Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    From all the information I can find, it seems that the Obama administration had a mini-veto on the operation, which left it to Trump administration once he took office. An unfortunate case, and my main problem would be Trump not being present in the operation room while it took place, but rather doing more attention-whoring like is the norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    No, he has every right to criticize those in command when he believes their ineptitude led to his son's demise. People die in wars, yes, but the people who sign up for war -especially risky missions like this - trust in their superiors to make the right calls and minimize casualties. The commander-in-chief takes responsibility for the operations he authorizes, that is kind of where that name comes from. Thus, he has to face that criticism.
    yes, he has, but if he thought that US military is some kind of superman army and nothing wrong ever can happen - well, he only can blame himself for being extremely naive. His act is completely understandable and childish at the same time. It wasn't his life, his kid decided to be a militant by himself (i suppose) and this kind of things happen to militants, he should be ready for this to happen.

I don't think that trump has to face any sort of criticism, especially from this guy. Maybe he should note that people who planned this operation did fucked up, but you won't see a public apology or something from him simply because of his public persona and, well, because he is a president and it's not a nation-wide outrage.

Basically, father got angry and decided to vent, media picked this fart up and spread it via news outlets, because blaming trump is a hot topic and its really well paid topic, but since it's a fart it just smelled a bit and disappeared without any consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I don't think that trump has to face any sort of criticism, especially from this guy.
    Except for the part where the president didn't bother to be in the operations room for it, instead off showboating for attention. That might rub people the wrong way.

It's a war, people die at war, you should talk your son out of being a militant if you didn't wanted him to die in combat
    So with who is the US at war with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet Red Sword View Post
    Except for the part where the president didn't bother to be in the operations room for it, instead off showboating for attention. That might rub people the wrong way.
    Again, this whole issue of military men dying in a military operation doesn't stir enough shit for him to care so much that he will apologize publicly or something (seriously, what people want him to do besides that? Promise that he won't do that again?). He made a decision and faced consequences already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So with who is the US at war with?
    Terrorism, or drugs, pick something, they are always at war with everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Shock as important part of article is buried halfway down the page :P
    Failute attributable to the previous administration but success is all trump. Stay classy guys.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Guess it's time for Trump to dump that loser Mad Dog Mattis, since Mattis approved the raid before Trump even heard about it, it's clear Mattis is just a wreckless nutjob. Shame on Trump for listening to him!

One official said Trump trusted Mattis' view of the situation, in part, because he reviewed the plan and approved it shortly after taking over at the Pentagon on January 20 -- the first day of Trump's presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Failute attributable to the previous administration but success is all trump. Stay classy guys.
    Just you wait. When the Stock market bubble pops in the fall, you're going to hear "The Obama Recession" and "The Obama Bubble".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Just you wait. When the Stock market bubble pops in the fall, you're going to hear "The Obama Recession" and "The Obama Bubble".
    Of course. I fully expect to hear its obamas fault or better than hillary for the entirety of drumpfs term in office.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Reporter on the radio said that the raid got some valuable intelligence stuff, laptops and paper files. I don't know.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd only like to say 'mmurica, but that ain't useful.
    I feel sorry for their loss, but.... IMO it's quite obvious that there is a risk of dying when you go to a war. How is Trump responsible for this?
    Whenever you go to fight someone, there is a chance of that fight being the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Wow, another Trumpet alternative fact.
    This is called a question mark: ?

It means that the sentence was a request for an answer not a statement of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I know, it goes against your Trumpet alternative reality. Feels bad doesn't it?
    Read the posts you quote before replying, then you won't look foolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    It appears that the deceased's father directly blames Trump for the loss of his son's life due to bad decision making.
    I don't think Trump hasn't been in office long enough to have made any decisions involving the Navy SEALS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I don't think Trump hasn't been in office long enough to have made any decisions involving the Navy SEALS.
    How this work is that you got military generals pushing their agenda and they just needed the right idiot to let them do it. Looks like they found it.

