 920. 100% forgot about it until I saw my total Ilvl wasn't 891, since I had the normal non titan on.

ON Topic: Just depending on their Ill - a few. If the person is 910 take 10 or so off, if the person is 900 take 6 off.
    If the person is <890. Dont take any numbers off.

Im sitting on 4 legendaries on my main, 904 equip, and 912 bags. My main druid alt. 896,68Bags. 891 equip. Has 3. It's rather easy to have a rough estimate of peoples gear.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    If you somehow present the equipped ilvl instead of the total ilvl people would feel forced to equip everything they got and unequip once you are into the group.

Now you cant equip those wonderful 8 legendaries you got but you always have non-legendary items that are not optimal so you dont use it despite being higher ilvl.

Please dont make do that.

Its annonying to unequip an arcanocrystal and a 890 tier piece because you got a 900 trinket (performing worse than arcanocrystal) and a 900 item with worst stats ever. Even if it is just 2-3 ilvl people would do that(specially if you are around round numbers : 890,895,900,905...).

The solution to this issue is very simple: total ilvl only considers the two legendaries that gives you the higher ilvl.

Just that. It does not matter wich legs you have equipped its just : picking legs 1-2 gives higher ilvl that legs 3-4? Yes.Then that's the legs you consider and thats your total ilvl.
    Of course there's still a gap between total and equipped (and it will always be this way) but at least the difference wont be 10+ ilvls.

Or dont care...it is an option too.Just think everyone is -10 ilvl and call it a day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Because else I'd get an addon to do it for me :^. Also, it's rather nice to know I forgot to equip an item, as I did on my druid alt. Got a titan forged 920. 100% forgot about it until I saw my total Ilvl wasn't 891, since I had the normal non titan on.

ON Topic: Just depending on their Ill - a few. If the person is 910 take 10 or so off, if the person is 900 take 6 off.
    If the person is <890. Dont take any numbers off.

Im sitting on 4 legendaries on my main, 904 equip, and 912 bags. My main druid alt. 896,68Bags. 891 equip. Has 3. It's rather easy to have a rough estimate of peoples gear.

Yes, it could be rather easy to calculate, but it would be even better if the system just show EQ. At least in the finder. It can show you your total ilvl but when you sign, only EQ should be shown.

This isn't an official forum, so you won't get a blue post here.

And as for equipped vs in-bag, in-bag ilvl should only be visible to the player. Others should only see equipped ilvl.