Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Torn on what Legendaries to Equip

So, I just got KJ Burning Wish drop tonight.

I currently have:
    Pyrdaz
    Ayalas Stone Heart (EXE Ring)
    Sephuz
    KJ Burning Wish Trinket

Pyrdaz is such a huge stat stick, and I don't currently have anything to replace it.
    Sephuz...is Sephuz.
    Ayalas, I know got nerfed.
    And KJ is supposedly our 2nd BiS trinket, which I always thought 1+2 = DoS and CoF.

Which two would benefit me most by equipping?
    Pyrdaz + KJ?
    Pyrdaz + Ayala?
    or
    Ayala + KJ?

Thanks in advance!

Sim it to get direct result but I will assume:

If you dont have Draught + CoF:
    Prydaz + Ayalas for ST
    Prydaz + KJ for AoE fights

Depends on your trinket setup, but yeah, if you don't have great trinkets -- KJ + Prydaz probably best. If you have "good" trinkets (draught/cof or high ilevel other), then ayala's + prydaz will be better. But like the other guy said, simming will give you a better answer.

are you fury or arms?
    if fury go prydaz and ring, if arms go trinket and ring
    given you have drought and cof in your fury setup

arms can use a second trinket more freely than fury, cof and drought are both locks for fury i'd say

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Copey View Post
    So, I just got KJ Burning Wish drop tonight.

I currently have:
    Pyrdaz
    Ayalas Stone Heart (EXE Ring)
    Sephuz
    KJ Burning Wish Trinket

Pyrdaz is such a huge stat stick, and I don't currently have anything to replace it.
    Sephuz...is Sephuz.
    Ayalas, I know got nerfed.
    And KJ is supposedly our 2nd BiS trinket, which I always thought 1+2 = DoS and CoF.

Which two would benefit me most by equipping?
    Pyrdaz + KJ?
    Pyrdaz + Ayala?
    or
    Ayala + KJ?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm not sure why people are saying you should equip Prydaz over Ayalas since crit is so meh. Yes Ayalas got nerfed but so did all other legendaries its still overall our 3rd BiS Legendary. So if you dont have CoF + DoS always use KJ + Ayalas

Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    I'm not sure why people are saying you should equip Prydaz over Ayalas since crit is so meh. Yes Ayalas got nerfed but so did all other legendaries its still overall our 3rd BiS Legendary. So if you dont have CoF + DoS always use KJ + Ayalas
    Prydaz is better for fury overall compared to ayala. Ayala might have a tiny tiny advantage on single target, while prydaz boosts your cleave dmg while giving you a nice shield. For arms however its another matter ofc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Prydaz is better for fury overall compared to ayala. Ayala might have a tiny tiny advantage on single target, while prydaz boosts your cleave dmg while giving you a nice shield. For arms however its another matter ofc.
    IMO the 746 extra stats isnt worth it to use over Ayalas. Although Prydaz has haste, you still need to down the boss, where the procs come in handy compared to a 25% shield

IMO the 746 extra stats isnt worth it to use over Ayalas. Although Prydaz has haste, you still need to down the boss, where the procs come in handy compared to a 25% shield
    The thing is they sim roughly the same on single target, so if there's any cleave at all going on Prydaz is a better dps choice. Remember Ayalas has poor stats compared other rings you can use if you use prydaz.

Have you simmed yourself on this? For me Prydaz sims about 2k better. You get a ton of haste and mastery along with 1M+ shield you get every 30 seconds. Also not running ayala's allows me to have a much better itemized ring. You say that it's only an extra 746 stats but when you combine that with a good haste/mastery ring over the crit on ayala's it seems to come out better. For my character it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
    Have you simmed yourself on this? For me Prydaz sims about 2k better. You get a ton of haste and mastery along with 1M+ shield you get every 30 seconds. Also not running ayala's allows me to have a much better itemized ring. You say that it's only an extra 746 stats but when you combine that with a good haste/mastery ring over the crit on ayala's it seems to come out better. For my character it does.
    I did sim myself, and Ayala's comes on top, (I have a 900 haste/mastery ring as replacement)

I have Cloak, Ayala's, KJ's, and Bracer (bracer doesn't matter).