And yes you can say 14 insurgents dead... but 16 civilians killed including children. Enjoy your blood lust.

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallel...aise-questions

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    And yes you can say 14 insurgents dead... but 16 civilians killed including children. Enjoy your blood lust.
    Well, in fairness that's above par for the US military lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    so your telling me no operation under any other president has ever gone bad and people have never died on special forces operations under any other president? Im not saying trump isnt shit, im saying hes not the one that planned the mission. Blaming him is like blaming gun manufatures for building a gun your loved one was shot with. Sorry but shit happens, and by advisers i mean generals from the militarys that drew up and planned the operation. not his security advisers.

- - - Updated - - -

and do you have proof that obama didnt ok it due to its risk?
    I'm telling you just what I said. It is his responsibility to appoint competent advisors. This was your point, remember? He willingly gambled with the lives of american soldiers and couldn't be arsed to be in the control room. He preferred twittering bullshit. How much more incompetent and unworthy does it get?

Just an upset father who wants to blame someone for his sons death. I dont blame him, i'm sure it's hard to deal with.

When you sign up for the military and agree to see combat, that combat may be your last. Just another thing to add to my list of irrational hatred for trump.

yes, he has, but if he thought that US military is some kind of superman army and nothing wrong ever can happen - well, he only can blame himself for being extremely naive. His act is completely understandable and childish at the same time. It wasn't his life, his kid decided to be a militant by himself (i suppose) and this kind of things happen to militants, he should be ready for this to happen.

I don't think that trump has to face any sort of criticism, especially from this guy. Maybe he should note that people who planned this operation did fucked up, but you won't see a public apology or something from him simply because of his public persona and, well, because he is a president and it's not a nation-wide outrage.

Basically, father got angry and decided to vent, media picked this fart up and spread it via news outlets, because blaming trump is a hot topic and its really well paid topic, but since it's a fart it just smelled a bit and disappeared without any consequences.
    No one expects perception. But that does not mean that they could not have done better. Note that I do not know which is the case - I simply contest your categorical denial of any criticism. That man wants an (independent) investigation, so we should let him. It should not be dismissed just because 'everyone rants against Trump anyway and he is just doing it for publicity and money'. If he is, yeah, butthole, but if he is not, then accusing him of that is pretty disrespectful. Just because currently everyone and their mom is criticizing Trump - and some of them in stupid/wrong ways does not automatically make all of them.

Also, stop calling the seal a militant, that is pretty rude. I think you mean 'someone who joins the military' but that is not synonymous with 'militant'.

As for Trump and being criticized: why not? He took responsibility for the job by authorizing it. He can't just say 'my advisers/the planners fucked it up'. It is his job to get capable advisers and to review the plans/oversee the implementation. It would be different if the seals acted on their own accord, but they did not. Being in control means you are the one that gets criticized, plain and simple.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    He has. He had to authorize this mission himself, so there are no two ways about it. His authorization, his responsibility.
    Last edited by Kiri; 2017-02-27 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Also, stop calling the seal a militant, that is pretty rude. I think you mean 'someone who joins the military' but that is not synonymous with 'militant'.
    Lol, anti-militant soldier.
    What next? Anti-racist nazis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

I mean... Why would he? Trump sent the guy into a mission that they had no intel on and knew wasn't safe, and then couldn't even be asked to go to the situation room because tweeting took priority (though I suspect if Trump had been in the situation room it would have ended worse anyway). I really don't see why the dad would want to meet him.

Not sure what the big deal is anyway, soldiers are nothing more than government dogs. They die all the time, it's irrelevant and nobody really cares. Many, many more soldiers will die on Trump, seems like a bad precedent to get upset over every one. Especially since he wants to start more wars, he knows that soldiers are disposable, he'll have no problem using them however he sees fit, no matter how dangerous the situation.