Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    If someone with a gun asks you if you are here illegally, the only answer you should give is

NO
    “Ray, when someone asks if you're a God, you say YES.”
    But in all seriousness, well, we know who's to blame for that, don't we?

Doesn't make it any less fucked up or tragic, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    You know what's funny? When people rant and rave about how evil and despicable Hillary was for making her "basket of deplorables" speech and how she demonized and put down all of the Trump supporters, and how she is a terrible and evil person for having made the comment. Yet suddenly, when Trump does the exact same thing, but with even less tact and a bare blip of a "and maybe not a handful of you" comment, it magically means something completely different and Trump really isn't such a bad guy and he really didn't mean what was coming out of his mouth.

The double standards and hypocrisy are legendary.
    But don't you know? That's basically tag-line classic Republican.

You can't get any more right leaning once you've fooled yourself into your own hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The interesting thing worth discussing here too is Trumps reaction to the shooting which has been....nothing. If a foreign born citizen had shot 3 Americans he would have tweeted his balls off by now. It's the exact same response he had to the Montreal mosque shooting. Apparently shootings which don't further his agenda aren't worth talking about and yet he complains about the media and their bias.
    Which is exactly why he is an incompetent moron that basically stumbled into the job drunk thinking it's as easy as failing a business to bankruptcy.

Anything that doesn't further Donald's ego or his influence isn't worth talking about. To Donald, atleast.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    If someone with a gun asks you if you are here illegally, the only answer you should give is

NO
    I wonder if they actually said yes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I wonder if they actually said yes?
    Hopefully they said 'fuck off hillbilly'

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    we're here legally
    whatever you say ...

This is Trump's fault. Cops being killed wasn't Obama's fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    This is Trump's fault. Cops being killed wasn't Obama's fault.
    I don't remember Obama stating he was going to put cops on a watch list, restrict immigration of people based on whether they were cops or not, and put massive travel restrictions on people from areas frequented by police officers, all regardless of whether the cops involved, or even cops in any significant number, proved to be a problem.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If I say

"Pigeons, they're stupid shits"

are you going to assume I mean "some pigeons are smart!" ?
    Except he said "some". People, including MSM, keep leaving that very important word out.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The interesting thing worth discussing here too is Trumps reaction to the shooting which has been....nothing. If a foreign born citizen had shot 3 Americans he would have tweeted his balls off by now. It's the exact same response he had to the Montreal mosque shooting. Apparently shootings which don't further his agenda aren't worth talking about and yet he complains about the media and their bias.
    Did Fox News report on it yet? He only seems to be capable of tweeting news that was on Fox and Friends lately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    Shocking to see; and even more shocking to know this man was clearly incited by the recent wave of anti-immigrant hate speech in the USA. Despite the people being targeted we're here legally; he still took one of their lives. Bottom line if you're brown watch your back; psychos are psychos.

Olathe shooting: Friend and widow on US shooting
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39095074
    Most Trump Rust Belt supporters are only 4-5 weeks away of no paycheck/disability from having an episode like this guy had.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Well why isn't this terrorism? A gun walks in and shoots up a bar. Oh i forgot he is white.
    If he planned it, it's terrorism.

10+ Year Old Account
    The FBI and DHS both put out statements of concern last year over right-wingers, who cause the vast majority of domestic terrorism in the US.

Remember the Trump supporter who gunned down two cops in cold blood over a confederate flag days before the election?

Now I guess they are getting their jollies by shooting innocent US citizens and desecrating Jewish graves. Imagine that.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Well why isn't this terrorism? A gun walks in and shoots up a bar. Oh i forgot he is white.
    I'm sure you were legitimately asking this and were more saying this to be an @$$ but I'll bite and treat it like it is.

For starters, Terrorism is generally a federal crime. This guy was arrested by local police. Only feds can arrest on fed charges.
    Secondly, shooting a couple of people in a bar is different than "shoots up a bar." Though I would love to be able to charge gang members for terrorism every time they did a drive by and hit more than one person.
    Third, its not even close to being an act of terrorism. Hate crime, that's much more likely, but terrorism, not even close. Generally a motivation to instill fear etc is part of a terrorist act. Being a racist asshole, regardless of race, doesn't cut it. Despite what your feelings might desire.

I'd love to hear how you think this meets the elements of terrorism.

7+ Year Old Account
    And yet, the real responsibility in the aftermath must be shouldered by those left alive....

Teach your children better, try to live and think with an open mind, be good to yourself and others.

This seems like no brainer advice, right? Even those on the far end of any spectrum have some fragment of humanity inside of them which triggers an empathetic response.
    Unless they have something physically wrong with their mind.

And then the endless arguing and debates rage, people choosing sides and hurling opinions across the table like it was a food fight and the most harm that can come is a bit of mashed potatoes in your hair...

People keep dying due to our stubborn unwillingness to change as a whole. People can be better than they are, but they need to remove their own blinders first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    The FBI and DHS both put out statements of concern last year over right-wingers, who cause the vast majority of domestic terrorism in the US.

Remember the Trump supporter who gunned down two cops in cold blood over a confederate flag days before the election?

Now I guess they are getting their jollies by shooting innocent US citizens and desecrating Jewish graves. Imagine that.
    Espe, there's no such thing as right wing terrorists. These people, they're not Trump supporters. Don't lump them in with them. They're just lone nutjobs who have no affiliation with them, and no affiliation with all of the calls on r/The_Donald to "use force (lethal if necessary) to remove illegal immigrants from this country".

Don't you understand Espe! Conservatives can't be terrorists!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Espe, there's no such thing as right wing terrorists. These people, they're not Trump supporters. Don't lump them in with them. They're just lone nutjobs who have no affiliation with them, and no affiliation with all of the calls on r/The_Donald to "use force (lethal if necessary) to remove illegal immigrants from this country".

Don't you understand Espe! Conservatives can't be terrorists!
    LOL right, I forgot the FBI and DHS are only to be trusted when they boost the chances of a right-winger stealing the election with help from Russia.

My bad
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    LOL right, I forgot the FBI and DHS are only to be trusted when they boost the chances of a right-winger stealing the election with help from Russia.

My bad
    Still waiting on visible or undeniable proof russia was involved though.

Our area, almost everyone is brown. I'm pretty sure there are a ton of illegals here, but I don't mind. Everyone seems friendly and our neighbors (who are mexican) constantly invite us over every weekend for BBQ. Their son even mows our lawn to get credit for community service! So this past Christmas, I got them tickets to see TSO (Trans-siberian Orchestra).

I love our neighbors!

The sad thing overall, people are so quick to judge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Maybe there should be a special prosecutor assigned to the case? Someone who is not directly tied to the current administration?

Something to think about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Let's pretend there's a world that exists where you would believe proof when presented with it.

It's not a real world mind you, but it exists somewhere out there in the dreams of unicorns.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"