I've been using Ayala's and KJ's cause i've been unlucky with trinkets (Normal and heroic kills + coins on all and no fookin luck). I like using the ring cause I like how the rotation is with ring + massacre. I like KJ's for all the add fights in nighthold. Am i gimping myself by not using the cloak?

KJ + Draught show as being BIS Trinkets for this tier. So many questions ahhhh! I wish we could equip 3 legendaries at this point.

You should absolutely be using the cloak. It's 2nd best by a rather large margin. If you have CoF and Draught, I'd run Cloak+Ayalas. KJ is still good, but you have to think of this in terms of opportunity costs, as most people seem to be missing above in regards to prydaz and Ayalas. If KJ is barely better than CoF, but the cloak is way way better than your current back (which it is), then althrough KJ might be the second best "static" legendary, it's actually worse in terms of pure DPS benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    You should absolutely be using the cloak. It's 2nd best by a rather large margin. If you have CoF and Draught, I'd run Cloak+Ayalas. KJ is still good, but you have to think of this in terms of opportunity costs, as most people seem to be missing above in regards to prydaz and Ayalas. If KJ is barely better than CoF, but the cloak is way way better than your current back (which it is), then althrough KJ might be the second best "static" legendary, it's actually worse in terms of pure DPS benefit.
    Its not a large margin, if you got the head you are forced to use crit heavy set pieces making the margin not as much. Its only a 5k dps increase Kazzalax VS Ayalas

I like ayala's because the dps difference is so minuscule, but the 1mil+ HP is so impactful. Also this is why it always comes back to simming; I feel like it's much easier to get really good rings in NH (and 1 slot is limited to CoS ring) relative to necks. So gotta weigh the opportunity cost with sims.

Its not a large margin, if you got the head you are forced to use crit heavy set pieces making the margin not as much. Its only a 5k dps increase Kazzalax VS Ayalas
    You can't contract my point and then input criteria that doesn't exist. He does not have the helm, thus he is not using crit heavy pieces, and as such it is a sizable upgrade over ayalas or KJs. All you are doing is confusing the conversation with meaningless tangents. From your comment, he might take that the cloak isn't that good and not wear it, when it clearly his best legendary. How the helm impacts gearing decisions is irrelevant as it is currently not a factor.

Mmo champ is always full of contradictions i know cloak is second best though; i think not having one of the trinkets yet is throwing off my choice. Ill see what happens after my clear this week. Ill prob swap cloak in for trinket for this weeks clear and see how it goes.

KJs is affected by colossus smash for what its worth. Warbreaker + KJ + BC + BS = huge aoe dps.

I'm running pants + KJ for great aoe. It's the only two I have though.

I swapped in cloak and ayalas out. Picked up ring off guldan today (no trinkets at all of course fook). Still running kj/ursocs. I swapped to frothing instead of massacre. My overall dps seems better.

I've got cloak, ayala, boots, shoulders, and bracers.

Siming every combination, with my various BiS replacements (I have 4pc + CoF & DoS + Melandrus & Collapsing) puts me with Cloak and Boots as my top dps combination. Ayala is about 14k behind that setup.

I imagine it's because Melandrus and Collapsing are both so strong and Ayala has such crap itemisation.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    KJs is affected by colossus smash for what its worth. Warbreaker + KJ + BC + BS = huge aoe dps.

I'm running pants + KJ for great aoe. It's the only two I have though.
    Best AoE combo, hell the WW belt probably fairs better since it is more sustained with the pants. I really want the pants so badly. I have belt, ring, trinket, boots and stupid sephuz.

My set up for maximum ST is Claw (920), DoS, Execute Ring and Collapsing Ring (870) (no luck on heroic Gul'dan ring), and Lego boots.
    My set up for high ST/AoE is Kil'J trinket, DoS, Execute Ring and Collapsing Ring.
    For maximum AoE, I go Fury with WW belt and Kil'J trinket and trade the Execute ring for an 880 Mastery/Haste.