Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Those nurses should be fired immediately and without question for advocating unhealthy and wrong practices from a medical professional.
    There are nurses who smoke. There are nurse's who've used drugs. There are nurses who've drunk alcohol. And there are nurses who've engaged in risky unprotected sex.

Should they all be fired?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/290914...weight-badges/

Do you support this proposal? If people were made to be more aware of their size, wouldn't it result in more healthy choices?
    No, to both questions. I'm pretty sure sticking a badge on someone doesn't suddenly make them want to hit the gym, go running and eat salad for all their meals like sticking a dunce cap on someone being an idiot didn't suddenly make them smarter or want to be for that matter. If anything it's likely a shallow attempt at advertising considering who is doing the proposing.

Also Tennisace continues to be a quantum hypocrite. How does one claim to oppose fat shaming but then post threads like this?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Shaming doesn't really work.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    There are nurses who smoke. There are nurse's who've used drugs. There are nurses who've drunk alcohol. And there are nurses who've engaged in risky unprotected sex.

Should they all be fired?
    Do those nurses advocate doing them? Creating analogies not even relevant. My nurse doesn't come tell me to smoke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Tenn, do you honestly think that people who are overweight are somehow...unaware?

You're not that stupid. You can't be that stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a nurse shortage. Where are they going to come up with their replacements, eh?
    There is a nazi shortage. They should try to fill those positions also. Your comment doesn't validate wrong practices. I'm sure you would also like a monkey to do your brain surgery?

Do those nurses advocate doing them? Creating analogies not even relevant. My nurse doesn't come tell me to smoke.
    An overweight nurse isn't advocating being overweight by merely existing, you muppet.

Also, you rag on my apt analogy, and then Godwin's Law all over the topic?

An overweight nurse isn't advocating being overweight by merely existing, you muppet.

Also, you rag on my apt analogy, and then Godwin's Law all over the topic?
    Do as your avatar says.

Before you join in with a condescending tone firing off deragatory remarks with ignorant responses fucking read the OP.
    Nurses have taken to social media to mock the badges and have created statements of their own in response.

One badge reads: “I’m fat and I don’t care” while another says: “I’m chunky and I love to snack”.

Do as your avatar says.

Before you join in with a condescending tone firing off deragatory remarks with ignorant responses fucking read the OP.
    If it doesn't interfere with their duties, it's not relevant.

And your Nazi analogy was seriously so dumb it almost, almost, dethroned my current sig.

If it doesn't interfere with their duties, it's not relevant.

And your Nazi analogy was seriously so dumb it almost, almost, dethroned my current sig.
    Advocating unhealthy practices does interfere with their duties.

You must not know what an analogy is. You saying random shit with no relevancy is not an analogy. Usually normal people just admit they are wrong. Seems that won't happen here.

Fun fact: Fat people actually know they are fat.

Advocating unhealthy practices does interfere with their duties.

You must not know what an analogy is. You saying random shit with no relevancy is not an analogy. Usually normal people just admit they are wrong. Seems that won't happen here.
    You're comparing nurses to nazis, I don't see where you have any credibility to my analogy regarding unhealthy practices.

I had an overweight dental assistant once, and an overweight triage nurse. They both did their jobs just fine and there was no issue with their weight. It didn't interfere with their duties and I didn't catch contact fatness from them.

You admitted you're fat, so why don't you get off your ass and fix that rather than spending your time on the internet spewing hate at people when said hate should obviously be directed at yourself?

You're comparing nurses to nazis, I don't see where you have any credibility to my analogy regarding unhealthy practices.

I had an overweight dental assistant once, and an overweight triage nurse. They both did their jobs just fine and there was no issue with their weight. it didn't interfere with their duties and I didn't catch contact fatness from them.
    Actually no. I didn't compare nurses to nazis. I compared that act of doing something wrong doesn't make it okay with a "shortage".

You seem to be moving goal posts now in an attempt to keep arguing. Did you dental assistant tell you you should go home and continue smoking? Did your nurse tell you you should go home and work on getting diabetes? No where did I mention a problem with fat people and fat people can't do normal things.

Actually no. I didn't compare nurses to nazis. I compared that act of doing something wrong doesn't make it okay with a "shortage".

You seem to be moving goal posts not in an attempt to keep arguing. Did you dental assistant tell you you should go home and continue smoking? Did your nurse tell you you should go home and work on getting diabetes?
    Hit the gym bro, it's the only way to come to terms with you being fat. Sitting on the internet projecting your self-hate towards other overweight people won't help you at all.

Do you support this proposal? If people were made to be more aware of their size, wouldn't it result in more healthy choices?
    Yes, I am in favor of forcing people to do things.

Hit the gym bro, it's the only way to come to terms with you being fat. Sitting on the internet projecting your self-hate towards other overweight people won't help you at all.
    Aww how cute. You tried I guess.

Fat people do not need badges to tell others they are fat. It fucking shows.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You linked something from the shittest tabloid in the UK, they'll post ANY news, even if it's fake.

None issue folks, typical Tennisfail thread.

OT: I like how he doesn't get banned for spam.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe he is a cripple and can't hit the gym? I know If I tried to hit the gym, I'd break my legs from a fall. Yay Osteoporosis.

Deleted
    Would you really need a badge to identify a person as obese though?

Deleted
    So shaming is the only way for people to learn, i guess we need to redo the textbooks for little children now

Deleted

What a fucking cunt. You dont need less confidence when you wanna lose weight, you need more of it. You need to be inspired, not broken because in all likelyhood you already are. This guy sounds like a complete loser who gets off on putting people down.

Deleted
    Shaming might be going too far, but please stop this "beautiful at every size" bullshit.